X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: WNIT,What's it mean?

Originally posted by hareball View Post
    Makes sense for the SDSU faithful to defend the Tupper
    Also makes sense for anyone who doesn't claim allegiance to either SDSU or USD to read Tupper's opinion piece and conclude, as others have written in this thread, that while an NCAA appearance is preferred, a run to the final four in the WNIT provides a lot of attention, fan support, revenue etc.

Hardball, no one claimed you were surprised by fans of SDSU having a more favorable view of Tupper's opinion. Are you going to continue to read this thread and every so often tell us you're not surprised? Surely you have better things to do with your time.
    Last edited by JackJD; 04-23-2014, 11:38 AM.

Comment

Still not surprised that the SDSU faithful continue to defend the "Tupper"
      We use Tupperware at our house daily. I defend it against all competitors.

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
        Usd won the summit and beat sdsu. Those are its only accomplishments. As great as the are it was not as good as a year as what sdsu had. Look and the teams we beat. Mid major rankings deep wnit run. All favors sdsu.
        Yes. USD deserves much credit for their win in the Summit League tournament over SDSU. They played great, and knocked the Jacks back on their heels and our team never recovered. They took that game, and they deserve credit for that, going on to win the league tournament, and EARNING their first appearance in the NCAAs. Congratulations.

The Jacks would have chosen an NCAA tourney bid over the WNIT every day of the week and twice on Sunday, but the WNIT bid did serve a purpose and perhaps will serve to show the returning players what they are capable of and allow them to set their sites on what it takes not just to make the NCAA field, but to win and advance.

I will also confidently state that in the next 5 years, SDSU will earn more NCAA appearances then the rest of the league combined. We have quite a team setting up for this next bit. If the rest of the league keeps improving, perhaps we can progress that stature of the league to the point that our seeding will improve to the point where wins in the NCAA tournament are more probable.
        The Zen philosopher Basha once wrote, 'A flute with no holes, is not a flute. A donut with no hole, is a Danish.'

Comment

The WNIT was an opportunity to show how good the team could play after their defeat in the Conference tournament.The team took this opportunity and made the most out of it.That's what highly competative teams do,they move on and do the best they can from that point forward.Proud of the team and proud of the effort they gave to give us all the pleasure of seeing them perform at a high level.

Was looking forward to watching them play on National TV one more time,but it's hard to win on the road against the WNIT runner up with 12,000 screaming fans.We came close, and are much better prepared for next season.I would say it was a good season,despite having lost in the Conference Tournament.

Comment

The USD loss in the Summit tourney felt like, and played out to be "everybody's off, and we can't get on track" deja vu to the OOC losses. Fortunately, going in with a bye to play a recently tested (not 9 days prior) #4 team was a recipe to lay an egg. Jacks did. FOR JUST THE FIRST TIME IN 6 YEARS! Congrats to the Yotes, they caught the Jacks on the ultimate "off day."

Jacks have relatively feasted on the WNIT. We have hosted, and brought post-season tourney play to Frost every time we have participated. Jacks consistently have some of the best attendance in the WNIT. This has borne additional fruit as the WNIT folks have been sources for many a great early season tourney, and because the WNIT know that SDSU will take on the best, they are always contacting AJ about possible participation.

This year in particular, Jacks made an outstanding run. This Rabid Rabbit believes that IF we'd had home games the whole way, that SDSU would have been the 2014 WNIT champs. However, a fervent packed house of 12K+ AGAINST the Jacks success, and they still almost pulled the Rabbit Win speaks volumes of how prepped the Jacks are to build into next year. Will ANY crowd intimidate this group? I don't think so. Should Jacks ever pull the miracle of advancing to the Sweet 16 in the NCAAs, you have to like their chances of playing as toe-to-toe as any mid-major would.

And what does the crowd size and fervor say about the chances for the new Sioux Falls arena say about hosting a NCAA first round? Spokane and Delaware both rode into the sweet 16's, and maybe the elite 8 by playing in their backyards. SDSU is poised to make that something to occur over the next 10 years, hopefully at least twice.

WNIT titles are a strong possibility, and Jacks have already advanced further into a post-season than ANY Summit or MidCon team. IMHO, Jacks will exceed even that outstanding 2008-2009 performance next season, maybe not the # of wins, because Jacks should have 3 to 5 top 25 teams on their schedule. But if they can get to Summit tourney with only 5 L's, they would be likely to be a top choice for an at-large slot, and if they win tourney, maybe even a 6 or 7 seed again.

Comment

Still not surprised that the SDSU faithful continue to defend the "Tupper"
              No idea who the Tupper is but I recall some rah rah articles in the local papers when USD was "making their run" in the "DI post-season" the last few years. We talkin bout the WBI? What comes around goes around...
              We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

hareball, if you're going to use "the" ahead of a person's name, then you have to cut the name down to one syllable and add "ster" to the end of the name. It was one of the rules of speech established in the early 1980s so get with the program. Examples: "the Tuppster". Or, more familiar to you, "the Herbster".

Comment

Originally posted by JackJD View Post
                  hareball, if you're going to use "the" ahead of a person's name, then you have to cut the name down to one syllable and add "ster" to the end of the name. It was one of the rules of speech established in the early 1980s so get with the program. Examples: "the Tuppster". Or, more familiar to you, "the Herbster".
                  There are exceptions to all rules. In this instance, the " Tupper" is appropriate. #sheep
                  USD Fan

Comment

There are a couple of exceptions to the rule. In some cases, for example, one can add "er" to the name. Here's an example used in a sentence: I guess we can't surprise "the hareballer".

Comment

Originally posted by JackJD View Post
                      There are a couple of exceptions to the rule. In some cases, for example, one can add "er" to the name. Here's an example used in a sentence: I guess we can't surprise "the hareballer".
                      Good one.

Comment

Originally posted by jackdaniel View Post
                        The WNIT was an opportunity to show how good the team could play after their defeat in the Conference tournament.The team took this opportunity and made the most out of it.That's what highly competative teams do,they move on and do the best they can from that point forward.Proud of the team and proud of the effort they gave to give us all the pleasure of seeing them perform at a high level.

Was looking forward to watching them play on National TV one more time,but it's hard to win on the road against the WNIT runner up with 12,000 screaming fans.We came close, and are much better prepared for next season.I would say it was a good season,despite having lost in the Conference Tournament.
                        The best thing in the long run about this WNIT experience is the extra couple of weeks of practice and experience for the younger players, and to some extent the experience of playing in the post season in general.
                        The Zen philosopher Basha once wrote, 'A flute with no holes, is not a flute. A donut with no hole, is a Danish.'

Comment

In response to the title of the thread, it means Women's National Invitational Tournament.....end of discussion.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                          LET'S TAKE A TRIP TO BIRDLAND! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68-6O2mJhMw

Comment

Originally posted by 2002jack View Post
                            In response to the title of the thread, it means Women's National Invitational Tournament.....end of discussion.
                            Too late! Already anticipated this response,go back and read post number 1 in this thread.

Comment

Originally posted by 2002jack View Post

I am serious. And stop calling my Shirley.

Comment

Originally posted by JackrabbitGuy View Post
                                I am serious. And stop calling my Shirley.

Would you rather be called "Tupper"?
                                USD Fan

Comment

Working...
                                X