Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Zenner, Kilgore, and more make the 2013 NCAA All-Minnesota Team

Originally posted by shot_5533 View Post
    Minnesota has a lot of national championship and Rose Bowl trophies to show recruits too. To bad they happened in the past. Before most of us were born.
    So the past is the past? What the Gophers did in the past is no different than just finishing a 3-peat? Both are the past? mkay.

I might also note...we did just fine recruiting before Bohl. I still have not gotten one response...have you beaten us on one head-to-head recruiting battle? I'll hang up and listen.

Comment

Originally posted by TransAmBison View Post
      So the past is the past? What the Gophers did in the past is no different than just finishing a 3-peat? Both are the past? mkay.

I might also note...we did just fine recruiting before Bohl. I still have not gotten one response...have you beaten us on one head-to-head recruiting battle? I'll hang up and listen.
      Yes.

Comment

your assuming SDSU is still your grandfathers SDSU. If you fail to see that things are changing, your in for a rude surprise. Hopefully most bison fans can keep off the deep end heaven forbid they dont win a national championship. No one is taking anything away from what NDSU has done or very well may still do in the future. Just as SDSU is getting better NDSU wont be the only draw anymore. The last 10 years things have only gotten better here, since its not winning championships you might not see it that way, but compared to the rest of SDSU history is football, rarely has it had it so good. Whats more likely, we go back to being 6-5 most years with just a random 1 game playoff or do we compete for confrence titles and seeds for the playoffs most years followed with a rebuidling year or 2? I like to think we have set the new norm for SDSU, its time most fans get on board, because i really dont see it going back to where it was. The admin is in place to make sure that is what happens we go forward. sorry, my last post on this topic.
        "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by shot_5533 View Post
          Yes.
          Can you please let me know who you got where we competed? Was it a full ride against a full ride or was it a half vs full?

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
            your assuming SDSU is still your grandfathers SDSU. If you fail to see that things are changing, your in for a rude surprise. Hopefully most bison fans can keep off the deep end heaven forbid they dont win a national championship. No one is taking anything away from what NDSU has done or very well may still do in the future. Just as SDSU is getting better NDSU wont be the only draw anymore. The last 10 years things have only gotten better here, since its not winning championships you might not see it that way, but compared to the rest of SDSU history is football, rarely has it had it so good. Whats more likely, we go back to being 6-5 most years with just a random 1 game playoff or do we compete for confrence titles and seeds for the playoffs most years followed with a rebuidling year or 2? I like to think we have set the new norm for SDSU, its time most fans get on board, because i really dont see it going back to where it was. The admin is in place to make sure that is what happens we go forward. sorry, my last post on this topic.
            No argument with the general thought of this post. I agree...it is time fans get on board. Hopefully you guys can build up a solid tailgate for your home games as well. It makes it easier to get the crowds when it is an all day affair.

Comment

Can you please let me know who you got where we competed? Was it a full ride against a full ride or was it a half vs full?
              First of all, in my opinion SDSU still has work to do to get to the same level that NDSU has reached. The Bison earned their position on top of the podium and it will take more than a winning streak against them or winning multiple playoff games in a post season to reach their level. New facilities helps, but it is not part of the total package when recruits evaluate schools. It will be interesting to see how they fare post Coach Bohl, but they have proven it is not about a single coach with their history of winning.

In regards to head to head recruiting battles, I have a hard time believing we have not won a single head to head battle in recruits. I looked back on our forum to compare recruiting battles the last three years and the following is what I've found. Keep in mind, this information is from recruiting services and it is hard for me to verify that any of these offers were apples to apples offers.

- 2011 -
              SDSU Recruits
              Reggie Gandy, De La Salle, MN, offers from NDSU, UNI, UND
              Ben Muff, Crete, NE, offers from NDSU

Carson Wentz, Bismarck Century, ND, offers from SDSU

- 2012 -
              SDSU Recruit
              Nick Carr - Totino Grace, MN, offers from NDSU, UNI
              Jordan Brichacek - Howells, NE, offers from NDSU

NDSU Recruit
              Derek McGinnis - Crete, NE, offers from SDSU
              Austin Farnlof - Boulder Creek HS, AZ, offers from SDSU, Air Force, UND
              Brett Pierce - Holy Angels HS, MN, offers from SDSU, UND, USD, Wyoming

- 2013 -
              SDSU Recruit
              none

NDSU Recruit
              Cole Davis - Kearney, MO, offers from SDSU
              Austin Kuhnert - SF Washington, offers from SDSU
              Zach Ziemer - Lakeville North, MN, offers from SDSU, Miami-OH, Montana, Mont St, UND, USD
              Nick Deluca, Omaha Millard North, NE offers from SDSU, Ohio, UND, USD

Looking at history, we've lost to NDSU 4 to 8 in recruiting battles. However, we have won recruiting battles. You can also see that their recent history of winning national championships has likely helped them. Again, every recruit is different and choose schools for different reasons. Let's be honest a history of winning makes a difference in recruiting battles, but it is no guarantee that you will win or lose a recruit to a peer institution.

Comment

Originally posted by GopherHole View Post
                First of all, in my opinion SDSU still has work to do to get to the same level that NDSU has reached. The Bison earned their position on top of the podium and it will take more than a winning streak against them or winning multiple playoff games in a post season to reach their level. New facilities helps, but it is not part of the total package when recruits evaluate schools. It will be interesting to see how they fare post Coach Bohl, but they have proven it is not about a single coach with their history of winning.

