MSU-Mankato

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: MSU-Mankato

Its not really that difficult to understand. Nagy had a plan for the SDSU Jackrabbits. It included Zach M. in a role that wasn't what Zach M. had in mind. Nagy wanted Zach to stay, Zach wanted something different than what Nagy and SDSU could offer him. I think it worked out great for both of us.

No "inner circle" no conspiracy. Nagy isn't a monster and Zach isn't Benedict Arnold. I hope MSUM wins the national title.
    We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Originally posted by JackrabbitGuy View Post
      Is Nagy's inner circle like the Jack Burns circle of trust?
      Are you a Pothead Focker?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      Message for the youth: “Set your goals high and work for them, because if you set your goals where they should be, it’s going to require a lot of hard work. And even if you don’t achieve them, it shows longevity, and it shows commitment. And those are both things you need for the rest of your life,” Tony Fiegen

Comment

Originally posted by SkippyJack View Post
        Are you a Pothead Focker?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        As in Gaylord ?

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
          Its not really that difficult to understand. Nagy had a plan for the SDSU Jackrabbits. It included Zach M. in a role that wasn't what Zach M. had in mind. Nagy wanted Zach to stay, Zach wanted something different than what Nagy and SDSU could offer him. I think it worked out great for both of us.

No "inner circle" no conspiracy. Nagy isn't a monster and Zach isn't Benedict Arnold. I hope MSUM wins the national title.
          While I think Nagy is probably the opposite of a monster, there are clearly those that get extra slack and those that don't. I won't pretend to know the reasons for that, I'm sure playing ability is one of them. But I for one find it interesting to compare how Coach Nagy deals with Chad White (pulling and reaming out a shooter who has lacked confidence all season after a bad pass is a bold strategy) compared to how he deals with Cody Larson. Its pretty obvious, at least to me.
          “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

Originally posted by SF_Rabbit_Fan View Post
            While I think Nagy is probably the opposite of a monster, there are clearly those that get extra slack and those that don't. I won't pretend to know the reasons for that, I'm sure playing ability is one of them. But I for one find it interesting to compare how Coach Nagy deals with Chad White (pulling and reaming out a shooter who has lacked confidence all season after a bad pass is a bold strategy) compared to how he deals with Cody Larson. Its pretty obvious, at least to me.
            Didn't Nagy say some things about Bittle that he didn't like on the court. But he lets it go because its give the team more of an edge? I could be wrong, but i thought i heard something along those lines.

Comment

Originally posted by SanDakotaState View Post
              Didn't Nagy say some things about Bittle that he didn't like on the court. But he lets it go because its give the team more of an edge? I could be wrong, but i thought i heard something along those lines.
              He did. Not sure what game it was after. I'm paraphrasing, but he said something along the lines that some of the things Jake does drives him nuts. He said he and Jake had talked about those things. Nagy went on to say he tolerates the things that bother him because some of the things Jake brings to the floor make the Jacks a tougher team.

Last year I think he talked about Jake being not afraid to get a little "grimy".

The bottom line at the end of the day is Nagy isn't paid to be every players best friend. He is paid to win basketball games and prepare these young men for life after basketball. Some players can be yanked and chewed out, ie Chad White. Some players need to be treated a little more delicately.

Comment

Nevermind. Didn't realize I had basically copied MontanaRabbit's post. Except his was much clearer.

Comment

Working...
                X