Summit tourney, 2015

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Summit tourney, 2015

I got charged a "service fee" of $70.80 per ticket for eight tickets, plus a "facility fee" of $6 per ticket. (Plus an order processing fee and the ticket-mailing cost.) That's all on top of the actual price of the tickets. Hopefully I'll be getting that $55 a ticket refund, too.
    This space for lease.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacked_Up View Post
      I got charged a "service fee" of $70.80 per ticket for eight tickets, plus a "facility fee" of $6 per ticket. (Plus an order processing fee and the ticket-mailing cost.) That's all on top of the actual price of the tickets. Hopefully I'll be getting that $55 a ticket refund, too.
      I think you'll get back about $60 per ticket. After the corrected "the error" as they are calling it, the "service fee" was $10.80 per ticket. The facility fee and processing fee remained the same. Final price was around $142 per ticket after taxes.
      We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

I checked my account, set up last night in preparation for ordering today, and it now shows a new "receipt" with the corrected numbers. I purchased two tickets and here's the price comparison.

Price charged this morning when I ordered:
        Ticket Price: 124.00 x 2
        Facility Charge: 6.00 x 2
        Service Fee: 70.80 x 2
        Additional Taxes: 6.08 x 2
        SUB-TOTAL OF ABOVE: 413.76
        Order processing fee: 3.55
        TOTAL OF ABOVE: 417.31

The receipt now available on my account shows the following:
        Tickets: 124.00 x 2
        Service Fee: 10.80 x 2
        Facility charge: 6.00 x 2
        SUBTOTAL OF ABOVE: 281.60
        Order Processing Fee: 3.55
        TOTAL OF ABOVE: 287.07

Now, get out your calculator: the subtotal of the amounts on the new receipt, 281.60, plus the order processing fee of $3.55 = 285.15. But, the total showing on my revised Receipt is 287.07. A math error (? overcharge) of 1.92 in favor of Ticketmaster?

The items shown above are taken verbatim (including order presented) from the receipts printed from my account on the Ticketmaster site. Note the line item "Additional taxes 6.80 x 2" in the first group, the original receipt. There is no line item for "additional taxes" in the second group. Is that the 4.00 added to the price of the 120.00 ticket?

Who is the Bozo running Ticketmaster? I am reluctant to say anything about a $1.92 error (yeah, went to Starbucks today for a $5.00+ foo-foo coffee). I don't want to open up the possibility that Ticketmaster will get another chance at working me over somehow.

Anyone else note math discrepancies in their receipt? If 1000 people had the same math error, Ticketmaster's inability to add results in $1,920 extra in their pocket.

Maybe I'll just wait until I get my credit card bill and then I'll dispute $1.92 of the charges, using their receipt as my evidence. Good ol' MasterCard will give them the third-degree, make them prove their charges etc.

EVERYONE, CHECK YOUR RECEIPT AND MAKE SURE YOU CHECK YOUR CREDIT CARD STATEMENT WHEN RECEIVED.
        Last edited by JackJD; 08-20-2014, 05:47 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by JackJD View Post
          I checked my account, set up last night in preparation for ordering today, and it now shows a new "receipt" with the corrected numbers. I purchased two tickets and here's the price comparison.

Price charged this morning when I ordered:
          Ticket Price: 124.00 x 2
          Facility Charge: 6.00 x 2
          Service Fee: 70.80 x 2
          Additional Taxes: 6.08 x 2
          SUB-TOTAL OF ABOVE: 413.76
          Order processing fee: 3.55
          TOTAL OF ABOVE: 417.31

The receipt now available on my account shows the following:
          Tickets: 124.00 x 2
          Service Fee: 10.80 x 2
          Facility charge: 6.00 x 2
          SUBTOTAL OF ABOVE: 281.60
          Order Processing Fee: 3.55
          TOTAL OF ABOVE: 287.07

Now, get out your calculator: the subtotal of the amounts on the new receipt, 281.60, plus the order processing fee of $3.55 = 285.15. But, the total showing on my revised Receipt is 287.07. A math error (? overcharge) of 1.92 in favor of Ticketmaster?

The items shown above are taken verbatim (including order presented) from the receipts printed from my account on the Ticketmaster site. Note the line item "Additional taxes 6.80 x 2" in the first group, the original receipt. There is no line item for "additional taxes" in the second group. Is that the 4.00 added to the price of the 120.00 ticket?

Who is the Bozo running Ticketmaster? I am reluctant to say anything about a $1.92 error (yeah, went to Starbucks today for a $5.00+ foo-foo coffee). I don't want to open up the possibility that Ticketmaster will get another chance at working me over somehow.

Anyone else note math discrepancies in their receipt? If 1000 people had the same math error, Ticketmaster's inability to add results in $1,920 extra in their pocket.

Maybe I'll just wait until I get my credit card bill and then I'll dispute $1.92 of the charges, using their receipt as my evidence. Good ol' MasterCard will give them the third-degree, make them prove their charges etc.

