Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: IUPUI - Conference opener

Originally posted by tbjack View Post
    Three straight road wins is great. I don't care who you are or who you beat winning three in a row on the road in college basketball is tough to do. People forget how we played on the road last year with losses at Hofstra, CSU Bakersfield, USD and blowouts at Belmont and Murray st. This team is really coming together. If chad white starts getting hot from three this we will be really tough. Bittle and Larsen are serious athletic forces and give me hope not only for an ncaa tourney run this year but next year as well.

IPFW looks like a legitimate contender this year. Go look at their schedule. A one point loss at Dayton and 2 point loss at Illinois for a 13-5 team. Yikes. Losing the volume shooting frank Gaines might have helped them. Don't be shocked with a split with these guys.
    I agree with IPFW. As we all know conference road victories are damn tough. They appear to a quality team.

I actually kinda figured the Bison would beat them and they would play us tougher because of it. After last night, it's becoming clearer that they are likely a quality team.

I'm excited for next year as well. We have two transfers coming in that appear to bring a dynamic to SDSU we have never seen.

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
      I am surprised someone has not called me out on my comments about Cody Larson and missing those easy inside shots. Don't get me wrong, its just looked like he should make them all like Marshall Bjorkland did in the one game against us last year. I did some checking on the team stats and Cody does have the highest FG percentage a .541. He has made through last night's game 79-146 attempts which is the best percentage on the team so far. This percentage tops Brayden Carlson who is just 50 percent and Dykstra is 49 per cent. Though it looks so easy to a fan such as myself, I just wish he could raise his FG percent a few more points. If we have 3 guys who are over or near 50 percent on FG, not counting 3 pt., we should darn near be 50 percent on all FG. As others have stated, it creates match up problems. I think we are definitely moving in the right direction, and come March we will be a very good basketball team.

Last night the Indy announcer mentioned that SDSU got the lead when their two top players got 2 fouls and they had to sit. More mismatches, and our guys took advantage. Our guys are finding their own way, No doubt about it.
      I did... You better not have me on ignore, arguing with Norwegians makes my life a little more interesting.

Originally posted by SF_Rabbit_Fan View Post
      I think he is so athletic and smooth that everything looks easy, so it is frustrating when shots don't go in. Larson has the best FG percentage on the team.
      “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
        Agree, perimeter D is going to have to be "tighter" as the season goes on. This was a nice road win and should give the team and fans some confidence moving forward. This team can compete for a Summit League title if they stay healthy and play as hard as they did last night every night.
        Getting Connor Devine back will help defensively and also allow Larson and Dykstra the luxury of not having to play quite as many minutes as they did last night.

Comment

Originally posted by SF_Rabbit_Fan View Post
          I did... You better not have me on ignore, arguing with Norwegians makes my life a little more interesting.
          You must be one of many Dutchman on this board. I don't have anyone on ignore but when its a game thread, I don't read every post. I apparently missed yours. Yes I did learn today that Larson was leading in FG Percentage today. 79-146, according to GOJACKS.COM

Btw, that was a great behind the back pass by Bittle to Larson on that one steal. Bittle was smart to do that since he had two defenders on him going in for the layup. What amazes me is for a big guy Larson being that far down the floor that he going for the basket and right there to get that fancy pass. Years ago, the big guys would be the last ones down the floor, they just were not that athletic like Larson is. A great addition to the team.
          Last edited by Nidaros; 01-10-2014, 10:48 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
            Getting Connor Devine back will help defensively and also allow Larson and Dykstra the luxury of not having to play quite as many minutes as they did last night.
            What happened to Devine?
            Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Originally posted by OldHare View Post
              What happened to Devine?
              Illness, didn't make the trip.

Comment

Working...
              X