Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2015 Recruiting List

Originally posted by UWMandSDSU View Post
    @jason247scout: 2015 OT Jeremiah Szafranski from Glendale Az. CC was offered by South Dakota State today. He prepped at Shadow Mountain.

Another late offer, this one from a JUCO.

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/1581797/jeremiah-szafranski
    @jason247scout
    2015 OT Jeremiah Szafranski from Glendale Az CC has committed to South Dakota State. He prepped at Shadow Mountain

Comment

@jason247scout
      2015 OT Jeremiah Szafranski from Glendale Az CC has committed to South Dakota State. He prepped at Shadow Mountain
      This could be huge with the health of our current O-line, especially if Schoff remains injured.
      "Macy Miller could play for anybody in the country. She's an all-league guard in the SEC. And South Dakota State, there's no doubt they could play in our league. They wouldn't finish in the bottom half either." --Jimmy Dykes

Comment

Chase Vinatieri is running in the special 200m event at the Howard Wood Dakota Relays. He has ran 21.9 earlier this year and has top time going into the race. He was chosen to replace Taryn Christian after Taryn felt a twinge in his hamstring at a meet last weekend.

This is Chase's first year of running varsity track.

Comment

Chase Vinatieri is running in the special 200m event at the Howard Wood Dakota Relays. He has ran 21.9 earlier this year and has top time going into the race. He was chosen to replace Taryn Christian after Taryn felt a twinge in his hamstring at a meet last weekend.

This is Chase's first year of running varsity track.
          Looking like he is much more of an athlete than people have been giving him credit for.

Wonder what the chances of him ending up at a position different than kicker are...

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks-02 View Post
            Looking like he is much more of an athlete than people have been giving him credit for.

Wonder what the chances of him ending up at a position different than kicker are...
            I think because he is a kicker it's assumed he does not have other athletic qualities. I'm not so sure he can't get on the field as a receiver. One of the better athletes in the state.

Comment

Malik Rucker from Iowa is transferring from the program. He's originally from the Twin Cities. He had an SDSU offer at one time. Any scholarships left? No clue where he's looking.
              Disclaimer: This post may contain assumptions and/or opinions related to Jackrabbit Athletics.

Comment

Originally posted by SDSUAlum08 View Post
                Malik Rucker from Iowa is transferring from the program. He's originally from the Twin Cities. He had an SDSU offer at one time. Any scholarships left? No clue where he's looking.
                He had some big offers in 2013 ( Almost every B1G school and several B12 schools) He would be a great get. I don't there was any trouble, just behind 2 great corners that are both juniors at Iowa. He's a little light in the shorts for the B1G, but should hold his own in Brookings.

Comment

Also is there any interest in Phillip Nelson, the former Gophers QB? Not sure how I'd feel about him being on the team but that'd be up to Stig obviously. It'd be an interesting fit considering State needs a QB to step up and play this year.
                  Disclaimer: This post may contain assumptions and/or opinions related to Jackrabbit Athletics.

Comment

Also is there any interest in Phillip Nelson, the former Gophers QB? Not sure how I'd feel about him being on the team but that'd be up to Stig obviously. It'd be an interesting fit considering State needs a QB to step up and play this year.
                    Fortunately that is no longer a possibility as Nelson will be playing at South Alabama.

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
                      Fortunately that is no longer a possibility as Nelson will be playing at South Alabama.
                      According to this report South Alabama said he was not on the team. Or has things changed in last three days?
                      http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/ncaaf-...203849386.html

Comment

According to this report South Alabama said he was not on the team. Or has things changed in last three days?
                        http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/ncaaf-...203849386.html
                        I'm sure that is correct - I was going on a report on the Gopher board from about a week ago.

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
                          Better them than us. We got good candidates.

Comment

If he does play in this greater area, it will have to be at a lesser school or move to some distant school. I don't believe any school will pay much attention until the civil suit is settled. I could understand his retaliation up to the point where he kicked him in the head when unconscious. Hard to say if that was the alcohol or a character problem. I don't believe his skillset is such that the NFL has any interest now. Probably better off just to go to school and get a degree and play semi-pro somewhere if you want to continue with football. Too bad, he dominated the Big 9 in HS.
                            Google his name and you will get a days worth of reading.
                            Last edited by RochJack69; 05-11-2015, 09:33 AM. Reason: add sentence

Comment

Originally posted by RochJack69 View Post
                              If he does play in this greater area, it will have to be at a lesser school or move to some distant school. I don't believe any school will pay much attention until the civil suit is settled. I could understand his retaliation up to the point where he kicked him in the head when unconscious. Hard to say if that was the alcohol or a character problem. I don't believe his skillset is such that the NFL has any interest now. Probably better off just to go to school and get a degree and play semi-pro somewhere if you want to continue with football. Too bad, he dominated the Big 9 in HS.
                              Google his name and you will get a days worth of reading.
                              I agree - I can't imagine any program wanting him to be their decision-maker on the field and the "face of their franchise" off the field. Go somewhere and get your degree and get on with your life. And be extremely thankful that the other young man did not die or have even more severe brain damage , which it looked for a time that he might.

Comment

Update on SDSU recruit Sam Zenner's track season.

Yesterday ran a 10.55 100m (+3.5 m/s wind). Funny thing is he leaned at the wrong line since they flipped the direction of the race due to the wind and didn't clearly mark where the finish line was. He leaned at the 4x100 exchange zone with 10m to go. Anchored 4x100m to 41.76 and 4x200m to 1:27.43. I don't know if the Jacks can keep a guy with this kind of speed off the field. SDSU should feel very lucky Sam didn't run track last year, or he probably would have gotten some FCS looks with his blazing speed!!

Comment

Working...
                                X