X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2015 Recruiting List

Originally posted by UWMandSDSU View Post
    New offer: Aaron Blackwell, DT from AZ
    @jason247scout: 1st offer for Peoria Az. Liberty DT Aaron Blackwell is from South Dakota State

https://rivals.yahoo.com/arizona/foo...ackwell-144325
    http://www.hudl.com/athlete/1711333/aaron-blackwell

He moved to defense just this year. Possibly why he hasn't seen more early offers.
    http://www.azcentral.com/story/sport...hool/70114884/
    Arizona recruiting video that briefly talks about Aaron Blackwell (4:35 mark). They think he will get a FBS offer before signing day.
    http://www.sports360az.com/2014/12/r...h-signing-day/

Comment

Originally posted by JACKGUYII View Post
      I get that. When they are on the roster are they going to list PWO behind their name? No. Why do it here.
      As I said: to keep track of the number of scholarships out for this class.
      If you think nobody cares about you, try missing a couple of payments.
      - Steven Wright

Comment

With that logic why don't we just list how much scholarship money each recruit is getting behind their name?

Comment

Week argument.
          weak argument

Comment

Kyle Ball, DE from Kansas accepts gray shirt offer from Kansas State. Had offer from the Jacks.
            https://footballrecruiting.rivals.co...sp&cid=1718092

Comment

With that logic why don't we just list how much scholarship money each recruit is getting behind their name?
              What doesn't make sense to you? We have a limited number of scholarships to give. If we just list a bunch of names, how do we know if we can still recruit more players? Your argument is really confusing. Are these players supposed to be offended because we are (correctly) designating how they are going to join our team? Should we never list a depth chart because being on the 2nd string might give the perception that someone is "less important" as you put it?
              Originally posted by JackFan96
              Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Originally posted by RabbitObsessed View Post
                What doesn't make sense to you? We have a limited number of scholarships to give. If we just list a bunch of names, how do we know if we can still recruit more players? Your argument is really confusing. Are these players supposed to be offended because we are (correctly) designating how they are going to join our team? Should we never list a depth chart because being on the 2nd string might give the perception that someone is "less important" as you put it?
                Okay, great since your tracking everything and it's so important that "PWO" are called out maybe you can share the following so we are all in the know and can track where we are at. How many scholarships do we have available in 2015? How much of a scholarship has each of our 13 verbals been extended?

Comment

There's nothing unflattering about being a PWO. PWOs obviously have talent. They are recruited hard, often earn schollies and often end up playing significant roles. I also tip my hat to other walk-ons. The Jacks owe a lot of their recent success to them.
                  This space for lease.

Comment

Okay, great since your tracking everything and it's so important that "PWO" are called out maybe you can share the following so we are all in the know and can track where we are at. How many scholarships do we have available in 2015? How much of a scholarship has each of our 13 verbals been extended?
                    Because then the PWO's would know there were scholarships available and were held back when they were offered a position on the team. Might cause them to harbor bad feelings maybe? Sports is a cut throat business if you ask me. But hey,they all do the same thing and one must remain competitive. Could be a reason.... Secrecy. Kind of negative reasoning, but plausible none the less.
                    Last edited by jackdaniel; 12-22-2014, 11:01 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by jackdaniel View Post
                      Because then the PWO's would know there were scholarships available and were held back when they were offered a position on the team. Might cause them to harbor bad feelings maybe? Sports is a cut throat business if you ask me. But hey,they all do the same thing and one must remain competitive. Could be a reason.... Secrecy. Kind of negative reasoning, but plausible none the less.
                      Coaches are pretty honest with the "walk-ons" and where they stand in the pecking order of available scholarship money. And every year we hear from SDSU that they are holding back money for a Cole Brodie type. So I don't think there is any secrecy going on.

Comment

Originally posted by UWMandSDSU View Post
                        Coaches are pretty honest with the "walk-ons" and where they stand in the pecking order of available scholarship money. And every year we hear from SDSU that they are holding back money for a Cole Brodie type. So I don't think there is any secrecy going on.
                        I think our coaching staff is beyond this kind of stuff too, I think they are pretty straight forward and honest, and really do try to get as many players on the team some kind of help financially. Just so much scholarship money available I guess.I'd hate to have to make those tough decisions. Some other programs might be a little deceitful though.

Coaches jobs are on the line to field a winning team, there's a lot of pressure there, and scholarships are for "athletic ability" so that requires evaluation and judgement.Sports is a business, not a charity, and seems cold at times to me, but then again I'm kind of over-sensitive, not a good businessman.
                        Last edited by jackdaniel; 12-22-2014, 11:38 PM.

Comment

"called out"

Comment

Originally posted by RabbitObsessed View Post
                            "called out"
                            Still waiting on your calculations since this is why we are doing a "roll call" on scholarship versus PWO.

Comment

Originally posted by jackdaniel View Post
                              They do fill their holes due to graduation pretty much with equal or better talent coming up.
                              How can you know with an 18-year-old?

Comment

Still waiting on your calculations since this is why we are doing a "roll call" on scholarship versus PWO.
                                We've offered 13 scholarships this year (that have been accepted). Someone here always keeps track of how many we have available. Take that number and subtract 13.

I'm still waiting for you to explain why the **** it matters that we accurately keep track of whether or not someone was offered a scholarship.

Comment

Working...
                                X