X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: USD Hires Craig Smith

Originally posted by jack power View Post
    Not a smack thread.
    That may have been what Coach Smith meant when he said:"What I remember so vividly is the spirit and atmosphere in the DakotaDome. They were all in. There was no halfway in, both feet were in. I just felt like this is an amazing place.”
    Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Originally posted by coyotecrazie5 View Post
      Considering there are no trailers by the dome anymore I do not understand how your comment is relevant. Does Nagy walk from the horse barns on the north side of town to games at Frost? I remember the first time I pulled into Brooklyn and all I could see were jacked up Dodge Rams with fake bulls sacks dangling under the rear bumper. Not to mention the sweet smell of manure that lofts over that whole town. I dont know if it is from the livestock or the bullsht that spews from a majority of State fans. Either way your jealousy of the hire is noted. I'm looking forward to future match-ups in the SL.
      We've been to the tourney twice AND had a player taken in the NBA draft. Come back when you can say the same. Nothing to be jealous of.

Comment

Originally posted by MontanaRabbit View Post
        We've been to the tourney twice AND had a player taken in the NBA draft. Come back when you can say the same. Nothing to be jealous of.
        SDST has had more success in the years since going to D1, as they should. Congrats on the past, the gap is going to be closed soon enough. Also, congrats on Nate being drafted to the worst team in the league and after they get the #1 pick, he will no longer play. As the farmers say, "Nater's Gon' Nate Y'all! YeeeeHaww!"

Comment

Allergy season has hit and I have an enormous headache and hence what little patience I have today is now exhausted.

Smack will stop.

Failure to do so will result in bans.
          "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

The current behavior of coyote fans is just another reflection on the differences in the programs. Hype and excitement over a coach that has ZERO D1 wins about to take over a program coming off a horrible finish and a marginal year at best. No doubt the transition is a large reason for the current struggles and no doubt the new coach comes in with a nice pedigree at lower division programs and as an assistant at DI. Leave it at that and be satisfied that you got the guy you wanted. The talk about a "winning program" and "dominating the Summit league" just isn't appropriate even if its just a rah rah thing.

Its a good hire for a program that has a lot to prove a the DI level. That's all it is. Time will determine if its anything more than that. Success will not hinge on this hiring alone. In know way should any coyote fan feel compelled to believe that his some how ensures that USD is going to equal or exceed the success at SDSU. To even suggest it seems asinine to me. It tells me that coyote fans are still overly consumed by what is happening up in Brookings. Perhaps my comments on this topic suggest I am overly concerned about the coyotes.
            We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Where is James going to end up? think there are any D-2 or smaller programs that he would go for headcoach or try to get on as a D-1 assistant?

Is Smith going to keep any of the current assistants?
              "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Considering there are no trailers by the dome anymore I do not understand how your comment is relevant. Does Nagy walk from the horse barns on the north side of town to games at Frost? I remember the first time I pulled into Brooklyn and all I could see were jacked up Dodge Rams with fake bulls sacks dangling under the rear bumper. Not to mention the sweet smell of manure that lofts over that whole town. I dont know if it is from the livestock or the bullsht that spews from a majority of State fans. Either way your jealousy of the hire is noted. I'm looking forward to future match-ups in the SL.
                I don't think my post is smack, if so feel free to delete.

IMO, this kind of attitude amongst USD supporters directly impacts their ticket sales. "Haha, those dumb farmers."

I know if I was a farmer living near Beresford, I would be really excited about attending games where the majority of current fans seem to enjoy making fun of my vocation. I know I would line up to turn over some of my dumb farm profits for season tickets + donation.
                “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

Originally posted by SF_Rabbit_Fan View Post
                  I don't think my post is smack, if so feel free to delete.

IMO, this kind of attitude amongst USD supporters directly impacts their ticket sales. "Haha, those dumb farmers."

I know if I was a farmer living near Beresford, I would be really excited about attending games where the majority of current fans seem to enjoy making fun of my vocation. I know I would line up to turn over some of my dumb farm profits for season tickets + donation.
                  The thread topic is the hiring of a new coach at USD, not the attitude of USD fans.

(I took drugs, so the headache is lessened. Even so . . . )
                  "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Weren't USD fans saying a lot of similar things when they hired a new football coach a couple seasons back?

Not much change in that program yet either...

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks-02 View Post
                      Weren't USD fans saying a lot of similar things when they hired a new football coach a couple seasons back?

