Coach Stig at Yankton QB club Wednesday, Feb 19th

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Coach Stig at Yankton QB club Wednesday, Feb 19th

Coach Stig will be at the Yankton QB club tomorrow. Elk's Lodge, 12 noon, there is a meal provided. He will have a lot of great info about Jackrabbit football, the new stadium and SDSU in general. Always a great speaker, try to make it to the Elk's lodge if you are near Yankton and have time over the noon hour tomorrow.
    We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Re: Coach Stig at Yankton QB club Wednesday, Feb 19th

can someone record it like they did last year? I would assume you know who that was.

Comment

jackmd - Could you give us a recap afterwards? Thanks in advance.

Comment

Maybe someone should ask him why he has ignored Lyons county Iowa in recruiting. This should prove to be the most embarrassing question of the day. Stig will be speechless.

Comment

perhaps it's because there is no Lyons county...

Comment

Originally posted by slosho View Post
            perhaps it's because there is no Lyons county...
            Pardon me, I meant Lyon County. NO PLURAL. HOW STUPID OF ME

Comment

Here is a blog post on the appearance by P&D writer Jeremy Hoeck.

http://pressdakotan.wordpress.com/

Comment

Interesting quote from Stig on recruiting Yankton in the video at about the 1:57 mark (pardon my paraphasing):

"I've recruited Yankton for a lot of years as an assistant and as a head coach, and there are a lot of good student-athletes that come out of here. It's just that we're at a higher level, so it takes that elite.. What you would call an elite athlete. Cause again, we don't want to lead them into a path where there is no chance of success."

I like that Stig has the student's success in mind even when not offering someone a scholarship. It's a lot easier to dwell on the negative and tell someone they're not good enough instead of pointing them in a direction where they're most likely to succeed.

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
                  Pardon me, I meant Lyon County. NO PLURAL. HOW STUPID OF ME
                  Tried to post this last night. I should have included a smiley to indicate this posts intended was supposed to be in jest and light-hearted

Comment

Originally posted by slosho View Post
                    Tried to post this last night. I should have included a smiley to indicate this posts intended was supposed to be in jest and light-hearted
                    On a picky detail you can take the angry express in jest and being light-hearted. The anger was self directed not towards you slosho.
                    Last edited by Nidaros; 02-20-2014, 12:41 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
                      On a picky detail you can take the angry express in jest and being light-hearted. The anger was self directed not towards you slosho.
                      Oh, Ok. Wasn't Trying to be a jerk is all. I'm no better THAT'S FOR SURE!

Comment

It's easy to be taken the wrong way , but u are right , no Lyons in Iowa.

Comment

Originally posted by SlapJack View Post
                          jackmd - Could you give us a recap afterwards? Thanks in advance.
                          I was not able to attend due to work obligations. I spoke to some people that did. Great crowd, much larger than typical crowd, always the case when a Jackrabbit coach or admin speaks.

Stig was low key. Spoke about the Yankton recruits and what they mean to the program, especially their willingness to walk-on. Spoke about the need for more money for the stadium. At $19 million and need to get to $27-28 million. Did not sound optimistic about a 6th home game, limited options. Mentioned Sam Houston and McNeese are looking but don't want to come to Brookings. Said something about a possible east coast team that might be willing to travel.

Talked about the game at USD. Said games there in the past were rough, poorly run, definitely out-of-control. Thinks the current USD admin are doing a much better job of bringing respect back to the rivalry. Perhaps others that were there can add some more.
                          We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Working...
                          X