The Summit League season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The Summit League season

WBB Final: IUPUI 80, USD 59. Coyotes (9-8, 0-2) are at IPFW on Saturday afternoon.

WBB Final: IPFW 81, Denver 78.

Comment

MBB: USD 69, IUPUI 57, Final. USD pulled away late. Was a close one for most of the game.

MBB: NDSU 91, Omaha 69, Final.

MBB: IPFW 25, Denver 24, Halftime. Interesting second half coming in this one.

Comment

UNO got slapped. NDSU at all cylinders is a scary team.
        Originally posted by JackFan96
        Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

MBB: IPFW 67, Denver 64, Final. IPFW (15-5, 3-0) with wins over the preseason #1, #2, and #3 so far this season. Denver (7-10, 0-2) maybe not as good as people thought.

Comment

Omaha women handle bison 66-48.
            Seekamp is scoreless in the loss to IUPUI. Maybe she is not back to 100% yet.
            Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Originally posted by OldHare View Post
              3 shots in 22 minutes (and no foul trouble) is enough to tell me she is nowhere close to 100%.
              "Tell the truth and pay your bills and you don't have to back down from anyone"--My Dad

Comment

Originally posted by YanktonJack7 View Post
                MBB: IPFW 67, Denver 64, Final. IPFW (15-5, 3-0) with wins over the preseason #1, #2, and #3 so far this season. Denver (7-10, 0-2) maybe not as good as people thought.
                Wait, but they were going to come into the Summit and walk all over everybody...
                "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

Originally posted by OldHare View Post

USD played well in Denver,Denver just hit everything they put up that game .USD,if and when Seakamp gets rolling again on offense will be tough out like last yr.She's (Seakamp)contributing practically nothing with her injured ankle right now.

Comment

Originally posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
                    Wait, but they were going to come into the Summit and walk all over everybody...
                    I think DU (and their fans) are finding out that the Summit is not a push over and that the BB played is better then what they saw in the WAC or Sun Belt.

I love having them in the conference, it gives me a chance to drive over the divide and watch the Jacks play; however it always amazes me just how bad the coverage of DU athletics is in this state. Outside of Hockey, Lacrosse or a game against CSU, AF or UNC it is hard to find anything outside of a box score.

Comment

Originally posted by YanktonJack7 View Post
                      Don't like this score, is anyone going to beat IPFW? John Denver no worries.

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
                        Don't like this score, is anyone going to beat IPFW? John Denver no worries.
                        They have certainly made a statement to start the season. Knocking off the top-3 from the preseason poll is impressive, even if two of the games were at home. Should we root for the Coyotes to hand them a loss? It's certainly possible in that wacky dome.

Denver's record definitely surprises me. They struggled with their OOC schedule too, so it is not just the Summit that is kicking them around. The same could be said about the (WBB) Coyotes. Losing on the road at IUPUI is certainly understandable, but they got smoked by 20 just a few days after losing to a bad Denver team. IPFW could definitely hand them a third loss.

Comment

It is way too early in the season to make any sense of things accept to say there is no clear favorite to win an outright regular season title or to win the tourney title. IUPUI appears to be way down this year and Denver does not appear to be as good as advertised. IPFW is off to a fabulous start but its nothing more than a start. Coyotes have won 2 games at home and that deserves recognition but nothing more than recognition. I think their FB team started out pretty well in conference this year too.

I think its great. Seems to be much more parity than previous years. Some might argue that the top of the conference isn't as strong this year as prior years with Oakland and ORU out of the mix for now. I won't argue that it might be stronger with them but I will argue that it can still be strong without them. This is going to be an exciting Summit league season.
                          We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

I think it will avg out and NDSU and SDSU will seperate and go for 1 and 2nd seeds. Even if Denver is good, its hard being the new guy in the confrence. Its a new grind, new arenas to play in, overall the league is pretty good quaility of play, its a learning curve no matter how good you thought you would be. FW is going to be in the hunt for the fact they beat the XDSUs already so the rest of their games are against teams worse then the dakota schools. Still plently of games to go but overall its not too surprising whats happened so far aside from Denver not being as good as advertised in the preseason and FW going 3-0 to start. So if FW gets beat but say a IUPUI or other lower confrence teams that sort of negates the wins over the dakotas so far, so lets sit back and enjoy the ride and hope SDSU finds themselves on top of the conference again.
                            "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

WBB: IPFW 96, USD 78. Final. Nicole Seekamp did not play for the Coyotes (9-9, 0-3). Regardless, USD has given up an average of 89 ppg in conference play.

MBB: Western Illinois 30, NDSU 30. Halftime.

Comment

MBB: NDSU 65, Western Illinois 52, Final. Bison (14-5, 3-1) are at Frost Arena next Saturday.

Comment

Working...
                                X