2015 Recruiting List

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2015 Recruiting List

@TheTone75: Happy to say that I will be furthering my education and football career at South Dakota State!!�� #GoJacks http://t.co/Gapi0WpcIS

Anthony Thene, OL from Sartell, MN http://www.hudl.com/athlete/1727831/anthony-thene
    Big Boy, 6'4'' 315.

Comment

Originally posted by NWHSUandSDSU View Post
      @TerryVandrovec: Austin Smenda, a 6-3, 211-pound DE/OLB from Fleming Island High in Orange Park, Fla., said he has given a verbal to @GoJacksFB.
      Austin Smenda's highlights:

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/2603552/austin-smenda
      If you think nobody cares about you, try missing a couple of payments.
      - Steven Wright

Comment

Originally posted by Kemo View Post
        Holy ****. I realize it's a highlight tape but this is pretty great. Wow.
        Jackrabbits: Long ears, strong hind legs, gritty, relentless, fearless.

Comment

We've added a ton of linebackers this recruiting cycle. (Actually only 1,228 lbs. of linebackers and another potential 646 lbs. if the FB recruits end up a that position.) I really expect to get at least two of these to have a big impact as linebackers in their SDSU career. The rest will either make their impact elsewhere on the team or obviously many will eventually leave for various reasons. The nice thing is that there is so much flexibility with players who end up in the 6'2" 215-260 lb. frame. These are classic football bodies and we've taken nine of them so far in this recruiting cycle. You can't have enough depth, and I like the depth we are developing.

Comment

My background is Ag Engineering, but my math on our recruiting numbers does not appear to match up. 23 verbal's with potential scholarship offers and 5 verbal's (Mickey Daniel is PWO next fall, but likely to receive scholly next spring.)

Are we expecting more players to leave? Do we have more scholarships available than I thought we had? How many of these are PWO's that we have listed wrong?

Comment

Originally posted by GopherHole View Post
              My background is Ag Engineering, but my math on our recruiting numbers does not appear to match up. 23 verbal's with potential scholarship offers and 5 verbal's (Mickey Daniel is PWO next fall, but likely to receive scholly next spring.)

Are we expecting more players to leave? Do we have more scholarships available than I thought we had? How many of these are PWO's that we have listed wrong?
              Think there are a few on the list that are PWOs and three scholarship players left at semester break (CB Freeman Simmons, WR Connor Orgil, FB AJ Westrude).

Comment

I'd like to see a natural d-lineman added to the list, but this looks like a studly class!
                This space for lease.

Comment

Originally posted by GopherHole View Post

I think just because they are listed as offered a scholarship doesn't mean they are full rides. I'm guessing there is a combination of quarter, half, three quarter and full scholarships offered which will equal up to the total available

Comment

This kids plays bigger than 6'3 211. Love his J Randle like motor. Nice pickup!!!

Comment

According to Terry V. we are all but done w/ verbals. (20 scholarship and 8 PWOs). Still unsure of the Chicago area recruit that Clint Brown tweeted out?
                      http://www.argusleader.com/story/ter...imer/22464947/

Comment

Originally posted by UWMandSDSU View Post
                        According to Terry V. we are all but done w/ verbals. (20 scholarship and 8 PWOs). Still unsure of the Chicago area recruit that Clint Brown tweeted out?
                        http://www.argusleader.com/story/ter...imer/22464947/
                        I know, that one has been bothering me since we've (see you) tracked these. I guess we'll find out next Wednesday if we have a guy from Chicago area or not.
                        "All I know is what I read on the message boards."
                        "Oh, well, there's your problem, then."

Comment

Originally posted by jumpinjackrabbit View Post
                          This kids plays bigger than 6'3 211. Love his J Randle like motor. Nice pickup!!!
                          When you say "J Randle" to whom are you referring? Just curious.
                          "All I know is what I read on the message boards."
                          "Oh, well, there's your problem, then."

Comment

Originally posted by KUlawJack View Post
                            I'm assuming John Randle, former DL for the Vikings.

Comment

Originally posted by KUlawJack View Post
                              I'm guessing John Randle , NFL Hall of Famer and former Viking.

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
                                I'm guessing John Randle , NFL Hall of Famer and former Viking.
                                Gee he has eligibility left?

Comment

Working...
                                X