Zenner, Kilgore, and more make the 2013 NCAA All-Minnesota Team

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Zenner, Kilgore, and more make the 2013 NCAA All-Minnesota Team

Please keep posting... this is some good humor! Can you define the word "lots" to me, as I would like to quantify how many it means. Just because you have MN players on the team, does not mean you got them away from us. I do believe you guys win recruiting battles against us...I don't doubt it at all. But, I would have to believe we win more. You guys will have more to offer than in the past with a new stadium and recent playoff appearances. That has upped your stock no doubt...but c'mon...you gonna say with a straight face that equals 3 titles in a row, plus a GameDay visit, plus our record against FBS? Really? Really?

Comment

Originally posted by TransAmBison View Post
      Please keep posting... this is some good humor! Can you define the word "lots" to me, as I would like to quantify how many it means. Just because you have MN players on the team, does not mean you got them away from us. I do believe you guys win recruiting battles against us...I don't doubt it at all. But, I would have to believe we win more. You guys will have more to offer than in the past with a new stadium and recent playoff appearances. That has upped your stock no doubt...but c'mon...you gonna say with a straight face that equals 3 titles in a row, plus a GameDay visit, plus our record against FBS? Really? Really?
      You know most college kids pick schools based on coaches more then facilities or past sucsess? With bohl gone it changes the landscape weather you want to admit it or not. I would be surprised if most of your recruits said they picked ndsu because of the fargo dome is great place to play and becasue they beat k-state once. Most would probably be in the lines of great program liked the coach and felt like home. Being on espn game day is a perk only.
      "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
        You know most college kids pick schools based on coaches more then facilities or past sucsess? With bohl gone it changes the landscape weather you want to admit it or not. I would be surprised if most of your recruits said they picked ndsu because of the fargo dome is great place to play and becasue they beat k-state once. Most would probably be in the lines of great program liked the coach and felt like home. Being on espn game day is a perk only.
        Yes. Rep points.

Minnesota recruits also want to play close enough to home that friends and family can come and watch them play.

I agree NDSU had a nice run. Key word is HAD. They deserve congratulations.

Time has moved on. Bohl is gone. Bohl recruited most of this year's Bison class. Next year - without Bohls recruiting influence lets see what happens.

I'm saying SDSU step in and take over the NDSU/Minnesota pipeline. Now is the time. Great opportunity for the Jacks. No one can deny this.

Go Jacks.

Comment

Originally posted by The Gopher Report View Post
          Thanks for the heads, up, Mitchell. By the way, are Witzmann, Kilgore, or any of the other seniors getting any NFL looks? Witz for sure, right? Maybe Kilgore as a safety?
          Witzmann will probably sign as a free agent and hope to be added to a practice squad.
          I don't think Kilgore will get much attention. We had some linebackers the past couple of seasons that put up numbers like Kilgore but never had garnered any NFL traction.

It will be interesting to see what happens with Zenner & Schneider. I've seen some NFL draft sites talk about Zenner as a possible FB prospect, but I don't see that happening. Schneider is kind of a hybride TE/WR player that I feel is gaining some popularity with the pass-happy NFL.

Comment

Originally posted by shot_5533 View Post
            Yes. Rep points.

Minnesota recruits also want to play close enough to home that friends and family can come and watch them play.

I agree NDSU had a nice run. Key word is HAD. They deserve congratulations.

Time has moved on. Bohl is gone. Bohl recruited most of this year's Bison class. Next year - without Bohls recruiting influence lets see what happens.

I'm saying SDSU step in and take over the NDSU/Minnesota pipeline. Now is the time. Great opportunity for the Jacks. No one can deny this.

Go Jacks.
            You act like this recent run was limited to just this. We have had a history of success that has gone on for a long time and spanned a lot of coaches. Next man up. Please tell me how many championships you have? How many have you played for? How many playoff appearances? You think that doesn't get brought up to recruits? We have a long history and tradition...you guys just don't have that. But Bohl is gone and that is all you have to hang your hat on. Good luck with that.

