USD Hires Craig Smith

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: USD Hires Craig Smith

For reference, Nagy makes $200,000 and Johnston $180,000.
    LET'S TAKE A TRIP TO BIRDLAND! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68-6O2mJhMw

Comment

Amy Williams gets $123,500, but I imagine she is due for a pay raise.

Joe Glenn - $132,000

Coach Stig - $160,000

Jim Abbott/David Chicoine both get $344,000

Justin Sell - $171,392

David Herbster - $155,000

Comment

A pay cut but being a head coach is worth something too. Have your own program, can turn around a struggling program, who knows. he gets USD to the top of the confrence in a few years and He might get bigger offers from big schools who saw he turned around USD he has to be worth it.
        "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Nebraska has a 6.4% income tax rate and housing costs in Lincoln are quite a bit more than Vermillion. He can buy himself one of those double-wides near the dome and walk to practice.

Comment

More than I thought they'd be able to pay him. The issue will be how much of a raise over the next 3 years will they be able to give him. If they are so-so successful in a tough Mid-Major (most likely 1 bid league), will he take a $250K job to be an assistant somewhere else, like Dane Fife did? IDK, its about as good as hire as you can get though.

Comment

If he's such a good coach, why hasn't ge gotten an offer until now? Has been mentioned as a contender for a head job anywhere else or has he just been following Miles around?
              This space for lease.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacked_Up View Post
                If he's such a good coach, why hasn't ge gotten an offer until now? Has been mentioned as a contender for a head job anywhere else or has he just been following Miles around?
                Just been following Miles around. Made good money too, btw. He was a head coach at Mayville, I believe.

Excerpt from the Argus Leader today:

H e won NAIA coach of the year honors for leading the Comets to the national championship game in 2007, going 72-29 in his three seasons there after taking over a program that went 1-25 the year before.

Comment

Originally posted by joeboo22 View Post
                  More than I thought they'd be able to pay him. The issue will be how much of a raise over the next 3 years will they be able to give him. If they are so-so successful in a tough Mid-Major (most likely 1 bid league), will he take a $250K job to be an assistant somewhere else, like Dane Fife did? IDK, its about as good as hire as you can get though.
                  This may be the turn for Summit coach salaries. I would guess that more money will be out there for all the programs as a newbie coach starts at $185K.
                  Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Originally posted by OldHare View Post
                    This may be the turn for Summit coach salaries. I would guess that more money will be out there for all the programs as a newbie coach starts at $185K.
                    I'm not so sure you can call him a newbie. Apparently he had an epiphany over a decade ago.

“When I was at North Dakota State I remember coming to Vermillion for the first time,” Smith recalled. “From the second I got here I felt like this could be the place that I could see myself being a head men’s basketball coach.

http://siouxcityjournal.com/sports/b...ff46c7be5.html

Comment

Originally posted by jack power View Post
                      I'm not so sure you can call him a newbie. Apparently he had an epiphany over a decade ago.

“When I was at North Dakota State I remember coming to Vermillion for the first time,” Smith recalled. “From the second I got here I felt like this could be the place that I could see myself being a head men’s basketball coach.

http://siouxcityjournal.com/sports/b...ff46c7be5.html

Must. Not. Smack....

Can't help it. I had an epiphany my first trip to Vermillion also. It had to do with trailer courts and over-sized quonsets...
                      "Tell the truth and pay your bills and you don't have to back down from anyone"--My Dad

Comment

Originally posted by jacks1 View Post
                        Must. Not. Smack....

Can't help it. I had an epiphany my first trip to Vermillion also. It had to do with trailer courts and over-sized quonsets...
                        Also from the article:
                        “What I remember so vividly is the spirit and atmosphere in the DakotaDome. They were all in. There was no halfway in, both feet were in. I just felt like this is an amazing place.”

lolol

Comment

And the campus was filled with puppies, lollipops and rainbows.
                          This space for lease.

Comment

Originally posted by 2002jack View Post
                            Nebraska has a 6.4% income tax rate and housing costs in Lincoln are quite a bit more than Vermillion. He can buy himself one of those double-wides near the dome and walk to practice.

Considering there are no trailers by the dome anymore I do not understand how your comment is relevant. Does Nagy walk from the horse barns on the north side of town to games at Frost? I remember the first time I pulled into Brooklyn and all I could see were jacked up Dodge Rams with fake bulls sacks dangling under the rear bumper. Not to mention the sweet smell of manure that lofts over that whole town. I dont know if it is from the livestock or the bullsht that spews from a majority of State fans. Either way your jealousy of the hire is noted. I'm looking forward to future match-ups in the SL.

Comment

Originally posted by coyotecrazie5 View Post
                              Considering there are no trailers by the dome anymore I do not understand how your comment is relevant. Does Nagy walk from the horse barns on the north side of town to games at Frost? I remember the first time I pulled into Brooklyn and all I could see were jacked up Dodge Rams with fake bulls sacks dangling under the rear bumper. Not to mention the sweet smell of manure that lofts over that whole town. I dont know if it is from the livestock or the bullsht that spews from a majority of State fans. Either way your jealousy of the hire is noted. I'm looking forward to future match-ups in the SL.
                              Not a smack thread.

Comment

All right, people.

Don't make me turn this car around.
                                "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Working...
                                X