2017 recruits

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2017 recruits

I think that Omaha might put up a good fight in coming years. They only lost one senior who wasn't a key contributor and they had three transfers sitting the bench last year. I think it was two from Wichita and one from Texas Tech. With Summit League's leading scorer and their center who was on all newcomer team. And Brecht from SF. They've got some good talent. At this point I would rank them preseason #2

Comment

Originally posted by RabbitTimes3 View Post
      I think that Omaha might put up a good fight in coming years. They only lost one senior who wasn't a key contributor and they had three transfers sitting the bench last year. I think it was two from Wichita and one from Texas Tech. With Summit League's leading scorer and their center who was on all newcomer team. And Brecht from SF. They've got some good talent. At this point I would rank them preseason #2
      i wouldn't argue with that. i thought they had a great chance to finish top 4 in the summit last season, but, they lost a number of close games.

Comment

Brecht may have some injuries that could slow her game.
        Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

You may be right, but IUPUI and ORU (who swept Omaha last year) return all 5 starters next year as well. Needless to say, I think the fight for 2-5 with those 3 teams and USD should be quite interesting. Everyone else seems to lag back quite a bit from there. WIU should finish 6th and the rest of the teams will suck and be a drag on the conference RPI.

Comment

Originally posted by smoothjack
            I'm assuming the other recruit is Addison Hirschman 6'2 post from Kingsley Pierson Iowa. Could also be Ashtyn Veerbeek from Hull Western Christian. Both play for Iowa Barnstormers West.
            anyone confirm who was second recruit?

Comment

anyone confirm who was second recruit?
              You'd think Zimmer would have this out by now. But he doesn't, no surprise.

Comment

Originally posted by BTownJack View Post
                He must not have gotten the announcement of who it was that was released by the athletic department. Oh....wait.....

Comment

"I think AJ tweeted his "great day to be a Jackrabbit again." from inside Frost right as the banquet was getting ready to start."

Quote from WestsideRabbit in SDSU Foundation Banquest thread.

Comment

Originally posted by BTownJack View Post
                    Oh, we are doing this again? Cool, cool...

Comment

Originally posted by MontanaRabbit View Post
                      He must not have gotten the announcement of who it was that was released by the athletic department. Oh....wait.....
                      The athletic department may be limited to conversation of underclassmen verbal commitments. That information may need to come from the recruit.
                      Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Originally posted by OldHare View Post
                        The athletic department may be limited to conversation of underclassmen verbal commitments. That information may need to come from the recruit.
                        That post was loaded with sarcasm. It's pretty common knowledge that SDSU can't comment a specific recruits until they sign. The fact that someone assumes Zimmer should "break" the news on who it is is ridiculous.

Comment

That post was loaded with sarcasm. It's pretty common knowledge that SDSU can't comment a specific recruits until they sign. The fact that someone assumes Zimmer should "break" the news on who it is is ridiculous.
                          ....and I do agree with you.

Comment

Just do as I do,don't expect anything from antbody...cuts down on disappointments tremendously

Comment

The fact that someone assumes Zimmer should "break" the news on who it is is ridiculous.
                              Is this more sarcasm? I'm not sure I follow. Isn't part of the job of a sports beat writer to "break" news prior to any official announcement?

Comment

Wonder if AJ sprinkles his "great day" Tweets with a few just to see the patter havoc it creates on this site... It's the bell to Pavlov's dog - then about half the time it detours into an undeserved slam on the beat writer for the Argus. Like clockwork. Fascinating. Bet AJ is laughing at this one...

Comment

Working...
                                X