Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Back Yard Grill BBQ opens in Sioux Falls

Default Re: Back Yard Grill BBQ opens in Sioux Falls

Quote Originally Posted by wcrabbit View Post
    I will have to try it as well. Cubby's wasn't there when I was in Brookings (been to it quite a few times since & is very good) but it was always tough to beat Nick's & then George's after last call. We also lived pretty close to the 7-11 my Jr year, amazing how good 3 hot dogs for a $1 tastes early in the morning.
    Probably also amazing whatever they stuff into a 33-cent hot dog.

Had ribs and tried the pulled pork. Ribs were fantastic, just great. Pulled pork was just okay, could use more smoke. I'm going to try the brisket the next time I go. Smoked brisket is hard to do, so I'll be impressed if Backyard Grill can do it well.
    "All I know is what I read on the message boards."
    "Oh, well, there's your problem, then."

Their ribs, whether in Brookings or Sioux Falls, are hard to beat. Also, their french fries are dynamite - they use a sweet and salty seasoning that is very unique. I'm a big fan and struggle with going there multiple times a week!

Went again yesterday for ribs and they were excellent. Texas chili as a side was just okay, but I now agree about the fries as my friend got those. Very different and tasty. It will be tough not to go there every week.
    The Zen philosopher Basha once wrote, 'A flute with no holes, is not a flute. A donut with no hole, is a Danish.'

A few months ago I got addicted to BYG in Brookings...went at least once, sometimes twice a week for a month or two. Now I've cut that back to once every 3 or 4 weeks...pocketbook was getting thin and belly was getting thick!
    Filbert - Also, it should be established by now that, along with my well-documented and ill-founded hatred of IPFW, I am also (apparently) somewhat moody in my general approach to the board. Can't do much about it. Tastes like chicken.

Rowdyrabbit - Do you mind if I use the quote above? It really made me giggle.

Filbert - Giggling is girly (NTTAWWT). I was going for the chortle.

Pro-tip: If you get the fries, dunk them in the golden mustard. I don't know where they get their mustard from or if they make it or whatever. But that stuff is amazing. I would bathe in it if I could. Even if you don't like mustard (I really don't), it's incredible.
    Quote Originally Posted by witness View Post
    Btw, your insight sucks

I've almost gotten the fries a couple times, but can't ever part with the potato salad and beans...sometime I'll just have to get them in addition to the rest.
    Filbert - Also, it should be established by now that, along with my well-documented and ill-founded hatred of IPFW, I am also (apparently) somewhat moody in my general approach to the board. Can't do much about it. Tastes like chicken.

Rowdyrabbit - Do you mind if I use the quote above? It really made me giggle.

Filbert - Giggling is girly (NTTAWWT). I was going for the chortle.

The important question is, do they have beer there?

The more important question is, how is the potato salad?

no beer