Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: next years expectations

Originally posted by shot_5533 View Post
    The players my source has talked to don't care who they play. Who was it who said they just play who they put in front of them? And please don't drag that dead horse of a post into here! Please no, I can't take it no more.

Anyhow - back to point topic. I'm going to agree with Lindy's and say the Jacks are #6 until someone beats them. If they don't win the Valley this year, when will they? I'm also predicting the Marker comes back to Brookings where it belongs. The Jacks have too much skill position talent on offense and some difference makers on defense aka Langer. When you start the former Rookie of the year as a Senior QB and have one of the best RB's in all of football - you should be rated #6. - Argue with me why not. I see the best Jacks team yet this year and that includes the first playoff year. The boys need to earn a conference ring, and then go far into the playoffs.

This is the year to believe. I defy you to argue with me.

Go Jacks!
    I like your positive outlook. I hope it is on target.

Comment

I hope so too, but am not getting too hyped up this early. Lots of replacements on both lines, a virtually impossible FBS game, a typically tough MVC schedule and a non-counter game could make for a tough year. If they get to the playoffs, they will have certainly earned it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
      Last edited by rabidrabbit; 05-30-2014, 07:23 AM. Reason: Mizzou game? If so, FBS

Comment

From my perspective, the key indicator on where this team will finish will be found in week #3. The Jacks travel to Cedar City to face a Southern Utah team that is also receiving rating votes. We should be 1-1 heading into this matchup with our two lines facing key tests. Our retooled offensive line will be facing a defensive line that features a returnining All-Big Sky selection and a Freshman All-American selection. SUU also returns key skill position players on offense. If Langer does not have help up front, it could be a shootout. SUU faces a tough test the week before us by traveling to Southeastern Louisianna. If they win that matchup, they will be full of confidence facing us at home.

If we make it through that first stretch at 5-1, our retooled lines will be seasoned to face what I believe is the conference favorite in UNI at Cedar Falls.

Developing some depth will also be key. We are thin in numbers at some positions, specifically on the o-line. A few key injuries could be the difference between competing for the MVFC and struggling for the middle of the pack.

Comment

Wasn't the first matchup against Nebraska considered impossible? Didn't the Huskers come in ranked 3rd, I for one won't count the Jacks out. I realize it is a tough task but I'll go with a positive mindset.

QUOTE=Southeast;254642]a virtually impossible FBS game

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk[/QUOTE]

Comment

Working...
          X