Jordan Dykstra

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jordan Dykstra

There's been lots of love for Carlson and Larson, and rightfully so. However, Dykstra is quietly putting together what could be the best year on the team. If we finish above 3rd and his stats hold up, he will be a strong POY candidate, IMO.
    “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Re: Jordan Dykstra

Originally posted by SF_Rabbit_Fan View Post
    There's been lots of love for Carlson and Larson, and rightfully so. However, Dykstra is quietly putting together what could be the best year on the team. If we finish above 3rd and his stats hold up, he will be a strong POY candidate, IMO.
    You are right. Leads time in scoring and rebounds and is near the top in the conference for both as well. He has a history of "disappearing" at times, that can't happen if you want to be the POY. I love what Jordan can do on the court and want to see him continue to dominate, excel.
    We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

I was looking at his ESPN stats page last night. He is shooting more shots and shooting a higher percentage than he did a year ago. He's also stepped up his rebounding as well. He has NEVER in his career shot lower than 42% from 3. Do people realize how insanely valuable that kind of production is? He is a beast.
      Originally posted by JackFan96
      Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Yeah he didn't hurt going 28-6 the last few years in the Summit league. He's just got that versatility that is awesome to watch..

Comment

Originally posted by RabbitObsessed View Post
          I was looking at his ESPN stats page last night. He is shooting more shots and shooting a higher percentage than he did a year ago. He's also stepped up his rebounding as well. He has NEVER in his career shot lower than 42% from 3. Do people realize how insanely valuable that kind of production is? He is a beast.
          Shame on you! Don't you know that ESPN stats are garbage?

Comment

Originally posted by TK22867 View Post
            Shame on you! Don't you know that ESPN stats are garbage?
            You can use the gojacks.com site to verify the easy questions like this. They still carry stats for the players as well. Jordan has had a very respectable college career.
            Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

After wolters he is probably the 2 best player in our D 1 history. I think a lot of his career has been overshadowed by wolters. But a 6'8. Awesome 3pt shooter and has solid post moves who can rebound play 30 plus minutes with pretty good D usually avoiding foul trouble. That hard to find. If we didn't have wolters I think jordan would have had the chance to shine more if he didn't have a awesome do everything pt guard. As much as having wolters helped jordan, he was never the go to guy. This year he is and seems to be doing well with no major disapearing act. If wolters never came here I think we would be talking about how jordan was the greatest sdsu player to come here imho. He sure is fun to watch when he gets hot from 3. Was it his soph year we went like 12 3s made in a row durning a couple game stretch. That's impressive.
              "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Dykstra's a great player. We'll likely remember him for what he did last night. It reminded me of Nate's 53 point game in the fact that he just took over and wanted the damn ball. 26 straight free throws is amazing, too. We'll really miss Dykstra after this season. He's unique in the fact he can post up anyone but he's also the best 3 point shooter in school history.

Comment

Originally posted by YanktonJack7 View Post
                  Dykstra's a great player. We'll likely remember him for what he did last night. It reminded me of Nate's 53 point game in the fact that he just took over and wanted the damn ball. 26 straight free throws is amazing, too. We'll really miss Dykstra after this season. He's unique in the fact he can post up anyone but he's also the best 3 point shooter in school history.
                  I'm kind of "meh" to Dykstra's overall career. I'm just not sure he is one that will come to my mind in 20 years. Probably because I'm still waiting for that stretch when he carries the team on his back through several games. This year's Summit League tournament sounds like a perfect opportunity.

In my mind there is Nate, and then there is everyone else - which is probably unfair to everyone else.

Comment

Originally posted by TK22867 View Post
                    I'm kind of "meh" to Dykstra's overall career. I'm just not sure he is one that will come to my mind in 20 years. Probably because I'm still waiting for that stretch when he carries the team on his back through several games. This year's Summit League tournament sounds like a perfect opportunity.

In my mind there is Nate, and then there is everyone else - which is probably unfair to everyone else.
                    I'll take it one step further, I'm disappointed and thought he would be a key piece to a dominant Summit league season and a 10 or 11 seed in the NCAAs followed by a win or two with Nate leading the way last year. After that didn't happen and for various other reasons I didn't expect him to assume the lead dog role this year. He is a great player and many will say I'm out of line. So be it, I have even higher expectations for him. I hope he makes me eat my words as I know he has the ability to.

Last night was a huge win. Won't mean a damn thing if Jacks lose in Vermillion tomorrow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                    We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

Comment

I'm of the opinion that we were extremely fortunate to get Dykstra. He isn't Wolters, but Wolters wouldn't have been Wolters without Dykstra either.

He's currently #2 scoring and #1 rebounder in the league. He is one of the greatest to play at SDSU. Anybody who says otherwise doesn't understand the first thing about basketball, IMHO.
                      “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

I'm of the opinion that we were extremely fortunate to get Dykstra. He isn't Wolters, but Wolters wouldn't have been Wolters without Dykstra either.

He's currently #2 scoring and #1 rebounder in the league. He is one of the greatest to play at SDSU. Anybody who says otherwise doesn't understand the first thing about basketball, IMHO.
                        We will have to compare credentials some time. Jordan has nothing to prove to me. He is a great player. One of the "greatest in SDSU history" better check yourself there. I am not willing to say that right now.

Comment

I've never really understood why posters feel the need to add sentences like the last one above. It's like saying "I'm right, and if you don't agree with me you obviously know nothing about the subject matter". So lame.

With that in mind, I'm not even going to attempt to debate this because your mind clearly won't be changed. I'll just say I'm in full agreement with Jackmd.

Comment

I'm of the opinion that we were extremely fortunate to get Dykstra.
                            I'm of the opinion that Jordan Dykstra was extremely fortunate to have found SDSU. In the end both have benefited greatly. This is a good thing.

Comment

Attracting both Marcus and Jordan was huge for SDSU. I remember debate among SDSU fans over whether Marcus or Jordan would be the biggest contributor. Marcus has been very good, but Jordan has been great. In 20 or 30 years, Jordan will still be talked about as one of the all-time great Jacks.
                              This space for lease.

Comment

Working...
                              X