In regards to head to head recruiting battles, I have a hard time believing we have not won a single head to head battle in recruits. I looked back on our forum to compare recruiting battles the last three years and the following is what I've found. Keep in mind, this information is from recruiting services and it is hard for me to verify that any of these offers were apples to apples offers.

- 2011 -
                SDSU Recruits
                Reggie Gandy, De La Salle, MN, offers from NDSU, UNI, UND
                Ben Muff, Crete, NE, offers from NDSU

Carson Wentz, Bismarck Century, ND, offers from SDSU

- 2012 -
                SDSU Recruit
                Nick Carr - Totino Grace, MN, offers from NDSU, UNI
                Jordan Brichacek - Howells, NE, offers from NDSU

NDSU Recruit
                Derek McGinnis - Crete, NE, offers from SDSU
                Austin Farnlof - Boulder Creek HS, AZ, offers from SDSU, Air Force, UND
                Brett Pierce - Holy Angels HS, MN, offers from SDSU, UND, USD, Wyoming

- 2013 -
                SDSU Recruit
                none

NDSU Recruit
                Cole Davis - Kearney, MO, offers from SDSU
                Austin Kuhnert - SF Washington, offers from SDSU
                Zach Ziemer - Lakeville North, MN, offers from SDSU, Miami-OH, Montana, Mont St, UND, USD
                Nick Deluca, Omaha Millard North, NE offers from SDSU, Ohio, UND, USD

Looking at history, we've lost to NDSU 4 to 8 in recruiting battles. However, we have won recruiting battles. You can also see that their recent history of winning national championships has likely helped them. Again, every recruit is different and choose schools for different reasons. Let's be honest a history of winning makes a difference in recruiting battles, but it is no guarantee that you will win or lose a recruit to a peer institution.
                As far as recruiting battles, I was just talking this year...sorry if I was unclear. I was just going against the notion we were in trouble without Bohl. Other than that, great post.

Comment

As far as recruiting battles, I was just talking this year...sorry if I was unclear. I was just going against the notion we were in trouble without Bohl. Other than that, great post.
                  From the Recruiting thread, I see Trey Carr and JT Hassell for this year's class for SDSU. NDSU got Menard, Stick, and Marlette. I think NDSU was going a different direction on Hassell though, per Hassell's statements earlier. However, as Gopher points out, whether the offers are the same, etc. really is difficult to say without the recruit stating as much.
                  "All I know is what I read on the message boards."
                  "Oh, well, there's your problem, then."

Comment

Originally posted by KUlawJack View Post
                    From the Recruiting thread, I see Trey Carr and JT Hassell for this year's class for SDSU. NDSU got Menard, Stick, and Marlette. I think NDSU was going a different direction on Hassell though, per Hassell's statements earlier. However, as Gopher points out, whether the offers are the same, etc. really is difficult to say without the recruit stating as much.
                    I can't see where Trey Carr was offered...but that doesn't mean it didn't happen...might just be me. I looked it up on our recruiting website and a number of schools listed for Carr but not NDSU. I'm pretty sure sure Hassell was a partial, but I haven't found anything to back it up. Any way you cut it, good find KUlawJack. I'd like to be able to prove my point, but it doesn't look like I can. Well played good sir.

Comment

I can't see where Trey Carr was offered...but that doesn't mean it didn't happen...might just be me. I looked it up on our recruiting website and a number of schools listed for Carr but not NDSU. I'm pretty sure sure Hassell was a partial, but I haven't found anything to back it up. Any way you cut it, good find KUlawJack. I'd like to be able to prove my point, but it doesn't look like I can. Well played good sir.
                      http://sports.yahoo.com/ncaa/footbal...ey-Carr-144920

Yahoo Sports site (Rivals) lists Trey Carr's offers were from SDSU, UND, NDSU, & USD. How accurate this site is could be up for debate.
                      Last edited by UWMandSDSU; 02-03-2014, 04:10 PM.

Comment

From bisonation.info: http://bisonation.info/football-offers-and-commitments/

If you hover over Nebraska, it identifies Carr. But as UWMandSDSU points out, that info may also be from the Yahoo link.
                        "All I know is what I read on the message boards."
                        "Oh, well, there's your problem, then."

Comment

Originally posted by KUlawJack View Post
                          From bisonation.info: http://bisonation.info/football-offers-and-commitments/

If you hover over Nebraska, it identifies Carr. But as UWMandSDSU points out, that info may also be from the Yahoo link.
                          Good find. I checked the site but didn't look at the map. I bow to the prowess of UWMandSDSU and yourself. I've got nothin' on Carr then...that could easily have been a head-to-head win for SDSU. Well played by SDSU!

Comment

3 out of 4 of the top Jack Awards went to Minnesotans. Though I'd argue Witzman was the most valuable of all; from right over the river from Minnesota...

Jacks did not land very many Minnesota recruits this year. For that matter neither did Minnesota. Obviously a down year for Minnesota High School Football except for the 4 star recruits.

Time to close the thread.

Comment

Originally posted by HandoEX
                              I thought the run was over after Bohl left?
                              Low rent Hando. NDSU hasn't won the 2014 title yet, UNI beat you and SDSU nearly did. NDSU is already showing signs of missing a step, and that's with Bohl's recruits.

Klieman admitted in the post game that NDSU didn't prepare for the Wildcat at all despite having 2 weeks. That's a set SDSU has run since at least Minnett. Its one small thing, but Bohl would have been ready for it. Do you disagree?
                              “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

I'm confused

Comment

Working...
                                X