Comment

You act like this recent run was limited to just this. We have had a history of success that has gone on for a long time and spanned a lot of coaches. Next man up. Please tell me how many championships you have? How many have you played for? How many playoff appearances? You think that doesn't get brought up to recruits? We have a long history and tradition...you guys just don't have that. But Bohl is gone and that is all you have to hang your hat on. Good luck with that.
              You forgot to add buttgameday

Comment

Originally posted by jack power View Post
                You forgot to add buttgameday
                I was one zenner away from it.

Comment

You still seem to miss the point, not surprised by that. But the point is NDSU is going through a change, SDSU has a lot of positives going for us. What you did the last 3 years is great, but no recruit cares about what you did in the 50's or 80's for that matter. Its a tranisiton that NDSU is going through just like SDSU, but we arent your grandpas SDSU anymore. We are getting those perks that help attract good players, just as your 3 peat gets guys interested, our playoff appearences with a new training facility and new stadium right around the corner help us. Plus like i said most players like coaches and Stig did a great job with nothing but him and his staff, now he has some stuff to work with. NDSU is losing the main peace of its 3peat which may affect the recruits who like NDSU now. Sooooo, that leads to the possibility for SDSU to get into the mix for getting more top talent out of the cities and Mn overall. Now it might not happen and NDSU will apparently get the only good ones everytime, but there is an opening for SDSU to stake claim at getting more twin cities guys weather would admit it or not. No one said NDSU will never get good recruits from the cities ever again, just that there is a change in the winds that SDSU can capitilize on.
                  "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Comment

Originally posted by mitchell View Post
                    Witzmann will probably sign as a free agent and hope to be added to a practice squad.
                    I don't think Kilgore will get much attention. We had some linebackers the past couple of seasons that put up numbers like Kilgore but never had garnered any NFL traction.

It will be interesting to see what happens with Zenner & Schneider. I've seen some NFL draft sites talk about Zenner as a possible FB prospect, but I don't see that happening. Schneider is kind of a hybride TE/WR player that I feel is gaining some popularity with the pass-happy NFL.
                    I think Wright stands a very good chance of making a practice squad. As far as Zenner is concerned I could see him in a role similar to Danny Woodhead. Good runner that very rarely loses yards, catches the swing pass well and is smart in protection.

Comment

We've represented pretty well in spite of playing in a terrible stadium and having no indoor practice options. In three years both of those major weaknesses will suddenly be major strengths. We're certainly not there yet, but I like our chances of making large gains over the next few years. In a "what have you done for me lately" world, those shiny new facilities are going to make a difference.

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
                        You still seem to miss the point, not surprised by that. But the point is NDSU is going through a change, SDSU has a lot of positives going for us. What you did the last 3 years is great, but no recruit cares about what you did in the 50's or 80's for that matter. Its a tranisiton that NDSU is going through just like SDSU, but we arent your grandpas SDSU anymore. We are getting those perks that help attract good players, just as your 3 peat gets guys interested, our playoff appearences with a new training facility and new stadium right around the corner help us. Plus like i said most players like coaches and Stig did a great job with nothing but him and his staff, now he has some stuff to work with. NDSU is losing the main peace of its 3peat which may affect the recruits who like NDSU now. Sooooo, that leads to the possibility for SDSU to get into the mix for getting more top talent out of the cities and Mn overall. Now it might not happen and NDSU will apparently get the only good ones everytime, but there is an opening for SDSU to stake claim at getting more twin cities guys weather would admit it or not. No one said NDSU will never get good recruits from the cities ever again, just that there is a change in the winds that SDSU can capitilize on.
                        Have I ever told you how much I love it when you ignorantly get on your high horse? Didn't think so. Has your stock increased? No doubt, but the bar was pretty low before going FCS...absolutely no history or tradition...which is a reason you have no clue about what NDSU has to offer a recruit. You guys can sell a dream, we can show the reality of that dream.

Do I think the gap between our programs narrow? Tough to say as it appears our recruiting has reached unparalleled success...but that might be me just buying snake oil. I'm hoping we capitalized on the 3-peat to get better recruits to keep the train rolling through the coaching transition. If I had to guess, I would say the gap will narrow. I do believe recruiting will be tough battle, but I do believe we will get the majority. For example, right now we are losing recruiting battles...but it is when we already have our wants and we are offering 1/2 schollies against others full rides. Yeah, we are losing, but not on even ground. This year I don't know if we lost anybody we went after with a full ride. (We might have, but I do not know of it).