Not much change in that program yet either...
                      Well, hope springs eternal . . .

And, realistically, pretty much all Summit League head coaching positions are still entry-level D-I head coaching jobs. The candidate pool consists of D-I assistants and D-II head coaches, for the most part. The best you can reasonably hope for is to get a D-I assistant from a program that's had some recent success, which Nebraska has had. Not wild, outrageous success, but still it's been success by the relatively modest standards set by University of Nebraska basketball.
                      "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Originally posted by filbert View Post

And, realistically, pretty much all Summit League head coaching positions are still entry-level D-I head coaching jobs. The candidate pool consists of D-I assistants and D-II head coaches, for the most part. The best you can reasonably hope for is to get a D-I assistant from a program that's had some recent success, which Nebraska has had. Not wild, outrageous success, but still it's been success by the relatively modest standards set by University of Nebraska basketball.
                        A Nebraska program that has as many NCAA tourney wins as Smith has DI wins as a HC.
                        We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Originally posted by filbert View Post

Exactly - the only other option is a retread Div I head coach who is trying to resurrect a career after failing at previous stops.

Comment

SDST fans are way too uptight. There were jabs thrown at our school, so I jabbed back. In no way do my opinions reflect an entire fan base, I am one person. The current behavior of SDST fans is that they are far superior to any other University in the state. There is nothing more annoying to me than pretentious fans. If SDST would have been in the same situation and hired Smith, he would be the second coming of Christ. Does the hire mean that USD will be at the top of the SL immediately? Of course not, but it helps. When coach Smith said that he could see himself coaching here one day and was impressed by USD and the fanbase, and having a SDST fan bash that immediately is irritating. If I said the same thing about a coach wanting to go to Moo U, people would be all over me on here. Case in point my posts from earlier. It is a joke when I make fun of farmers going to SDST. Just as SDST fans make fun of the U as the 'U of sex and drugs' (who doesn't like sex, never understood that dig.) I am not uneducated and think that agriculture is not the #1 factor in the state of SD's economy. My point is that SDST is not untouchable, not even close. It is not like SDST has been rolling over USD since they have been playing. I apologize for trolling the board, it was way too easy. Hopefully the rivalry will start being more competitive in men's athletics, as I am confident it will. Carry on with your discussion and good day. Just remember who the first school was in SD. It's a good day to be a Coyote!

Comment

SDST fans are way too uptight. There were jabs thrown at our school, so I jabbed back. In no way do my opinions reflect an entire fan base, I am one person. The current behavior of SDST fans is that they are far superior to any other University in the state. There is nothing more annoying to me than pretentious fans. If SDST would have been in the same situation and hired Smith, he would be the second coming of Christ. Does the hire mean that USD will be at the top of the SL immediately? Of course not, but it helps. When coach Smith said that he could see himself coaching here one day and was impressed by USD and the fanbase, and having a SDST fan bash that immediately is irritating. If I said the same thing about a coach wanting to go to Moo U, people would be all over me on here. Case in point my posts from earlier. It is a joke when I make fun of farmers going to SDST. Just as SDST fans make fun of the U as the 'U of sex and drugs' (who doesn't like sex, never understood that dig.) I am not uneducated and think that agriculture is not the #1 factor in the state of SD's economy. My point is that SDST is not untouchable, not even close. It is not like SDST has been rolling over USD since they have been playing. I apologize for trolling the board, it was way too easy. Hopefully the rivalry will start being more competitive in men's athletics, as I am confident it will. Carry on with your discussion and good day. Just remember who the first school was in SD. It's a good day to be a Coyote!

Wow, where have i been? Ive never seen the comment about the U being the "U of sex and drugs". But of course, just liek not reflecting an entire fan base, im assuming that comment doesnt reflect the entire SDSU fanbase. I also dont think the majority of SDSU fans thing they are far superior to any other University in the state. But again, just like you, its not the entire SDSU fanbase. It seems OK for you to make fun of us but we cant make fun of you. But then you were just joking but i guess we dont joke, huh? Good luck to your new coach and hope we beat you 4 times again in the regular season and a couple times in the Summit tourney.

Comment

Are you ASKING to be banned?

Because that can be arranged.

This constitutes a warning. A final warning--which goes for all other posters, as well--SDSU fans and everyone else.

Drop this line of discussion in this thread.

Now.

If you want to engage in the usual tedious SDSU-USD smack, we have a section for it. Keep it there, please.
                                "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Working...
                                X