Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Spring Ball

Originally posted by sdsu_drake View Post
    Has anybody been watching the jackrabbit Insiders on the top 10 running backs and quarterbacks. It is making me joined for some football. I also wish they would have the position reports like last year seems like there is a lot less out about our jacks this year.
    Why? Why less information?

I agree. You'd think with today's media there would be more information about the Jacks available not less. Thankfully we have this forum.

Good point about top ten QB's and RB's. How many other teams can match the Sumner/Zenner combo?

Comment

Keep in mind that, for the most part, the traditional media - newspapers, television and radio - have stripped down their news and sports staffs to the bare bones. Terry V does a great job, under the circumstances. I don't know what the Brookings media provides on a regular basis, but it should be leading the way.
      This space for lease.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacked_Up View Post
        Keep in mind that, for the most part, the traditional media - newspapers, television and radio - have stripped down their news and sports staffs to the bare bones. Terry V does a great job, under the circumstances. I don't know what the Brookings media provides on a regular basis, but it should be leading the way.
        Terry V at the Argus is the pipeline for the print industry. However, the Argus has stubbed its toe on circulation to many small towns and leaves an even larger void for someone who normally had read the Argus at breakfast. The online version is not as convenient for the dinasours like myself. The Brookings media has game results. There is not much extensive reporting of the teams in the Brookings Register.
        Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

I think it was Matt Holland who put out the vimeos of each position, before he took that internship with the St.Louise Rams

Comment

Brookings Media? Ha. Their stuff is the equivalent to AP reporting. You are just as well off reading the Athletic Dept press releases.

Unless there is something out there that I haven't found, Terry V. and this board are about the best sources for more detailed analysis. Of course, this assumes that you are unable to watch things first-hand or talk directly to players/staff.

Comment

Originally posted by sdsu_drake View Post
              I think it was Matt Holland who put out the vimeos of each position, before he took that internship with the St.Louise Rams
              He's actually back on the football staff as of the beginning of spring ball, this time as a full timer I believe.

Comment

Originally posted by JACKGUYII View Post
                The lack of coverage by the Register is pretty pathetic!
                That shouldn't come as a surprise to anyone. Maroney and staff enjoy having things fed to them by press releases from the college. If they have to work for it, they would prefer not to cover it. Such a shame. Not that I would have any knowledge of the inner workings of the Register at all..

Comment

Article in the Argus this morning says we are going away from the two tight end set to a more traditional fullback set. That should make some people on this forum happy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by BitsTD View Post
                    Article in the Argus this morning says we are going away from the two tight end set to a more traditional fullback set. That should make some people on this forum happy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                    Hopefully Cam Jones will be 100 per cent this fall

Comment

Jackrabbit spring football game scheduled for 11 a.m. Saturday at Coughlin-Alumni Stadium

Comment

Listen live right now on 570 WNAX or wnax.com or the TuneIn App. Stig is in the radio booth for the entire game.

Comment

Stig says Langer is 290lbs. "If he isn't careful, he's gonna end up being an offensive lineman." [laughs].

Seriously though, he's a beast.

18-5 offense up early on.

Comment

Offense wins 58-49.

Comment

How does the scoring work again? Didn't D win the last couple years?
                              "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Sounds like Mangarelli had a really nice game. It's pretty unbelievable that we got this kid to walk on here from Arizona out of all places. Not sure why he was overlooked either being that he was very successful in high school and his highlights were pretty impressive.
                                If you think nobody cares about you, try missing a couple of payments.
                                - Steven Wright

Comment

Working...
                                X