USD Hires Craig Smith

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• USD Hires Craig Smith

USD will hire Craig Smith to be their next men's basketball coach. Press conference at 2pm tomorrow.

Per @dmherbster.

Re: USD Hires Craig Smith

I'd like to know what they are paying him..... He is a real good hire, I just wonder how long he will stay around.

Comment

Originally posted by joeboo22 View Post
      I'd like to know what they are paying him..... He is a real good hire, I just wonder how long he will stay around.
      Once on the payroll of the state of SD it will be easy to find out.

Comment

I'm guessing a ball park figure will be given out tomorrow.

Its a great hire, at least in name. You never really know how these turn out until 3-5 years down the road.

Comment

I would imagine this will make the Coyotes more competitive in the Summit League. His job may be to turn around the program and move on to another job after 5 years.

Comment

Two years ago he made $160K.

http://journalstar.com/sports/husker...0abeaf74f.html

Comment

Originally posted by Grizzled_Jack View Post
              He got a raise to $200k....

"Nebraska's three full-time assistant coaches will all make more than $200,000 apiece when the new fiscal year starts July 1, a source with knowledge of the deals said.
              Kenya Hunter, just hired from Georgetown, will be paid $230,000. According to sources at NU and Georgetown, that is believed to be a $40,000-a-year raise.
              Current assistant Craig Smith will get about a $40,000 bump to between $200,000 and $205,000. Assistant Chris Harriman also will get a raise to about $205,000 to $210,000."

http://www.omaha.com/article/2013061...late=mobileart

Comment

"A rising tide lifts all boats"

Comment

Very good hire.

Journalism moment: Will any reporter actually ask tomorrow how much this new state employee will be paid? As I recall, all the journos accepted the fiction that Joe Glenn's contract "wasn't settled" when he signed on to be USD's football coach. How many of us would take a job without agreeing on salary?

By the way, I agree completely with the "rising tide" argument. It is a certainty that if somehow Smith is hired for more than Nagy makes, Coach Nagy will get a raise. Right now, Coach Nagy makes $200K and deserves more than that in my opinion.
                  Holy nutmeg!

Comment

Originally posted by Roy View Post
                    "A rising tide lifts all boats"
                    Indeed.

Comment

Originally posted by JimmyJack View Post
                      Very good hire.

Journalism moment: Will any reporter actually ask tomorrow how much this new state employee will be paid? As I recall, all the journos accepted the fiction that Joe Glenn's contract "wasn't settled" when he signed on to be USD's football coach. How many of us would take a job without agreeing on salary?

By the way, I agree completely with the "rising tide" argument. It is a certainty that if somehow Smith is hired for more than Nagy makes, Coach Nagy will get a raise. Right now, Coach Nagy makes $200K and deserves more than that in my opinion.
                      Excellent points I agree Nagy is not paid enough, and he went through transition which would have destroyed most people. Craig Smith has always appeared to be a real gentlemen and this will good for USD.

Comment

Originally posted by FargoBison View Post
                        He got a raise to $200k....
                        And with the run the Huskers put together, he was in line for another nice bump.
                        @JacksFanInNeb

I've always believed that if someone wants to run a country, he should know how to run a tractor first.
                        --Steve Hartman, CBS Sunday

Comment

I'm surprised they landed him. He's a good coach, no doubt.

Count me among the interested into seeing what he will get paid. Just for the sake of knowing.

Comment

Originally posted by da_coach View Post
                            I'm surprised they landed him. He's a good coach, no doubt.

Count me among the interested into seeing what he will get paid. Just for the sake of knowing.
                            Jeremy Hoeck tweeted out that Smith will be paid $185k.

Comment

Originally posted by YanktonJack7 View Post
                              Jeremy Hoeck tweeted out that Smith will be paid $185k.
                              A PAY CUT. No doubt all sorts of incentives which will make up the difference in a hurray.

Comment

Working...
                              X