X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2015 Recruiting List

Originally posted by UWMandSDSU View Post
    Via Stu Whitney ‏@stuwhitney
    Just learned Taryn Christion (@T_Time_3) has pared down his list (in no particular order): SDSU, NDSU, Eastern Michigan, Ohio, Wyoming.
    From his Rivals page, looks like the only schools he cut that had given him offers were UNI and USD. I'm willing to guess he's received a few others possibly.

Would be great to land him.
    "All I know is what I read on the message boards."
    "Oh, well, there's your problem, then."

Comment

Originally posted by KUlawJack View Post
      No doubt about it. With choices like he has, we may not. Interesting that Ohio is among the choices. Frank Solich the former UNL coach is still there I believe or did he retire. Checked Wiki and Solich is still there and turns 70 in September.

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
        No doubt about it. With choices like he has, we may not. Interesting that Ohio is among the choices. Frank Solich the former UNL coach is still there I believe or did he retire. Checked Wiki and Solich is still there and turns 70 in September.
        Solich is still there and he is the major reason why so many Nebraskans who don't get Husker offers go to Ohio. A couple of weeks ago we lost Brian Arp, a DT from Kearney, NE to Ohio.

Comment

Just looking at our list of offers and Kam'Ron Johnson just picked up an offer from Wisconsin. Might be hard to compete with that one.

Comment

Originally posted by KUlawJack View Post
            From his Rivals page, looks like the only schools he cut that had given him offers were UNI and USD. I'm willing to guess he's received a few others possibly.

Additional tweets from Stu.
            Stu Whitney ‏@stuwhitney
            Roosevelt QB Taryn Christion says Wyoming currently at bottom of list of five schools in running for his services. Might not visit Laramie.

Stu Whitney ‏@stuwhitney
            Christion on local FCS schools: "I never really felt it at USD. I felt I would be more comfortable at SDSU and had more interest from SDSU."

Comment

Originally posted by UWMandSDSU View Post
              Additional tweets from Stu.
              Stu Whitney ‏@stuwhitney
              Roosevelt QB Taryn Christion says Wyoming currently at bottom of list of five schools in running for his services. Might not visit Laramie.

Stu Whitney ‏@stuwhitney
              Christion on local FCS schools: "I never really felt it at USD. I felt I would be more comfortable at SDSU and had more interest from SDSU."
              I like all of that. I hope we don't lose out on him and I'm glad SDSU is after him.

I was hoping he would eliminate Eastern Michigan as well, since they are, for lack of a better word, horrendous. I think their best season since 2007 or something is like 6-6 with a 0-win season and the rest being 2 wins seasons or thereabouts. I just read an editorial from the end of last season and they averaged less than 4,000 people a game. That's not good when you're an FBS program.

Comment

DeBoer former USF and SIU staff is now at EMU so that has to be the connection to that offer

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
                  DeBoer former USF and SIU staff is now at EMU so that has to be the connection to that offer
                  Oh yeah, forgot about that.

Comment

Taryn Christion plays a future position of Jackrabbit need very well, and he apparently would fit in well with the team. I'd love to see him go to SDSU. The timing is right. The stars are lining up over the new practice facility and Dykhouse Stadium.
                    This space for lease.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacked_Up View Post
                      Taryn Christion plays a future position of Jackrabbit need very well, and he apparently would fit in well with the team. I'd love to see him go to SDSU. The timing is right. The stars are lining up over the new practice facility and Dykhouse Stadium.
                      http://www.argusleader.com/story/stu...sdsu/13105395/

Full article

Comment

Grant Branch IV (6'3" 270 lbs out of Montini High School, Lombard, IL) tweeted (retweet by TV):

Blessed to be offered by South Dakota State University. Thank you!
                        http://sports.yahoo.com/edgytim/foot...-Branch-156409

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/1587353/grant-branch-iv
                        If you think nobody cares about you, try missing a couple of payments.
                        - Steven Wright

Comment

@ElJefeIV: Blessed & excited to announce I have committed to North Dakota State University! #BisoNation http://t.co/SoqxVTCQnW

Jaxon Brown, safety from WI, verbals to NDSU. Had offer from the Jacks.

Comment

@JDarnell_43 So excited to announce that I have committed to North Dakota State University to further my education and football career #herd #gobison ����

Jack Darnell verbal to NDSU. Had offer from the Jacks.

Comment

@TerryVandrovec: Sam Steckman, a 6-3, 225-pound TE from Andover, Minn., said he has given a verbal commitment to SDSU. Same HS as Jacks WR Jason Schneider.

Sam Steckman TE verbals to the Jacks.
                              http://sports.yahoo.com/ncaa/footbal...teckman-164806
                              http://www.hudl.com/athlete/1845198/sam-steckman

Comment

Josh Corcoran verbals to Northern Illinois. Had offer from the Jacks.
                                https://rivals.yahoo.com/minnesota/f...VNUrluEbTUspB4

Comment

Working...
                                X