Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2015 Recruiting List

Originally posted by UWMandSDSU View Post
    @TerryVandrovec: Sam Steckman, a 6-3, 225-pound TE from Andover, Minn., said he has given a verbal commitment to SDSU. Same HS as Jacks WR Jason Schneider.

Sam Steckman TE verbals to the Jacks.
    http://sports.yahoo.com/ncaa/footbal...teckman-164806
    http://www.hudl.com/athlete/1845198/sam-steckman
    Nice to see this class start to fill out. Hopefully Mr. Steckman turns out as good as our other Andover receiving product. Seems like a pretty good blocker from his highlight video.
    If you think nobody cares about you, try missing a couple of payments.
    - Steven Wright

Comment

Adam Buirge verbals to Northern Illinois. Had offer from the Jacks.
      http://247sports.com/Player/Adam-Buirge-35087

Comment

Bryan Carlton, DE verbals to NDSU. Had offer from the Jacks.

@BisoNation
        NDSU gets another verbal for the 2015 FB class from the state of MN. Welcome to BisoNation Bryan Carlton @BCarlton6 http://bisonation.info/de-bryan-carl...mn-2015-offer/

Comment

They're pummeling us lately. That's 4 or 5 that had offers from us that have verbaled to NDSU. No offense to shot 5533, but your prediction regarding recruiting in MN isn't looking so hot.
          "All I know is what I read on the message boards."
          "Oh, well, there's your problem, then."

Comment

Originally posted by KUlawJack View Post
            They're pummeling us lately. That's 4 or 5 that had offers from us that have verbaled to NDSU. No offense to shot 5533, but your prediction regarding recruiting in MN isn't looking so hot.
            We always have NW Iowa to fall back on. (I kid, I kid!)

Comment

Yah, it would be nice to win a few more head to head battles with them, but this is to be expected when they're coming off back-to-back-to-back National Championships. I like how we've done so far with this class regardless.

It's important to remember that recruiting battle against your rival doesn't always mean that player is going to be awesome. We've had some great players at SDSU who weren't offered by the Bison and the Bison have had some great players that weren't offered by the Jacks. Plus, there are some recruiting battles that, in retrospect, we're happy we lost ( I believe we had offered at least one of the Bison players who was involved in the Best Buy thievery).

I think we'll start winning more recruiting battles against the Bison once they aren't coming off a National Championship and we have the indoor practice facility done and the stadium construction started.
              - Steven Wright

Comment

@TerryVandrovec: Sam Steckman, a 6-3, 225-pound TE from Andover, Minn., said he has given a verbal commitment to SDSU. Same HS as Jacks WR Jason Schneider.

Sam Steckman TE verbals to the Jacks.
                http://sports.yahoo.com/ncaa/footbal...teckman-164806
                http://www.hudl.com/athlete/1845198/sam-steckman
                Steckman physically looks like a man amongst boys in those highlights.

Comment

Robbie Grimsley verbals to NDSU. Had offer from the Jacks.

Robbie Grimsley ‏@Grimsley5 19m
                  Excited to announce that I committed to play football for North Dakota State University! #Bison #CodeGreen

Comment

Robbie Grimsley verbals to NDSU. Had offer from the Jacks.

Robbie Grimsley ‏@Grimsley5 19m
                    Excited to announce that I committed to play football for North Dakota State University! #Bison #CodeGreen

GD.

Comment

Bryan beck big OL from Wisconsin tweets he got SDSU offer. He is on my short list of players I expect to get NDSU offer at some point. Would be a great get for either school

Comment

Originally posted by samsrams View Post
                        Bryan beck big OL from Wisconsin tweets he got SDSU offer. He is on my short list of players I expect to get NDSU offer at some point. Would be a great get for either school
                        http://www.hudl.com/athlete/2209677/...ghts/125822388
                        http://sports.yahoo.com/ncaa/footbal...an-Beck-164705

Comment

Originally posted by Kemo View Post
                          Yah, it would be nice to win a few more head to head battles with them, but this is to be expected when they're coming off back-to-back-to-back National Championships. I like how we've done so far with this class regardless.

It's important to remember that recruiting battle against your rival doesn't always mean that player is going to be awesome. We've had some great players at SDSU who weren't offered by the Bison and the Bison have had some great players that weren't offered by the Jacks. Plus, there are some recruiting battles that, in retrospect, we're happy we lost ( I believe we had offered at least one of the Bison players who was involved in the Best Buy thievery).

I think we'll start winning more recruiting battles against the Bison once they aren't coming off a National Championship and we have the indoor practice facility done and the stadium construction started.
                          Much truth expressed in this post. Can't give rep pts. got to spread them around. I don't know if any one on this board played with Ted Wahl, but I don't know if the Bison or UND offered anything to him, and Ted worked out great for SDSU, in fact one of the best during the Haensel era. Years ago, but a prime example of what Kemo was speaking.

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
                            Much truth expressed in this post. Can't give rep pts. got to spread them around. I don't know if any one on this board played with Ted Wahl, but I don't know if the Bison or UND offered anything to him, and Ted worked out great for SDSU, in fact one of the best during the Haensel era. Years ago, but a prime example of what Kemo was speaking.
                            I see Kemo's point as well regarding the difficulty in projecting whether a player will pan out. However, we offered these kids because we wanted them. NDSU beat us head to head for them. 5 of them now, I believe. That is not a good feeling.

Comment

I see Kemo's point as well regarding the difficulty in projecting whether a player will pan out. However, we offered these kids because we wanted them. NDSU beat us head to head for them. 5 of them now, I believe. That is not a good feeling.
                              I hope I didn't sound too hippie-dippie in my previous post. I do want us to win more head-to-head recruiting battles against the Bison (and Minnesota and Iowa ) and it is because, as you said, we wanted these kids too. I just feel it's important to keep an even temperament when following recruitment. Too many times I was really high on a player and they didn't pan out, and other players I thought were a reach turned out to be pretty darn good.

Also, there is so much information even people who follow recruiting don't know about in terms of individual player recruitment (i.e. was scholarship money even between offers? Was the scholarship offer still active or did another recruit's commit take it off the table). In terms of the latter (and I stress I have no inside knowledge of the situation), the Bison just got 2 recruits that had a SDSU offer that look to project as defensive tackles, but the Jacks already had 2 DT commits in this class before these players committed. Were their SDSU offers still standing? Were their offers still active but SDSU shifted attention to other players at need positions? How did the players the Jacks did get grade out against the players they didn't in the eyes of the coaching staff? Maybe the Jacks were never really in contentions for the Bison commits, so the coaching staff left the offers standing and used their resources on players they felt they could land? I don't know the answers to these questions, but most people don't know either.
                              - Steven Wright

Comment

Maybe we fooled them on a few and they took the bait and signed them.

As pointed out by KEMO, too many factors for fans to judge. So, I don't worry about the recruiting process because I have insufficient information to evaluate it. I won't even hazard a guess about NW Iowa.

Comment

Working...
                                X