Official Signing Day Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Official Signing Day Thread

It appears that we are done as TV has recently tweeted with 19 LOI's and 9 PWO's.

However, Nettelton still has not signed with Cal according to their twitter blog. Cal has had 11 faxed letters or early enrollees from their 20 projected new Bears. They've had 2 flips thus far, one in and one out. I'm still hoping we can get him.

Comment

Originally posted by GopherHole View Post
      It appears that we are done as TV has recently tweeted with 19 LOI's and 9 PWO's.

However, Nettelton still has not signed with Cal according to their twitter blog. Cal has had 11 faxed letters or early enrollees from their 20 projected new Bears. They've had 2 flips thus far, one in and one out. I'm still hoping we can get him.
      From what I read online from a few different Cal recruiting sites, they had a 4-star Safety switch from Cal to Penn State a few weeks ago and Cal didn't have much depth in DBs. So this is probably why Nettleton was contacted by Cal at the last minute. Cal was also having a hard time getting CBs & Safeties to commit because they hadn't hired a secondary coach until recently.

Comment

SDSU football getting a shout out from ESPN reporter Pedro Gomez via twitter. Evidently his son/family are good friends w/ last year's AZ recruit and current FB player Nick Farina.

Pedro and SDSUFootball twitter accounts have been going back and forth w/ each other about AZ recruits and SDSU Football.

*Bison has ESPN Gameday, we get Pedro Gomez.

Comment

TV's twitter said about Banasiak signing with us over the BCS schools "file it under off field issues".

I am glad to see him sign and can think of few better to help this young man out. Stig is an excellent influence, Banasiak's twitter has comments of getting out and making a new life for himself. Welcome Christian, we look forward to having you.

There is info out there, I for one feel it does not belong here and strongly encourage everyone else to keep it off. This is not the place for it. He is a Jackrabbit, I trust Stig and the coaching staff. I proudly welcome him to the family.

Comment

I think I understand the "Cole Brodie Rule" but correct me if I'm mistaken. Basically we're holding 1(at least) schollie in case someone falls through the cracks or a JUCO shows up last minute.

Comment

So do we still have an available scholarship available if another recruit falls? From what I gather, Nettleton still has not signed with anyone. Cal has reported signing 20 players and he is not on their list of 20 recruits.

Comment

Originally posted by GopherHole View Post
                So do we still have an available scholarship available if another recruit falls? From what I gather, Nettleton still has not signed with anyone. Cal has reported signing 20 players and he is not on their list of 20 recruits.
                Yes, Terry V. talked w/ Stig and said we have some money available. Tracking Cal recruiting, they have 20 signed recruits, but it was reported they offered somebody today. I wasn't able to read the article because it was "pay to read" recruiting site.

Tweet from: Ryan Gorcey ‏@RGBearTerritory
                A new offer … in the middle of #SigningDay? You betcha, #Cal fans, and our @BrandonHuffman has the scoop: http://mbd.scout.com/mb.aspx?s=166&f=1420&t=12661305

Comment

Originally posted by Jackedforlife View Post
                  TV's twitter said about Banasiak signing with us over the BCS schools "file it under off field issues".

I am glad to see him sign and can think of few better to help this young man out. Stig is an excellent influence, Banasiak's twitter has comments of getting out and making a new life for himself. Welcome Christian, we look forward to having you.

There is info out there, I for one feel it does not belong here and strongly encourage everyone else to keep it off. This is not the place for it. He is a Jackrabbit, I trust Stig and the coaching staff. I proudly welcome him to the family.
                  O.M.G. Nothing to see here folks. Move along. I feel like tipping over again.

Comment

Originally posted by TK22867 View Post
                    O.M.G. Nothing to see here folks. Move along. I feel like tipping over again.
                    Tip away, I have no issues with that.

Comment

Originally posted by UWMandSDSU View Post
                      Yes, Terry V. talked w/ Stig and said we have some money available. Tracking Cal recruiting, they have 20 signed recruits, but it was reported they offered somebody today. I wasn't able to read the article because it was "pay to read" recruiting site.

Tweet from: Ryan Gorcey ‏@RGBearTerritory
                      A new offer … in the middle of #SigningDay? You betcha, #Cal fans, and our @BrandonHuffman has the scoop: http://mbd.scout.com/mb.aspx?s=166&f=1420&t=12661305
                      Cals 21 man class is complete and Nettleton is not one of them.

Ryan Gorcey ‏@RGBearTerritory · 1h
                      "… and that's the game! With @UltimateEmesibe's (Kennedy Emesibe) LOI in, that completes the 21-man signing class, barring any unforeseen surprises."

Comment

Maybe a chance yet?

Comment

Unless he is hoping for a cole brodie type chance that someone else will find him and get a steal. Hopefully he realizes his destiny and signs for the jacks.........
                          "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Here is another name that just came through, Emmanuel Ehrich, a LB from Maple Grove, MN.....https://twitter.com/SDSUFootball/sta...69947570405376

Here is his tweet from last night...https://twitter.com/E_Ehrich20/statu...83849740894208

Not much out there about him so I don't if he is a scholarship player or a PWO so I will wait until later tonight to update his name on the list, assuming TV will give us an update.

Here is a preseason article about the Maple Grove Defense...http://pressnews.com/2013/08/22/vete...football-team/

Comment

According to go jacks.com Ehrich is a PWO.

Comment

Originally posted by sdsu_drake View Post
                                According to go jacks.com Ehrich is a PWO.
                                Thank you, updated.

Comment

Working...
                                X