The Summit League season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Summit League season

The Bison lose both the women and men games to Ft Wayne. Taylor Braun is back in the lineup. The biggest difference for the men involves more turnovers and nine more fouls where Ft Wayne outscored them at the line 20-8. Ft Wayne had about 600 fans on hand to witness.

Ft Wayne women win in 3OT 98-89. They outscored the bison 32-16 at the line. 521 attended the game in Fargo.
    Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Re: The Summit League season

Originally posted by OldHare View Post
    The Bison lose both the women and men games to Ft Wayne. Taylor Braun is back in the lineup. The biggest difference for the men involves more turnovers and nine more fouls where Ft Wayne outscored them at the line 20-8. Ft Wayne had about 600 fans on hand to witness.

Ft Wayne women win in 3OT 98-89. They outscored the bison 32-16 at the line. 521 attended the game in Fargo.
    Some of their fans are probably basking in the Texas sun. I know a bunch did not get back until Tuesday and Wednesday.

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
      Some of their fans are probably basking in the Texas sun. I know a bunch did not get back until Tuesday and Wednesday.
      Not shocked by the attendance numbers at the women's game. It's been years since they have put a decent product on the floor.

Comment

I love how both of those NDSU/FW games turned out.

The FW women had to grind out three OT, which is bound to affect them going into the second game of a road trip less than 48 hours later. Hopefully the Jacks pour it on early saturday.

It never hurts to see NDSU (MBB) lose, especially in light of their absurdly-high RPI, Sagarin rating, etc. Welcome back to earth, Bison fans. Slow your roll a little with the Bracketology talk. Looking at the stats, it appears that FW was in control of that game for nearly 40 minutes.

How good is FW? They've taken care of business against poor teams pretty much all season and have won 7 of 8. That one loss was ugly, though. Eastern Kentucky (Mid-Major #20) came into FW and beat them by 22.

Comment

Yeah that Eastern Kentucky loss was pretty bad. I didn't think they would take them down like that
          Great moments are born from great opportunities.
          ---Herb Brooks

Comment

NDSU up on IUPUI in first half 31-21 in first half under 4.
            http://www.theindychannel.com/live-video
            35-31 halftime
            Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

NDSU leads 35-31 at halftime. They were down 20-15 earlier and went on a 17-2 run. IUPUI went on a 8-2 run into halftime. Should be a good second half. Bison are struggling against the IUPUI zone.

Comment

NDSU starting to pull away. Leads IUPUI by 12 at the under 12 media timeout.

Comment

Word is the IUPUI announcers, not sure if on tv or radio, called Trayvonn Wright Trayvonn Martin.

Kind of a big difference there. :facepalm
                  "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

Originally posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
                    Word is the IUPUI announcers, not sure if on tv or radio, called Trayvonn Wright Trayvonn Martin.

When I watched the Towson-NDSU MBB game a couple weeks ago, the color guy did the same thing a couple times before correcting himself. Very awkward.

Comment

Originally posted by RowdyRabbit View Post

I heard it on the video feed!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

87-64 Bison

Comment

USD/Denver (M) tips off on Midco at 4:00. I suppose a USD win would be best for SDSU as Denver should be a top-3 contender. It will be interesting to see how they handle shooting in the dome.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Yotes lead 30-28 about 3 minutes until half. A Denver player picked up his 3rd foul with barely 5 minutes in to this game.

Comment

Bison women lose to IUPUI 46-71 in front of 557. Losing streak at 9. 3-13 record; 0-2 Summit. Coach shouldn't be starting any new hobbies that take more than a month or two.

Comment

Working...
                              X