2014 Season Tickets and schedule

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 2014 Season Tickets and schedule

Hopefully they price this game accordingly. If they want to raise prices for Hobo Day, NDSU, and USD, then they can bite the bullet and decrease the price to get butts in the seats. I could see keeping it the same if we were playing Wisconsin-Whitewater or Mount Union, but not for any other D-III team. If we are going to play lower teams, why not try some local teams like close NSIC teams or even Dakota State. Maybe this is an attempt to expand more recruiting in to Wisconsin.

Comment

Originally posted by TK22867 View Post
      A D3 opponent who went 8-2 last year. There is no good that can come from having this game on the schedule, other than additional $ from us season ticket holders.

Nothing but a money grab by our administration. I'm all for capitalism, but this just feels like us season ticket holders are getting bent over some barbed wire fence.
      I agree.

And its Beef Bowl. A Beef Bowl game against a D3???? Complete joke, IMO.

I have lost a lot of confidence in the athletic department in recent months.
      “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

Originally posted by Evolution Prime View Post
        Hopefully they price this game accordingly. If they want to raise prices for Hobo Day, NDSU, and USD, then they can bite the bullet and decrease the price to get butts in the seats. I could see keeping it the same if we were playing Wisconsin-Whitewater or Mount Union, but not for any other D-III team. If we are going to play lower teams, why not try some local teams like close NSIC teams or even Dakota State. Maybe this is an attempt to expand more recruiting in to Wisconsin.
        NSIC schools don't have any OOC games. They are fillled up w/ their conference games (16 teams in a conference).

Comment

Originally posted by UWMandSDSU View Post
          NSIC schools don't have any OOC games. They are fillled up w/ their conference games (16 teams in a conference).
          I forget that it is such a huge conference.

Comment

Puke.

I have a wedding that day so I guess I won't be missing a good team coming into CAS.

I've made my feelings known about our football scheduling before. Just when I think they start to turn a corner...
            "All I know is what I read on the message boards."
            "Oh, well, there's your problem, then."

Comment

Originally posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
              Well, to say this is disappointing would be an enormous understatement. That being said, it was obviously impossible to get a decent (DI) team to come here. There has been a lot of talk in the past about creating to tough of an OOC schedule. Guess that's not a problem this year.
              That, or the administrator in charge of our football schedule dropped the ball.

A DIII team? Really?
              "All I know is what I read on the message boards."
              "Oh, well, there's your problem, then."

Comment

You need to buy an Oshkosh ticket to get a USD ticket? Is that true?
                "Tell the truth and pay your bills and you don't have to back down from anyone"--My Dad

Comment

Originally posted by KUlawJack View Post
                  That, or the administrator in charge of our football schedule dropped the ball.

A DIII team? Really?
                  I'm trying to give them the benefit of the doubt here. Play along!
                  "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

Disappointing for fans to say the least. I'd like to hear the players and coaches opinions about it before I completely disparage admin for scheduling what seems to be a completely worthless game. I am not inclined to attend but could be convinced to change my mind. Will need to entice me with something more than a D3 team.
                    We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
                      Disappointing for fans to say the least. I'd like to hear the players and coaches opinions about it before I completely disparage admin for scheduling what seems to be a completely worthless game. I am not inclined to attend but could be convinced to change my mind. Will need to entice me with something more than a D3 team.
                      "“We are excited to be able to secure a 12th game for our football program,” SDSU head coach John Stiegelmeier said. “ I know our seniors look forward to the additional game, and we are all appreciative of our administration for being persistent through the scheduling process.”

http://www.gojacks.com/ViewArticle.d...CLID=209475033

That was his outside reaction, anyhow. Inside he HAS to be disappointed.

I bet the 2nd and 3rd stringers are REALLY looking forward to the game.

"Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

Wow, from ticket prices to scheduling a lot of negativity on this site.

Comment

Originally posted by hareball View Post
                          OshKosh my gosh
                          This is the first thing I thought of....

Comment

At least there will be a sixth home game and no two-week gap in the early part of the schedule. Until the program grows to the point that it can afford to pay bigger-name schools for a home game, this kind of issue is bound to linger. One solution might be to get enough teams in the Mo Valley to allow each member to host an additional conference game each year. In the meantime, I don't see harm in scheduling one possibly easy game per season for tune-up purposes. Other teams in the conference do it.
                            This space for lease.

Comment

would have been nice for it to be a counter. was hoping to get someone from butlers confrence to come in for a game that would be worthwhile. its good to have a home game, but its not an ideal team or game. Not sure bringing this game in would fly in the new stadium, but in the new stadium its almost has to be 6 games no matter what. the extra reveune and fan interest it has to happen. butler last year was a decent addition, this not so much. If that is the best we can do, sort of makes me rethink the need to have a BCS payday game every year. playing a home and home with mcneese state and cay poly would do better for our records and make scheduling easier, so as great as it is to go to Mizzu, or Illinois, I think every couple years try to play Minn, Iowa, It st, or Neb and the years we dont get some decent home and home games that are more winnable and help the record for playoff seedings etc then a most likely loss to a BCS program. I know the money is nice from the pay games, but getting a good program in a new stadium has to offset some of the need for that payday game, which I would think makes scheduling harder to do.
                              "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacked_Up View Post
                                At least there will be a sixth home game and no two-week gap in the early part of the schedule. Until the program grows to the point that it can afford to pay bigger-name schools for a home game, this kind of issue is bound to linger. One solution might be to get enough teams in the Mo Valley to allow each member to host an additional conference game each year. In the meantime, I don't see harm in scheduling one possibly easy game per season for tune-up purposes. Other teams in the conference do it.
                                If I do recall correctly, we did send a one-and-done contract to Portland State, but they ended up turning it down. I would assume we offered PSU in the a 180,000-200,000 range which might not have been enough considering they need to become self sustaining.

Comment

Working...
                                X