Zenner, Kilgore, and more make the 2013 NCAA All-Minnesota Team

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Zenner, Kilgore, and more make the 2013 NCAA All-Minnesota Team

Man, Zach Zenner is a beast. You guys got a good one. I also think Gandy will be very good down the road.

I've made it to 4 or 5 Jacks games the past three years, but didn't make it to any this year.

Anyway, several Jacks made the 2013 NCAA All-Minnesota team. Zenner was the offensive MVP.

If I could include western Wisconsin, Witz would have obviously made the list as well.

http://go4report.com/gophers-footbal...innesota-team/

Re: Zenner, Kilgore, and more make the 2013 NCAA All-Minnesota Team

Loved the concept, thanks for sharing.

Besides Zenner, Shneider, & Cam Jones -some other MN kids to keep an eye on for 2014 -

SO LT - Nick Carr, New Brighton (might take over for LT Witzmann)
    SR DE - Kevin Klocek, Ellendale (will compete for starting DE spot)

Comment

Originally posted by mitchell View Post
      Loved the concept, thanks for sharing.

Besides Zenner, Shneider, & Cam Jones -some other MN kids to keep an eye on for 2014 -

SO LT - Nick Carr, New Brighton (might take over for LT Witzmann)
      SR DE - Kevin Klocek, Ellendale (will compete for starting DE spot)

Thanks for the heads, up, Mitchell. By the way, are Witzmann, Kilgore, or any of the other seniors getting any NFL looks? Witz for sure, right? Maybe Kilgore as a safety?

Comment

Craig Bohl made his living with recruiting Minnesota Players. Now that he is gone to Wyoming, NOW is the time for the Jacks to end the NDSU pipeline and reinforce the SDSU/Minnesota pipeline. It also appears that Coach Kill is recruiting more and more out of Minnesota which leaves even better players for SDSU. (A big mistake IMO as you can see from this article. He has NOT closed the Minnesota border.) The fact that Minnesota only has one D 1 team makes it ripe for recruiting. The same for Wisconsin. Stig had/has a lot of top players from Minnesota. Success leads to success. I see this strong trend continuing. For the most part, the Twin Cities are about as close to Brookings as they are to Fargo. The new facilities are also going to draw players. No longer will NDSU cherry pick the players the Gophers miss. Stig and SDSU will be cherry picking them based on his success.

Great thread, especially with signing day coming up! Go Jacks!!!

Comment

Originally posted by shot_5533 View Post
          No longer will NDSU cherry pick the players the Gophers miss. Stig and SDSU will be cherry picking them based on his success.
          It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it pays off for 'em.

Comment

Originally posted by TransAmBison View Post
            It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it pays off for 'em.
            Bold???

It is a no brainer aka Schneider, Zenner, Kilgore, etc. You may as well throw in Witzmann as per above. Simply look at the roster. It already paid off for the Jacks.

SDSU has really raised its profile in the Twin Cities as a major player. Craig Bohl is gone. I think the NDSU pipeline is hurting and SDSU has and will fill the void.

Great recruiting year for the Jacks. Great thread Gopher hole.

Comment

Bold???

It is a no brainer aka Schneider, Zenner, Kilgore, etc. You may as well throw in Witzmann as per above. Simply look at the roster. It already paid off for the Jacks.

SDSU has really raised its profile in the Twin Cities as a major player. Craig Bohl is gone. I think the NDSU pipeline is hurting and SDSU has and will fill the void.

No offense, but do you really believe that SDSU is viewed as the premier FCS destination for MSP area recruits after NDSU just won three National Titles, hosted ESPN GameDay, beat four straight FBS teams, and played on national tv a zillion times? Really?

Have you seen NDSU's recruiting class? The Bison have verbals from a bunch of guys that turned down multiple FBS offer to play in Fargo (Stick, Collins, etc). Honest question: does SDSU have any verbals that have turned down multiple FBS offers? I'll hang up and listen...

