2014 Jacks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2014 Jacks

Young Jacks' softball team has started 1-4 but has played every game tough so far, including two close ones to Iowa State. Lost a game today they should have won.

Re: 2014 Jacks

Jacks women have won four straight and are now 5-8 for the season. Go Jacks!

Comment

Is there any hope for this team? Next year? Two years? I think I'll stop teasing the Bison about their women's basketball team!

Standings as of 4/28/14 courtesy of the Summit League official site:

TEAM - Conf Overall
      NDSU 10-3; 27-15
      Fort Wayne 10-4; 33-13
      USD 9-5; 28-17;
      Omaha 9-6; 30-16;
      IUPUI 7-7; 20-19
      Western Illinois 4-10; 18-23-1
      SDSU 2-16; 9-32

Comment

Anyone have some ideas on what can be done to support Interim Coach Hupp and the team? I haven't heard anything about recruiting. I have heard good things about Coach Hupp.

Comment

Split at UND.

http://www.gojacks.com/ViewArticle.d...CLID=209485666

Comment

Originally posted by JackJD View Post
            Anyone have some ideas on what can be done to support Interim Coach Hupp and the team? I haven't heard anything about recruiting. I have heard good things about Coach Hupp.

From an outsider's opinion, there seems to be very little support from the administration regarding softball. Probably just how it's going to be considering it's an outdoor sport in SD. It's definitely been a black eye for the athletic department, in my opinion. The team hasn't had much success since Bouman left, but that's obviously an entirely different subject.

The indoor practice facility will help. So will a coach. An interim coach can't recruit.
            Disclaimer: This post may contain assumptions and/or opinions related to Jackrabbit Athletics.

Comment

... very little support...? $455,000 in FY 2013 per the BOR report.. We consistently have out spent the yotes in the past 8 years although they have caught up a bit lately. Just need to have some stability and catch a break on recruiting.
              I believe the administration is, and will be, strongly behind every Jack team we put out there to represent us!

Comment

Originally posted by Roy View Post
                ... very little support...? $455,000 in FY 2013 per the BOR report.. We consistently have out spent the yotes in the past 8 years although they have caught up a bit lately. Just need to have some stability and catch a break on recruiting.
                I believe the administration is, and will be, strongly behind every Jack team we put out there to represent us!
                I didn't have the numbers, but it seemed like with all the coaching changes softball wasn't much of a priority. That's why I said outsiders opinion.

Hopefully the new coach can turn it around.
                Disclaimer: This post may contain assumptions and/or opinions related to Jackrabbit Athletics.

Comment

Originally posted by SDSUAlum08 View Post
                  I didn't have the numbers, but it seemed like with all the coaching changes softball wasn't much of a priority. That's why I said outsiders opinion. Hopefully the new coach can turn it around.
                  A coach who didn't deliver, followed by a coach who started to rebuild, but left (because of family ties) in her 2nd year, and too late to get a coach...thus the need for the interim coach...all leads up to a tough situation. The search for a coach has begun, and I second Roy's comments that this administration is fully committed to both softball and baseball, regardless of whether they are spring sports. I will agree with you in hoping a new coach will help get softball on the road back.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks#1Fan View Post
                    A coach who didn't deliver, followed by a coach who started to rebuild, but left (because of family ties) in her 2nd year, and too late to get a coach...thus the need for the interim coach...all leads up to a tough situation. The search for a coach has begun, and I second Roy's comments that this administration is fully committed to both softball and baseball, regardless of whether they are spring sports. I will agree with you in hoping a new coach will help get softball on the road back.
                    When I was playing this past year I was really excited about college and really looking forward to playing softball, preferably at State. However, the unstable coaching situation really did make me think.
                    Great moments are born from great opportunities.
                    ---Herb Brooks

Comment

Originally posted by Madi V:)Mitchell View Post
                      When I was playing this past year I was really excited about college and really looking forward to playing softball, preferably at State. However, the unstable coaching situation really did make me think.

So softball and golf are both a no then?
                      "Tell the truth and pay your bills and you don't have to back down from anyone"--My Dad

Comment

Originally posted by jacks1 View Post
                        So softball and golf are both a no then?
                        I would tend to believe that. No Madi at SDSU.

Comment

Jacks lead W. Illinois 3-0 in the 1st after back-to-back-to-back homers to start the game. Huh? What?
                          "Tell the truth and pay your bills and you don't have to back down from anyone"--My Dad

Comment

And now Western leads 9-3. Another grease fire of a season coming to a close...

Comment

Jacks with their 4th solo shot of the day...trail 10-4. At least they're going out with a bang...

Comment

Working...
                              X