Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2015 Recruiting List

Originally posted by rabbits64 View Post
    How good is he? I haven't seen any video on him. Also I thought he committed somewhere else already?
    No he hasn't yet. He has an offer from Army. I think his goal is to go bigger, but talking to those around him he would choose SDSU over Army.
    Jackrabbits: Long ears, strong hind legs, gritty, relentless, fearless.

Comment

Originally posted by rabbits64 View Post
      How good is he? I haven't seen any video on him. Also I thought he committed somewhere else already?
      The first page of this thread has a list of committed/offered players as well as links to their highlight videos for many of them.

Here is Mikey's Hudl page that has videos of his junior year when he was playing for a prep school in Florida:

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/1335399/...ghts/105514375

While it would be nice to get Mikey, I won't be overly disappointed if he lands elsewhere. We already have Sam Zenner coming in at the running back for the 2015 class, so his position isn't one of need at this point in the process.
      If you think nobody cares about you, try missing a couple of payments.
      - Steven Wright

Comment

Landing both Taryn Christion and Chase Vinatieri from Roosevelt is huge. Those are two talented, in-state players. Getting Mikey Daniel would be cool, too.
        This space for lease.

Comment

I'm not sold on Mikey Daniel. I would rather have teammate. I can't remember his name, but I'm pretty sure he was #7-if there are any Bobcat fans reading, do you know his name? He was FAST and a tough kd to bring down. Very talented.
          One hand points to campus...the other to the liquor store.

Comment

Originally posted by ringthebells View Post
            I'm not sold on Mikey Daniel. I would rather have teammate. I can't remember his name, but I'm pretty sure he was #7-if there are any Bobcat fans reading, do you know his name? He was FAST and a tough kd to bring down. Very talented.
            Dayton(JC) Bird
            Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Agreed, not impressed with Mikey the 2nd time around. Daniels is invested when he knows hes going to get the ball, other than that he's lazy even when he's a decoy. On D he seldom gives it his all. I'd take sophomore Daniels over senior Daniels in a heartbeat. Oh sure he'll have an incredible highlight tape, but any FBS or FCS coach watching full game tape will see the lack of effort and sometimes the prima donna attitude he brings to the sideline. I hope for his sake something changes because all in all I think he's a good kid that has taken the accolades and let them go to his head. I hope things change and he has a very successful college career. Also he'll be a FB at the FCS or higher level, unless he gets faster he wont cut it at RB.

Bird is an all out guy, 110% every play, problem is his size. He's 5'7 150# at best. He's fearless on D and running patterns across the middle doesn't scare him. His best bet is to catch on with USF or Augie.

The Helsper kid is the one that should be getting the attention for SDSU this year. Next year out of Brookings there are 2 kids that warrant a strong look. Maxwell #28, RB and hybrid DB/LB, and Tetzlaff #44 LB. Those 2 play all out every play, and work very hard. Tetzlaff shouldn't need too much convincing as his Dad starred on the Dline in the late 80's early 90's.

Comment

Originally posted by Jackedforlife View Post
                Agreed, not impressed with Mikey the 2nd time around. Daniels is invested when he knows hes going to get the ball, other than that he's lazy even when he's a decoy. On D he seldom gives it his all. I'd take sophomore Daniels over senior Daniels in a heartbeat. Oh sure he'll have an incredible highlight tape, but any FBS or FCS coach watching full game tape will see the lack of effort and sometimes the prima donna attitude he brings to the sideline. I hope for his sake something changes because all in all I think he's a good kid that has taken the accolades and let them go to his head. I hope things change and he has a very successful college career. Also he'll be a FB at the FCS or higher level, unless he gets faster he wont cut it at RB.

Bird is an all out guy, 110% every play, problem is his size. He's 5'7 150# at best. He's fearless on D and running patterns across the middle doesn't scare him. His best bet is to catch on with USF or Augie.

