Summit tourney, 2015

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Summit tourney, 2015

I went through the new events center today. It is open Sundays from 1-4 and for some Saturday hours as well until late March for anyone who wants to see it. Is going to be an outstanding venue. The man there said tickets will go on sale during this years tournament. They are still working on the seating diagrams.

Re: Summit tourney, 2015

Originally posted by Rabbit74 View Post
    I went through the new events center today. It is open Sundays from 1-4 and for some Saturday hours as well until late March for anyone who wants to see it. Is going to be an outstanding venue. The man there said tickets will go on sale during this years tournament. They are still working on the seating diagrams.
    With the large amount of time available the first day due to 1 women's game and 1 men's game, that might be an ideal time to visit the new arena.
    Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Originally posted by OldHare View Post
      With the large amount of time available the first day due to 1 women's game and 1 men's game, that might be an ideal time to visit the new arena.
      The hours on Saturday are 6-8 pm

Comment

Has anyone heard any speculation on cost for the 2015 tournament all sessions pass? I'm assuming there will be a bump up in price....what do people think? $150? $200?

Also, no word yet on when the 2015 tickets go on sale, one can assume the morning this years tournament starts...so as of now, I'm planning on heading to SF saturday morning to snag a few.
        "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

My guess is $150ish for uppers and $200+ for lowers
          "Tell the truth and pay your bills and you don't have to back down from anyone"--My Dad

Comment

Originally posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
            Also, no word yet on when the 2015 tickets go on sale, one can assume the morning this years tournament starts...so as of now, I'm planning on heading to SF saturday morning to snag a few.
            Hopefully they mention this at the press conference today or give us some insight. On the Denny Sanford Premier Center website it has the event scheduled but says the ticket sales time has not been set. They also don't have a seating chart up there yet. I was hoping to be there on Saturday and grab passes for next year as well.

http://dennysanfordpremiercenter.com...t-league-2015/

Comment

Originally posted by el_presidente View Post
              Hopefully they mention this at the press conference today or give us some insight. On the Denny Sanford Premier Center website it has the event scheduled but says the ticket sales time has not been set. They also don't have a seating chart up there yet. I was hoping to be there on Saturday and grab passes for next year as well.

http://dennysanfordpremiercenter.com...t-league-2015/

TV tweeted "Tickets for the 2015 Summit League Tourney will NOT go on sale before or during the 2014 event, per SF Sports Authority director Wes Hall"

Comment

dont they essentially know what the seats are even before they are installed? or do they have to wait to make sure seating numbers and such are accurate? Would be great if they let you select your own seats and not just get stuck with first available. Any seats that are not sponsor or sold already should be available right away so those getting tickets the first day get the ones they want. The last few years at the arena the only way to get close seats are the end sections. we get in line early and every year are a couple rows higher then the last year. hopefully the permier has a lot better variety in seat selection.
                "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
                  dont they essentially know what the seats are even before they are installed? or do they have to wait to make sure seating numbers and such are accurate? Would be great if they let you select your own seats and not just get stuck with first available. Any seats that are not sponsor or sold already should be available right away so those getting tickets the first day get the ones they want. The last few years at the arena the only way to get close seats are the end sections. we get in line early and every year are a couple rows higher then the last year. hopefully the permier has a lot better variety in seat selection.
                  Yes, you are correct they are waiting to make sure they don't sell a seat that potentially won't be physically in the new place. That would be a disaster.

I would think with the new place you will be able to see which seats are available. They have used that for Sanford Pentagon for a few of the events this year on Ticketmaster. Works nice.

In the media event today, they stated there is going to be around 7700 seats in the lower bowl.
                  Last edited by UWMandSDSU; 03-06-2014, 04:33 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by UWMandSDSU View Post
                    Yes, you are correct they are waiting to make sure they don't sell a seat that potentially won't be physically in the new place. That would be a disaster.

I would think with the new place you will be able to see which seats are available. They have used that for Sanford Pentagon for a few of the events this year on Ticketmaster. Works nice.

In the media event today, they stated there is around 7000 (or was it 7700) seats in the lower bowl.
                    I go to a lot of shows and such at the washington pavilion and they allow you to pick the seats you want and the area and its just so much easier. Thats good to hear the lower section has plenty of seats to hopefully get a good one early. probably can wait a little bit to still score a good seat. but as the tourney grows its probably going to be hard some years to still get prime seating.
                    "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by UWMandSDSU View Post

In the media event today, they stated there is going to be around 7700 seats in the lower bowl.

I thought I heard 7700,also,any one actually been there on tour or anything,it looks to me if you're in the back row of the upper bowl,you wouldn't be able to see the entire court.

Comment

Originally posted by BudLight Jackrabbit View Post
                        TV tweeted "Tickets for the 2015 Summit League Tourney will NOT go on sale before or during the 2014 event, per SF Sports Authority director Wes Hall"
                        This is very good news. It was extremely inconvenient to have to stand in line during the actual tournament. Now, how do we get dibs on the first available tickets???
                        We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
                          This is very good news. It was extremely inconvenient to have to stand in line during the actual tournament. Now, how do we get dibs on the first available tickets???
                          Be a corporate sponsor.

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
                            Camp out all night long the day before in a "sleeping bag" outside til the ticket booth opens

Comment

When does the Summit League office move from Chicago to Sioux Falls?
                              Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Working...
                              X