Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Spring Ball

Originally posted by goon View Post
    How does the scoring work again? Didn't D win the last couple years?
    I don't recall the offense ever winning until this year.
    If you think nobody cares about you, try missing a couple of payments.
    - Steven Wright

Comment

How does the scoring work again? Didn't D win the last couple years?
      Scoring system was not the conventional 6 pts for a TD. Rather the Defense got six for a fumble recovery, 12 pts for a td on fumble. and there are other ways to score pts, but don't recall all of them off-hand.

Comment

Terry Vandrovec has filed his report on today's spring game with the Argus Leader...here's the link:

http://www.argusleader.com/story/spo...-game/8226429/

Comment

Sounds like there were a lot of good signs in the game ... some of the best news: "Nobody got hurt".

Comment

A side note, I happen to be in Fargo area, and caught the news clip of the NDSU spring game. I don't recall who won, but the score was something like 26-22. A low score to me indicates they are ready to go on both sides of the ball.

Comment

Originally posted by Kemo View Post
              I don't recall the offense ever winning until this year.
              In tv article it said something like 5 or 6 years.
              "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
                A side note, I happen to be in Fargo area, and caught the news clip of the NDSU spring game. I don't recall who won, but the score was something like 26-22. A low score to me indicates they are ready to go on both sides of the ball.
                Or they do a different scoring system.
                "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Comment

Or they do a different scoring system.
                  I hoping a bison would chime in but I am pretty sure we use the same system, a method to score spring games.

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
                    I hoping a bison would chime in but I am pretty sure we use the same system, a method to score spring games.
                    It's different. Not sure what the Bison use but Stig (being a former math guy) said on radio he has came up with his own scoring system. It allows more scoring opportunities.

Comment

I'd be surprised if the Jacks used the same, made-up scoring system as the Bison or any other school in the region. Scoring systems seem to be a mix of whim and rewarding what coaches want to reward at a particular time.
                      This space for lease.

Comment

Originally posted by UWMandSDSU View Post
                        It's different. Not sure what the Bison use but Stig (being a former math guy) said on radio he has came up with his own scoring system. It allows more scoring opportunities.
                        I am sure you are right. I thought a coach had dreamed this up as a way to score spring games, but apparently there are several dreams out there, including the one dreamed up by Coach Stig.(Stig is a good math teacher) I had a chance to read the print version of the Fargo Forum, and according Kolpeck, it was a so-so game. I think the news clip I watched last evening had some great plays, but it did not show Wentz, the QB replacement going 11 for 20 on passes. It's hard to count the Bison out though. If some one is able to beat them next year, they will most likely meet them early in the season.
                        Last edited by Nidaros; 04-27-2014, 07:17 PM.

Comment

Here's a link to Terry Vandrovec's blog on his report of spring ball:

http://www.argusleader.com/story/ter...-2014/8328545/

Comment

Originally posted by JackJD View Post
                            Here's a link to Terry Vandrovec's blog on his report of spring ball:

http://www.argusleader.com/story/ter...-2014/8328545/
                            Man after reading that It makes me long for the days of a 2 back backfield like we had with Koenig and Minnett. split the backs in the back field and it creates just so many options for us. a lot harders to defend then sending the back up the middle. Plus if we dont have the experience at WR we can use the depth at running back as the team works to add depth to the WR unit. My big worry would be if having to complex blocking schemes for a young and unproven O line. which i think will turn into a strength soon enough, it could be a little rocky trying to push the formations they need to learn. which I think they should be able to handle blocking for more then just a 1 back running play.

Comment

They finally released a video...http://vimeo.com/94541131

Comment

Working...
                              X