Comment

Bold???

This is the funniest post I think I have ever read here. You have shown you have absolutely no knowledge of how recruiting has gone down. This is pure gold. You guys have won a total of two playoff games and now you are a major player! You know how far that will get you? Approximately one Zenner.*

*I know this is not a smack thread, but the referenced post is just asking for it. I had to warn him of the danger before he shot his eye out.

Comment

http://www.redstar5.com/blog/wp-cont...es-550x412.jpg

Comment

The Gopher Report
                    http://go4report.com/gophers-footbal...innesota-team/

More NDSU players than any other school. Congrats on the incredibly successful program that you guys have built!
                    (reposted from bv)...just to show how the floodgates might not have been opened as much as you guys might have thought. Have fun with it, though!

Comment

Originally posted by TransAmBison View Post
                      The Gopher Report

(reposted from bv)...just to show how the floodgates might not have been opened as much as you guys might have thought. Have fun with it, though!
                      You missed it or more than likely I wasn't clear. I meant open the flood gates for ragging on that post from shot.

Our program is progressing, but it's nowhere near NDSU right now.

Comment

Originally posted by MontanaRabbit View Post
                        You missed it or more than likely I wasn't clear. I meant open the flood gates for ragging on that post from shot.

Our program is progressing, but it's nowhere near NDSU right now.
                        Gotcha, my bad. I was disappointed this year during the playoffs. I thought you guys had a real shot at making it to Frisco. You guys are getting closer, no doubt about it. Stig generally gets the most out of his players. I'm just a little surprised Sumner didn't do better this year. I don't know if it was him or the receivers or maybe both.

Comment

Originally posted by HandoEX View Post
                          No offense, but do you really believe that SDSU is viewed as the premier FCS destination for MSP area recruits after NDSU just won three National Titles, hosted ESPN GameDay, beat four straight FBS teams, and played on national tv a zillion times? Really?

Have you seen NDSU's recruiting class? The Bison have verbals from a bunch of guys that turned down multiple FBS offer to play in Fargo (Stick, Collins, etc). Honest question: does SDSU have any verbals that have turned down multiple FBS offers? I'll hang up and listen...
                          Yes. SDSU is viewed as a premier FCS destination for MSP and don't forget St Paul area recruits. Why the inferiority complex from you? The other guy, whose name shall not be mentioned, is full of hot air.

The pied piper has left NDSU. Losing Bohl is going to leave a mark whether you want to believe it or not. It WAS a nice run.

Also - don't forget - Bohl and his coaches recruited a lot of this years class. He won't be around next year to recruit for the Bison.

Did you forget, the not distant past, when SDSU was winning the Dakota Marker? Or short term memory loss on your part? One thing I won't forget is the playoff loss in Montana which the Jacks should have won.

Believe it or not a lot of players have chosen SDSU over NDSU. I know a lot of them from the Twin Cities who turned down NDSU for SDSU. Would you rather have an education from SDSU or NDSU?

I very quickly counted 18 players from Minnesota on the current Jacks roster.

As for those FBS offers - were they offered preferred walk on status or actually a 100% full FBS offer? Kids will say they were offered when it is only walk on offered.

Time will tell but I am betting on the Jacks to win the Marker this year with a lot of skilled Minnesota players contributing.

Bring on the ragging. I don't care. I happen to be right. Living in the Twin Cities and following football does have insight vs. opinions from non Minnesotans.

Go Jacks!

Comment

Kids, don't make me stop this car and come back there . . .
                            "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Originally posted by HandoEX View Post

Also - I never said the premier destination. I hope you go or went to college. Read what I wrote. SDSU is a premier destination for Twin City players. UND and USD are not premier destinations. I wrote that it is likely and now is the time that SDSU can pass NDSU as the premier FCS destination for Twin City players.

Why not?

Lack of facilities is being taken care of.

Comment

Working...
                              X