2017 recruits

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2017 recruits

disregard my last post (i deleted it)......I don't want to get involved in another heated discussion......I'm going to have a nice quiet uneventful blissful day...much better i think

Comment

Originally posted by NoVaJack View Post
      Wonder if AJ sprinkles his "great day" Tweets with a few just to see the patter havoc it creates on this site... It's the bell to Pavlov's dog - then about half the time it detours into an undeserved slam on the beat writer for the Argus. Like clockwork. Fascinating. Bet AJ is laughing at this one...
      AJ is only laughing at the talented roster he's putting together and the potential success they could have. He's never known to send that tweet out and have it not mean they got another commitment.

Looks like it was Addison Hirschman - post player from Iowa referenced above: https://twitter.com/ajhirschman55/st...66297181097985

Welcome to the Jackrabbit family Addison!

Comment

Originally posted by BTownJack View Post
        AJ is only laughing at the talented roster he's putting together and the potential success they could have. He's never known to send that tweet out and have it not mean they got another commitment.

Looks like it was Addison Hirschman - post player from Iowa referenced above: https://twitter.com/ajhirschman55/st...66297181097985

Welcome to the Jackrabbit family Addison!
        Spot on. Thanks

Comment

So,......recruits and scholarships,where we stand so far. I've got 14 for the 16-17 season (am I missing someone,thought we were supposed to have 15?) For 17-18 we're full up (15).The 18-19 season looks like 13 at present and 19-20 we should have 9 left on scholaship.

I'd give names, but right now I'm just concerned about the number of scholarships filled for each respective season.

Comment

Originally posted by jackdaniel View Post
            So,......recruits and scholarships,where we stand so far. I've got 14 for the 16-17 season (am I missing someone,thought we were supposed to have 15?) For 17-18 we're full up (15).The 18-19 season looks like 13 at present and 19-20 we should have 9 left on scholaship.

I'd give names, but right now I'm just concerned about the number of scholarships filled for each respective season.
            Tagyn Larson as a red shirt will be using the scholarship for 2016-17.
            http://sdsufans.com/board/showthread...823#post296823
            Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Originally posted by OldHare View Post
              Tagyn Larson as a red shirt will be using the scholarship for 2016-17.
              http://sdsufans.com/board/showthread...823#post296823
              Thanks again...i don't list them if they aren't playing...maybe I should start

Comment

With Tonoia Wade gone my first thought was perhaps Chloe Lamb is for sure back on the radar for 2017. But, if the roster stays as it is right now, that probably is not going to happen. I don't think she has committed anywhere. There will be 15 scholarships next year w/ the 3 incoming freshmen for 2017. Only one incoming guard for 2017-Theuninck and none for 2016. 2017-Miller is a Sr. and Guebert a Jr. Would be nice to have one more incoming guard by 2017-----Wonder what AJ has planned???

Comment

Originally posted by tjbison View Post
                  Wish we could have a thread about WBB recruiting on BV...we are light years behind in that sport.

I don't know much about this sport but is SDSU having a good year getting who they want?
                  We are recruiting yes,but really young players,who will come in and enter the program at a later date would be my guess. We are full up this year (2016-2017) and the next year, (2017-2018) we'll have 3 seniors graduating (Ober,Young,Viso) and who will be replaced with the 3 incoming Freshmen (Seiiend,Theuninck,Irwin).

In 2018-2019 we'll have 2 spots available. Good problem to have I'd think. It's great piece of mind in knowing we'll be having great players coming in to replace the great ones who graduate.Great to keep that depth going also,to develop our young players into future leaders.

The Bison had a pretty good recruiting year themselves,I think.
                  Last edited by jackdaniel; 07-09-2016, 10:52 PM.

Comment

I started a thread under the Summit League section: Summit League womens basketball recruiting (other than SDSU).

I think it's always interesting to follow the recruiting efforts of our conference mates but it seems to make more sense to have non-SDSU recruiting reported in its own thread.

Comment

Originally posted by jackdaniel View Post
                      We are recruiting yes,but really young players,who will come in and enter the program at a later date would be my guess. We are full up this year (2016-2017) and the next year, (2017-2018) we'll have 3 seniors graduating (Ober,Young,Viso) and who will be replaced with the 3 incoming Freshmen (Seiiend,Theuninck,Irwin).

In 2018-2019 we'll have 2 spots available. Good problem to have I'd think. It's great piece of mind in knowing we'll be having great players coming in to replace the great ones who graduate.Great to keep that depth going also,to develop our young players into future leaders.

The Bison had a pretty good recruiting year themselves,I think.
                      Since we lost Wade, are we still full this year? I don't remember getting somebody to fill her scholarship.

Comment

Originally posted by 91jack View Post
                        Since we lost Wade, are we still full this year? I don't remember getting somebody to fill her scholarship.
                        15 are on current roster. Possibly give the open scholarship to Chynna Stevens, before Wade left Chynna was not on a scholarship.

Comment

Chloe Lamb is going to USD.

Sully Buttes basketball standout Chloe Lamb has chosen to continue her playing career with the University of South Dakota.
                          During her varsity career, Lamb has been named to the all-state team three times, led her team in scoring during the 2015-2016 season, selected three times to the Class B All-State Tournament Team, & led the Chargers to the State B Title last season.
                          The soon to be senior has also excelled in the classroom as she carries a 4.0 and serves as the student council president.
                          It's just an old Army trick I learned in the Navy.

Comment

Originally posted by rabbitfarmer View Post
                            Chloe Lamb is going to USD.

Sully Buttes basketball standout Chloe Lamb has chosen to continue her playing career with the University of South Dakota.
                            During her varsity career, Lamb has been named to the all-state team three times, led her team in scoring during the 2015-2016 season, selected three times to the Class B All-State Tournament Team, & led the Chargers to the State B Title last season.
                            The soon to be senior has also excelled in the classroom as she carries a 4.0 and serves as the student council president.
                            PSA: Don't google Chloe Lamb if you're at work, the results are definitely NSFW. I was trying to remember who Chloe Lamb was, so I googled her name to find a video or her playing to see if I had watched it before. Some videos showed up alright, definitely not of her and not of basketball.

Comment

Originally posted by CappinHard View Post
                              PSA: Don't google Chloe Lamb if you're at work, the results are definitely NSFW. I was trying to remember who Chloe Lamb was, so I googled her name to find a video or her playing to see if I had watched it before. Some videos showed up alright, definitely not of her and not of basketball.
                              Me thinks you knew EXACTLY who she was when you googled her.

HEYO!!
                              "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

Good get for them. Can't say that her decision shocks me. Her cousin (Alexis Yackley) started at PG for them during their transition years and their 1st year of being eligible for Summit League Post-Season.

Comment

Working...
                                X