Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Professional fmr. Jackrabbits

https://twitter.com/AdamsonbrayBray/...15839722455040
    "Tell the truth and pay your bills and you don't have to back down from anyone"--My Dad

Comment

It was announced by Nationals manager, Dusty Baker, that Blake Treinen will be the closer to start the season.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      LET'S TAKE A TRIP TO BIRDLAND! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68-6O2mJhMw

Comment

Blake got a save on opening day too. Trying to get him on my fantasy team. I couldn't make the live draft and was hoping no one would pick him up. Guess will have to try to trade for him now.
        "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
          Blake got a save on opening day too. Trying to get him on my fantasy team. I couldn't make the live draft and was hoping no one would pick him up. Guess will have to try to trade for him now.
          1-2-3 inning with 2 K's, a nice start to a long season.

LET'S TAKE A TRIP TO BIRDLAND! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68-6O2mJhMw

Comment

Originally posted by 2002jack View Post
            1-2-3 inning with 2 K's, a nice start to a long season.

Seems it's a spot nationals have struggled to have someone lock down lately. Hope he can do it.
            "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Comment

Looks like Caleb Thielbar is playing AAA ball with the New Orleans Baby Cakes in the Marlins system.
              @JacksFanInNeb

I've always believed that if someone wants to run a country, he should know how to run a tractor first.
              --Steve Hartman, CBS Sunday

Comment

http://www.espn.com/blog/washington-...s-finish-games

Nice write up for Treinen.

Comment

Great story! Thanks for posting Goon.

When I was reading the story, I was trying to remember what his stuff was like when he was wearing a Jackrabbit uniform. According to the story, his stuff is really amazing!

An extreme sinkerballer, Treinen posted a 66 percent ground-ball rate last year that was the best of any major league pitcher not named Zach Britton. His average sinker velocity was 95.2 mph, the fifth-fastest in baseball on such pitches. He’s even touched triple digits with his dive-bomber, a feat so rare for a sinkerballer that it resulted in Treinen being the subject of a clue on “Jeopardy!” Unlike Britton, though, who uses his sinker almost exclusively (92 percent), Treinen gives plenty of love to a filthy slider he throws roughly a third of the time and that limited opposing hitters to a .120 average last season. Against the Marlins on Opening Day, he deployed his sinker on 13 of 17 pitches, averaging 97.2 mph in the process. The other four offerings were sliders, including the 3-2 doozy that punched out Bour and had his teammates gushing after the game.
                  “Would you rather have a 97 mile-per-hour pitch that moves a ton, or a 91 mile-per-hour pitch that moves a ton?” said catcher Matt Wieters. “They’re both good options.”

Comment

Blake really struggling in the closer role for the Nats. Gave us a run on two hits and two walks in 1/3 of an inning last night before giving way to Shawn Kelley. He's given up runs in 4 of 8 appearances.

Hopefully he can regain his confidence.

Comment

Treinen has been replaced as Nats closer.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
                      "Tell the truth and pay your bills and you don't have to back down from anyone"--My Dad

Comment

Originally posted by jacks1 View Post
                        Treinen has been replaced as Nats closer.

And got shelled last night. Six straight singles

Comment

Sorry to hear that. I hope he gets some of his "mo" back soon.

Comment

Originally posted by MontanaRabbit View Post
                            Blake really struggling in the closer role for the Nats. Gave us a run on two hits and two walks in 1/3 of an inning last night before giving way to Shawn Kelley. He's given up runs in 4 of 8 appearances.

Hopefully he can regain his confidence.
                            ERA is up over 10 now. He may lose his roster spot at this pace. Hope he figures something out.
                            We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
                              ERA is up over 10 now. He may lose his roster spot at this pace. Hope he figures something out.
                              If not, Dell Rapids PBR could use some young arms...

Comment

Yeah I was worried about him being named closer because of how sinker ballers work. Generally with closers you want strike out pitchers because any time the ball is in play it could become a hit. Also I feel like his mechanics are all messed up right now. Dusty Baker is notorious for being hard on bullpens, and pitchers in general.

On a positive note, Adam Bray has been called up to AAA (Oklahoma City) for the Dodgers

Comment

Working...
                                X