Official Signing Day Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Official Signing Day Thread

Anyone on the board going to Cubby's at 5:30? Sounds like football and soccer had great days! Share if you would. Thank you. Go Jacks!!

Comment

Just a couple of thoughts.

1. We won't know anything about this class for years (and I know you all know that) but sometimes it doesn't work out for whatever reason. Injuries could happen, player doesn't like the program, or a player could get stuck behind a multi year starter like Sumner and prefer to transfer somewhere else to get playing time (Kline and Meyer).
      2. That being said...it certainly seems like the Jackrabbits are getting higher level recruits than ever before. Just a couple years ago it seemed like a big deal if there were 2 or 3 two star recruits. This class has 2 3 star recruits, and several 2 star. Now, what does that mean...well, technically nothing... the number of stars a recruit gets certainly doesn't ensure success at the next level. But I like to think we could agree that it is nice to see the program getting more highly regarded recruits rather than going the other direction.
      3. Welcome to SDSU all you future(and current) Jackrabbits! I hope you find it an excellent place to gain a quality education, and gives you a chance to showcase your talents on the football field. South Dakota State is a special program and we (the fans) are glad to have you on board! Go Jacks!

Comment

Originally posted by Jackedforlife View Post
        Tip away, I have no issues with that.
        This is copied and pasted directly from this morning's Argus Leader:

"Jacks coaches said that the 6-3, 230-pound Banasiak was cleared of a theft-related incident and that they vetted him more thoroughly than usual in advance of a campus visit over the weekend."

There is no reason that we as fans and boosters should not be able to discuss documented off the field incidents of our potential recruits on this forum. There is a difference between posting unsubstantiated rumors about a recruit or player versus discussing documented, known incidents.

Why do I think that is important? I contribute financially to the athletic programs at SDSU. IMO, that gives me the right to know what kind of character guys our coaches are recruiting as it has a direct impact on how my alma-mater is viewed. I want to know if we start recruiting serial killers.

With that said, I am OK with this signing. He is another young man that has hopefully learned his lesson, just like Cody. Coach Stig is the perfect coach for this type of situation.

Comment

Originally posted by TK22867 View Post

"Jacks coaches said that the 6-3, 230-pound Banasiak was cleared of a theft-related incident and that they vetted him more thoroughly than usual in advance of a campus visit over the weekend."

There is no reason that we as fans and boosters should not be able to discuss documented off the field incidents of our potential recruits on this forum. There is a difference between posting unsubstantiated rumors about a recruit or player versus discussing documented, known incidents.

Why do I think that is important? I contribute financially to the athletic programs at SDSU. IMO, that gives me the right to know what kind of character guys our coaches are recruiting as it has a direct impact on how my alma-mater is viewed. I want to know if we start recruiting serial killers.

With that said, I am OK with this signing. He is another young man that has hopefully learned his lesson, just like Cody. Coach Stig is the perfect coach for this type of situation.
          Agreed.

Let's give him a chance. If he messes up I have no doubts Stig will deal with him appropriately.

Comment

There was this guy named Robertson or was it Robinson who played tailback for the Jacks. He was caught with a kilo of substance, a felony, not sure which kind, but before he made his residence in Granite City, he was seen at practice with Stig. I know Stig caught a lot of flack for this allowance, so yes he does believe in redemption and second chances. Even before one has to serve time for a crime. Stig is a great guy btw.

I am curious too, about the off field incident involving recruit Banasaik. I also contirbute just a little bit maybe, but I do contibute.

Comment

I agree. To post that there is something "out there" on a recruit and then say that it shouldn't be brought up only leads most of us to imagine the worst , when in this case it seems to have been resolved without any ramifications.

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
                cole brodie rule
                Can someone enlighten me regarding this "rule"? I apologize for my ignorance.

Comment

Originally posted by SlapJack View Post
                  Can someone enlighten me regarding this "rule"? I apologize for my ignorance.
                  We hold a scholarship in case some player that should be playing FBS/BCS falls through the cracks and we can scoop him up.
                  "All I know is what I read on the message boards."
                  "Oh, well, there's your problem, then."

Comment

[QUOTE=KUlawJack;246702]We hold a scholarship in case some player that should be playing FBS/BCS falls through the cracks and we can scoop him up.[/QUOTE

Anyone know if Cole Brodie knows about the Cole Brodie rule?

Comment

[QUOTE=Hip2daHop;246881]
                      Originally posted by KUlawJack View Post
                      We hold a scholarship in case some player that should be playing FBS/BCS falls through the cracks and we can scoop him up.[/QUOTE

Anyone know if Cole Brodie knows about the Cole Brodie rule?
                      Nah, he is back in Georgia chewing crackers and not missing the SD winters.

Comment

[QUOTE=Nidaros;246882]
                        Originally posted by Hip2daHop View Post
                        Nah, he is back in Georgia chewing crackers and not missing the SD winters.
                        Saw some recent twitter from Cole- specifically about not signing first day-that SDSU was great choice

Comment

Vimeo now has a the 2014 Recruit Highlight video up....http://vimeo.com/86069345

Comment

I was really impressed with Chris Little in that video. It's a big plus for the Jacks that Craig Bohl is no longer coaching in Fargo , but a second plus is having Little cut loose from his commitment to Wyoming after Bohl got there.

Comment

Working...
                            X