Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2015 Recruiting List

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
    I notice time in 40 is very good 4.7. Who cares if he is PWO at NDSU, we need him at SDSU.
    When someone proves that NDSU offered a scholly to ZZ then these cross-school offer arguments will be worth noting

Comment

Tweet from Dan Jackson
      @Dan_Jackson5: The national/state record of @bigmike3287 has been broken! Could be special to have these guys next to each other on the OL! NebraskaJACKS

He is referring to Matt Clark who is also a wrestler that broke Mike Shoff's consecutive pin record. Looks like we may have inside track on him.

Comment

Seeing on the interwebs that Demaris Purifoy, RB from Wisonsin verballed to NDSU. Had offer from the Jacks.

Comment

Originally posted by UWMandSDSU View Post
          Seeing on the interwebs that Demaris Purifoy, RB from Wisonsin verballed to NDSU. Had offer from the Jacks.
          The next John Crockett?

Comment

I really hate the PWO designation on first page. They are a Jackrabbit and just because no initial scholarship dollars should not make them seem less important. I'm sure that's not the intent, but maybe perception.

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
              The next John Crockett?
              They do fill their holes due to graduation pretty much with equal or better talent coming up.

Comment

Originally posted by JACKGUYII View Post
                I really hate the PWO designation on first page. They are a Jackrabbit and just because no initial scholarship dollars should not make them seem less important. I'm sure that's not the intent, but maybe perception.
                The intent behind the PWO designation is to keep track of class/position scholarships. There are a limited number of scholarships and it's nice to know who is filling them and what positions we still need.

It shouldn't be taken as a slight, as anyone who knows college football realize PWO's rise up all the time and contribute more than some scholarship players in their class.

Just looking at Jensen's highlight video, and think it's a safe bet he'll contribute and earn some scholarship money down the line.
                If you think nobody cares about you, try missing a couple of payments.
                - Steven Wright

Comment

Originally posted by Kemo View Post
                  The intent behind the PWO designation is to keep track of class/position scholarships. There are a limited number of scholarships and it's nice to know who is filling them and what positions we still need.

It shouldn't be taken as a slight, as anyone who knows college football realize PWO's rise up all the time and contribute more than some scholarship players in their class.

Just looking at Jensen's highlight video, and think it's a safe bet he'll contribute and earn some scholarship money down the line.
                  I've got a special place in my heart for the PWO's. Back from my day, I can think of several really good players that were PWO's. I was one (not that I was particularly good), Cory Koenig was one, Parker Douglass was one, and I think Mitch Erickson only had $500 scholarship when he showed up. Basically, you never know what you're going to get.

That's one of the coolest things about Stig, once you get your foot in the door, you WILL get a fair chance to earn your spot. I had earned the #1 spot as a RsFR during spring ball and didn't even have a scholarship yet.

Comment

Originally posted by Danger41 View Post
                    I've got a special place in my heart for the PWO's. Back from my day, I can think of several really good players that were PWO's. I was one (not that I was particularly good), Cory Koenig was one, Parker Douglass was one, and I think Mitch Erickson only had $500 scholarship when he showed up. Basically, you never know what you're going to get.

That's one of the coolest things about Stig, once you get your foot in the door, you WILL get a fair chance to earn your spot. I had earned the #1 spot as a RsFR during spring ball and didn't even have a scholarship yet.
                    PWO's have every reason to work their asses off. They don't come in with the accolades and know they are gonna have to work for everything. That's not a bad thing.

Comment

Originally posted by MontanaRabbit View Post
                      PWO's have every reason to work their asses off. They don't come in with the accolades and know they are gonna have to work for everything. That's not a bad thing.
                      There was a point in time where I thought football should be on a PWO basis. Just have coach post a bulletin about the first day of practice somewhere centrally located. Just think of all the recruiting expenses that would not be part of the budget. In reality it does not work that way and that's why we have about 55 pages of comments on recruiting. I think John Galardi did something like this at St. Johns and it worked pretty good at the D3 level.

Comment

Originally posted by Danger41 View Post

Totally agree that many of our goodones from D-2 and now D-1 have been a walk on in some form. Huebert is one I think, and the other that seems he knew he could play at this level but wasnt give a scholly anywhere as far as i can recall but turned out pretty darn good is Will Castle.
                        "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
                          Totally agree that many of our goodones from D-2 and now D-1 have been a walk on in some form. Huebert is one I think, and the other that seems he knew he could play at this level but wasnt give a scholly anywhere as far as i can recall but turned out pretty darn good is Will Castle.
                          Wasn't Jason Schneider a PWO too?

Comment

Originally posted by MontanaRabbit View Post
                            Wasn't Jason Schneider a PWO too?
                            No, Schneider was a scholarship player. We've had a pretty successful walk-on program under Stig. Some guys in recent memory for me that played at a high level for us are Duffy, Hubert, McKnight, Suess and Castle. Guys right now that started as walk-ons and are significant contributors right now are Mengarelli, Gottlob, Goedert, Soulek, Louscher, Peitz, Schuster, Trenhaile, and Raymond. Also I'm not a 100% sure, but I think Kjerstad started as a pwo as well back in the day.

Comment

Originally posted by BigGoosie13 View Post
                              No, Schneider was a scholarship player. We've had a pretty successful walk-on program under Stig. Some guys in recent memory for me that played at a high level for us are Duffy, Hubert, McKnight, Suess and Castle. Guys right now that started as walk-ons and are significant contributors right now are Mengarelli, Gottlob, Goedert, Soulek, Louscher, Peitz, Schuster, Trenhaile, and Raymond. Also I'm not a 100% sure, but I think Kjerstad started as a pwo as well back in the day.
                              Yeah McKnight was the other one I couldnt think of.
                              "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by Kemo View Post

I get that. When they are on the roster are they going to list PWO behind their name? No. Why do it here.

Comment

Working...
                                X