Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Next year's team

Originally posted by JackJD View Post
    NoVaJack: I fixed the initial statement of the thread title but cannot do that for the title appearing in the posts.

Added: Okay, figured out how to edit the title on each post. I'll get them fixed...sure don't want NoVaJack getting an editor's itch.

Ha! Thanks! The crusade to save the printed word needs constant diligence.

Comment

Also regarding next year, hopefully the extra fans that jumped on board during the WNIT run will fill some seats.

Here are a couple notes I saw on twitter yesterday.

@Jacks_Tix: Fun fact: after the @JackrabbitWBB WNIT run, more than 36,400 Jacks fans came to a game this season--or more than 2x the 2nd place team!

@Jacks_Tix: And unofficially, @JackrabbitWBB had 14 of the 16 best attended home games in the @thesummitleague this season. Huge thanks to #Jacks fans!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Southeast View Post
        @Jacks_Tix: And unofficially, @JackrabbitWBB had 14 of the 16 best attended home games in the @thesummitleague this season. Huge thanks to #Jacks fans!
        And the other two games were when SDSU played at NDSU and USD.

Comment

In other words, SDSU WBB is the team to see play in the Summit League.

Comment

G Jessica Hart from Eagan is transfering to MSU-Moorehead...http://www.inforum.com/event/article/id/433303/

Comment

Originally posted by BigGoosie13 View Post
              G Jessica Hart from Eagan is transfering to MSU-Moorehead...http://www.inforum.com/event/article/id/433303/
              Jessica will certainly do well with this move. Good luck to her.
              Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Good for her. She's going to a respectable D2 program and can play right away. I think she'll be a real solid player at that level.

Edit: This frees up a scholarship, right?
                "Tell the truth and pay your bills and you don't have to back down from anyone"--My Dad

Comment

Last women's transfer out of SDSU was Vanessa Johnson, who is now Grad Assistant Coach at Moorehead.

Comment

x
                    Originally posted by UWMandSDSU View Post
                    Last women's transfer out of SDSU was Vanessa Johnson, who is now Grad Assistant Coach at Moorehead.
                    That's been awhile, like maybe four years, and to think AJ has managed to keep everyone happy for the most part. There might be other considerations in making the transfer such as academic majors. Jessica is a Junior so this might be the right time to make this move. Her parents will still have to travel to see her play.

Comment

[

Edit: This frees up a scholarship, right?[/QUOTE]
                      There are 10 returning players and 4 LOI for the freshman class. I think 15 scholarships is correct.
                      Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

As one post season commentator said " a very tight knit group,almost like a family" was the way she described our team.When that quality shines through so that everyone can see , you know you have a special program.

Hate to see Jessica leave,but I'm sure it's with everyone's well wishes .Good luck Jessica.

Comment

Just guessing here, but maybe Jessica wants to major in elementary education, something that SDSU offers in half-a*sed way and you end up taking most of your courses at Dakota State. Seems like this was a problem for Mandy Koupal was a reason for her subsequent transfer to USD. MSUM would have this animal and probably very good major. Seems like we lost another young lady the same time as Mandy from Watertown because she wanted to major in accounting.

For being the largest enrollment, SDSU does not have a complete curriculum. We have no accounting major, no elementary education major and a few others. I think it goes back a long ways. USD said you(SDSU) do agriculture and all that good stuff, and we will do the rest. Its been a hassle to add accounting courses. I believe we now offer a minor.

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
                            We have no accounting major, no elementary education major and a few others.
                            Off topic for WBB- I've heard that local businesses have been pushing SDSU to develop an accounting major, and SDSU is taking steps to move in that direction.

Comment

It will be interesting to see if or how they fill the open scholarship left open by Hart.

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
                                Just guessing here, but maybe Jessica wants to major in elementary education, something that SDSU offers in half-a*sed way and you end up taking most of your courses at Dakota State. Seems like this was a problem for Mandy Koupal was a reason for her subsequent transfer to USD. MSUM would have this animal and probably very good major. Seems like we lost another young lady the same time as Mandy from Watertown because she wanted to major in accounting.

For being the largest enrollment, SDSU does not have a complete curriculum. We have no accounting major, no elementary education major and a few others. I think it goes back a long ways. USD said you(SDSU) do agriculture and all that good stuff, and we will do the rest. Its been a hassle to add accounting courses. I believe we now offer a minor.
                                You can major in Early Childhood Education at SDSU which can lead to certification for pre-K, all the way through 5th grade. So it is possible to receive a similar degree to Elementary Education at SDSU.

Cooperative Elementary Education - Early Childhood Education

The cooperative elementary education specialization with Dakota State University (DSU) and Northern State University (NSU) is for students who are interested in teaching certification for elementary and middle school grades in the public school system in South Dakota. The courses specific to elementary education are offered by DSU and NSU faculty on the SDSU campus.
                                It typically takes five years to complete the cooperative program. Students complete a student teaching experience at the Fishback Center for Early Childhood Education and at a selected public school.
                                Originally posted by JackFan96
                                Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Working...
                                X