EVERYONE, CHECK YOUR RECEIPT AND MAKE SURE YOU CHECK YOUR CREDIT CARD STATEMENT WHEN RECEIVED.
          Beautiful!! Nice catch there! I will check mine for sure as I will be expecting a refund.

I got a very sincere e-mail back from the lady I've been contacting at Arena box office. After she replied to me that the service fees were a result of a $7-10 charge per game hence the $70+ in fees, she replied again and said "i'm glad you e-mailed me, after I responded to you I went and checked with someone and that is when we realized something was wrong."

Initially I knew something was up when the service fees were over half the price of the actual ticket. That is wrong - even for lowly Ticketmaster!

Comment

That refund made my day. I feel like I got a bargain, considering the quality of the seats I ended up with. I was able to confirm that rows A-F are the lowest in the building. My brother battled computer issues from 10:00-10:30 before finally locking in 3 seats. I was on the phone with him as i was traveling. It really surprised me to see that we ended up with seats so close to the floor (F) in a center section.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Southeast View Post
              That refund made my day. I feel like I got a bargain, considering the quality of the seats I ended up with. I was able to confirm that rows A-F are the lowest in the building. My brother battled computer issues from 10:00-10:30 before finally locking in 3 seats. I was on the phone with him as i was traveling. It really surprised me to see that we ended up with seats so close to the floor (F) in a center section.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
              Looking back, I guess we should have assumed that better seats would be available for "the rest of us". In the Arena, corporate sponsors really had no place to seat everyone except in actual seats. In the new Event Center, they will each likely have a suite. That should free up a ton of seating.

Comment

Originally posted by TK22867 View Post
                Looking back, I guess we should have assumed that better seats would be available for "the rest of us". In the Arena, corporate sponsors really had no place to seat everyone except in actual seats. In the new Event Center, they will each likely have a suite. That should free up a ton of seating.
                All suites have been sold out. Not all sponsors for the Summit League Tournmanement will have their own suite, unless they purchased a suite initially.

List of suite owners: http://www.ksfy.com/story/21533709/l...enter-sold-out

Comment

Originally posted by UWMandSDSU View Post
                  All suites have been sold out. Not all sponsors for the Summit League Tournmanement will have their own suite, unless they purchased a suite initially.

List of suite owners: http://www.ksfy.com/story/21533709/l...enter-sold-out
                  "There are 22 suites in the Denny Sanford PREMIER Center. Two suites are reserved for Title Sponsors and two others are reserved for the facility's use."

You are correct they likely won't have their own suite, but I'm guessing instead of actual seat tickets they will be granted access to the suites referenced.

I know that Sanford and Premier had a wealth of tickets the past few years, so putting most of those butts in suites helped the rest of us.

Comment

The system was very busy this morning. It had a 15 minute wait to get a seat to offer. All I have been able to have for a choice is seats behind the baskets. Maybe tomorrow I can get seats in the middle upper level.
                    Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Originally posted by OldHare View Post
                      The system was very busy this morning. It had a 15 minute wait to get a seat to offer. All I have been able to have for a choice is seats behind the baskets. Maybe tomorrow I can get seats in the middle upper level.
                      Didn't the early-signup continue today? I note the password for the early signup was "published" on the NDSU message board so anyone who read that could access the system for tickets even if they had not purchased a Summit Baseball Tourney ticket.

Comment

Originally posted by JackJD View Post
                        Didn't the early-signup continue today? I note the password for the early signup was "published" on the NDSU message board so anyone who read that could access the system for tickets even if they had not purchased a Summit Baseball Tourney ticket.
                        That may be a reason the system was overwhelmed early at 10am. It has slowed since then, but the only tickets best available are section 110.
                        Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

I thought it was a bit odd there wasn't more authentication required to confirm that you had bought a Summit League Baseball ticket. In this day and age each baseball ticket purchaser could have at least gotten a unique code - then instructed that code will only be valid for one transaction. At the same time - I doubt the Summit League and/or SF Arena cares much - as long as the seats are sold.

Comment

Originally posted by BTownJack View Post
                            I thought it was a bit odd there wasn't more authentication required to confirm that you had bought a Summit League Baseball ticket. In this day and age each baseball ticket purchaser could have at least gotten a unique code - then instructed that code will only be valid for one transaction. At the same time - I doubt the Summit League and/or SF Arena cares much - as long as the seats are sold.
                            Individual codes might be in the Ticketmaster platinum package, aka give us a bigger cut.
                            “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

The girls' daycare was closed today so I took the day off work and we went to Sioux Falls. We stopped by the arena at 10:30 and scored 3 all session passes in Section 105 Row T.

VERY happy with that!
                              "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

Originally posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
                                The girls' daycare was closed today so I took the day off work and we went to Sioux Falls. We stopped by the arena at 10:30 and scored 3 all session passes in Section 105 Row T.

VERY happy with that!
                                Was there a big line at the box office??

Comment

Working...
                                X