The Helsper kid is the one that should be getting the attention for SDSU this year. Next year out of Brookings there are 2 kids that warrant a strong look. Maxwell #28, RB and hybrid DB/LB, and Tetzlaff #44 LB. Those 2 play all out every play, and work very hard. Tetzlaff shouldn't need too much convincing as his Dad starred on the Dline in the late 80's early 90's.
                I wonder if the announcement to return to a traditional fullback wasn't made in an effort to keep Mike Daniel in town. Just like telling Christion we would would tailor the offense to his skills if he came to Brookings.

Comment

I don't think SDSU has offered him anything. No doubt the Jackrabbits would give him a shot as a walk-on but I'm not hearing that an offer is eminent. My sources may be way off but they tell me the Jackrabbits have not been very interested. Time will tell.
                  We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
                    I don't think SDSU has offered him anything. No doubt the Jackrabbits would give him a shot as a walk-on but I'm not hearing that an offer is eminent. My sources may be way off but they tell me the Jackrabbits have not been very interested. Time will tell.
                    As a walk-on, I'm ok with that. As a scholarship player- he seems kind of slow. Maybe my eyes deceive me, but he didn't ever seem to break away from anyone. He broke tackles and seems like a strong kid, but he would get into the open field and get run down.
                    One hand points to campus...the other to the liquor store.

Comment

Young Zenner seems to be doing well also, over 800 yds rushing in 5 games as QB and 300+ yds passing. It'll be good to still see a Zenner listed on the roster for the next 5 years.

Comment

Living outside of Brookings and only seeing them once this Fall, I do believe Brookings has a nice team with some solid D-II talent (in my opinion). This includes Mikey D., Bird, Helsper, Tetzlaff, Maxwell, MicKibben. Perhaps a few of these would be potential walk-ons for us. I believe the only clear D-I player is Eddie Miller - sophomore lineman. He is 6'5" - approximately 240 and good looking athlete. He placed in the wrestling state tournament as a freshmen at 220 (I believe). I would offer him now.

Comment

Originally posted by Reality View Post
                          Living outside of Brookings and only seeing them once this Fall, I do believe Brookings has a nice team with some solid D-II talent (in my opinion). This includes Mikey D., Bird, Helsper, Tetzlaff, Maxwell, MicKibben. Perhaps a few of these would be potential walk-ons for us. I believe the only clear D-I player is Eddie Miller - sophomore lineman. He is 6'5" - approximately 240 and good looking athlete. He placed in the wrestling state tournament as a freshmen at 220 (I believe). I would offer him now.
                          It will be interesting to see what happens with Eddie. I believe his family has strong ties to USD and his sister is currently on the track team there. He has the size/frame to be a beast and he is pretty athletic.

I think recruiting a few of the current BHS players would be a good thing for SDSU - not only could they pay dividends on the field in some capacity (scholarship, walk-on, etc.) it will continue to strengthen the bond between the community and Jackrabbit Athletics. While that is already strong with certain factions, there are definitely folks that are big fans of sports and BHS sports who don't give a hoot about SDSU.
                          "I'd like to thank the good Lord for making me a Yankee." - Joe D.

Comment

Tweet from Jason Jewell ‏@jason247scout
                            Phoenix Az. Mountain Pointe OT Nick Carman has committed to Utah

Had offer from the Jacks.

Comment

Originally posted by UWMandSDSU View Post
                              Tweet from Jason Jewell ‏@jason247scout
                              Phoenix Az. Mountain Pointe OT Nick Carman has committed to Utah

Had offer from the Jacks.
                              Figured he was going bigger after I repeatedly checked his offer sheet. Can't fault a kid for playing in the PAC-12. That conference is on fire right now.
                              "All I know is what I read on the message boards."
                              "Oh, well, there's your problem, then."

Comment

Whats with the lack of any OL verbals? I know we have quite a few young lineman on the roster that are projected to have good careers, but this year more than any shows a team can never have too many quality lineman

Comment

Working...
                                X