Comment

If I were a coach and had to choose, I'd rather be able to say my school is a 3 time defending National Champion rather than, in a few years we will have new facilities. I think Stig and company do a great job getting kids here and now with the new facilities, they will have more to offer. Please don't kid yourself though, there is no substitute for success. SDSU has come a long way from making the playoffs once in a million years to not only making it 3 times, but also winning a couple of games. I like the direction we are headed. NDSU, however, headed that direction a while ago and is patiently waiting for us.
                          One hand points to campus...the other to the liquor store.

Comment

Originally posted by ringthebells View Post
                            If I were a coach and had to choose, I'd rather be able to say my school is a 3 time defending National Champion rather than, in a few years we will have new facilities. I think Stig and company do a great job getting kids here and now with the new facilities, they will have more to offer. Please don't kid yourself though, there is no substitute for success. SDSU has come a long way from making the playoffs once in a million years to not only making it 3 times, but also winning a couple of games. I like the direction we are headed. NDSU, however, headed that direction a while ago and is patiently waiting for us.
                            You nailed it. You guys are definitely headed in the right direction. I expect this year to be quite a battle...and I feel very fortunate we have the Jacks in Fargo as I don't know if we could beat you in Brookings.

Comment

Have I ever told you how much I love it when you ignorantly get on your high horse? Didn't think so. Has your stock increased? No doubt, but the bar was pretty low before going FCS...absolutely no history or tradition...which is a reason you have no clue about what NDSU has to offer a recruit. You guys can sell a dream, we can show the reality of that dream.

Do I think the gap between our programs narrow? Tough to say as it appears our recruiting has reached unparalleled success...but that might be me just buying snake oil. I'm hoping we capitalized on the 3-peat to get better recruits to keep the train rolling through the coaching transition. If I had to guess, I would say the gap will narrow. I do believe recruiting will be tough battle, but I do believe we will get the majority. For example, right now we are losing recruiting battles...but it is when we already have our wants and we are offering 1/2 schollies against others full rides. Yeah, we are losing, but not on even ground. This year I don't know if we lost anybody we went after with a full ride. (We might have, but I do not know of it).
                              Your supiorority complex is simply amazing. "Superiority complex is a psychological defense mechanism in which a person's feelings of superiority counter or conceal his or her feelings of inferiority.[1] The term was coined by Alfred Adler (February 7, 1870 – May 28, 1937), as part of his School of Individual psychology. It was introduced in his series of books, including "Understanding Human Nature" and "Social Interest".

Yes NDSU recruiting HAD a great run, until you go undeafted or win another national tittle remains to be seen how well it will be in the future. Unless NDSU is paying recruits under then table then i feel i have a pretty good idea. Or why dont you take your own advice and say since I dont know what SDSU has to offer maybe just keep quiet then. But being an NDSU fan thats probably impossible for you. Still you miss the point again and again, which I should probably stop wasting my time, but the fact is SDSU has things going for it it never had before, NDSU has its past going for it but with a new coach, the point is, SDSU has a chance to take a stronger effort to recruit more MN kids and twin cities kids then it has had in the past. Your ignorance is truly bliss isnt it. Unless NDSU is going to win every national championship every year, it only has one way to go, and thats down. I mean its not like a few years ago you guys had a losing record and we were winning the confrence championships, which you seem to forget about. its not like we have been as bad as USD, we have some good things going for us, not a 3peat, but we have stuff you are not willing to admit improves the stock of SDSU. enjoy riding on your high horse, hope it doesnt hurt to bad when you fall.

Comment

Originally posted by ringthebells View Post
                                granted they did great for 3 years which doesnt hurt, but a new coach, new cordinators, new QB etc, NDSU is not IMHO going forward from today the hands down favorite. Could they win it all again.. they sure could, maybe they have a rebuilding year even with some many good players they might have to rebuild again. Maybe their new coaching staff has connections in other key markets and doesnt focus on the twin cities like they did before. But we are approaching a more level playing field than most NDSU fans would be willing to admit.

Comment

Working...
                                X