Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: TOWSON VS NDSU Frisco National Championship

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
    Craig Bull*hit and guys are doing it one final time. Lead Towson 21-7 at half
    Yep. Pretty Classy.

Comment

NDSU has a fine football team, a team that would have done well in FBS play this year. Towson was doing okay but the Bison just jumped down their throats on some mistakes. And, consistent with the way they've played for much of the season, they just keep grinding along playing nearly flawless football for the remainder of the game. While most teams degrade a little as the clock winds down, the Bison do not.

I think this was a special year for the Bison -- was it 24 seniors? -- and it they'll see a significant fall off next year. They won't be bad but they will not be going to Frisco. I'm already looking forward to getting those guys in Brookings.

One more thought: How about the field conditions? Turn a sharp corner and remove a square foot of turf.

Comment

Originally posted by JackJD View Post
        NDSU has a fine football team, a team that would have done well in FBS play this year. Towson was doing okay but the Bison just jumped down their throats on some mistakes. And, consistent with the way they've played for much of the season, they just keep grinding along playing nearly flawless football for the remainder of the game. While most teams degrade a little as the clock winds down, the Bison do not.

I think this was a special year for the Bison -- was it 24 seniors? -- and it they'll see a significant fall off next year. They won't be bad but they will not be going to Frisco. I'm already looking forward to getting those guys in Brookings.

One more thought: How about the field conditions? Turn a sharp corner and remove a square foot of turf.
        The field was ridiculous! Every step resulted in torn up turf.
        One hand points to campus...the other to the liquor store.

Comment

Originally posted by couger71 View Post
          Yep. Pretty Classy.
          Secretly, I was hoping for an upset, but did not happen, but the evil god of jealousy took over. Well the rest was not controllable.

Comment

Scandal that affected the game. I knew it was over for Towson when they were driving when it was 7-7 and their RB lost his footing at about the Bison 30 and he kicked up a tire-sized divot and fell down untouched. If he'd have gotten a first down there Towson would not have had to put their awful field goal team on the field.
            Bison were better team on any field, though. But you hate to see a championship game played under such deplorable conditions.

Comment

Originally posted by NoVaJack View Post
              Scandal that affected the game. I knew it was over for Towson when they were driving when it was 7-7 and their RB lost his footing at about the Bison 30 and he kicked up a tire-sized divot and fell down untouched. If he'd have gotten a first down there Towson would not have had to put their awful field goal team on the field.
              Bison were better team on any field, though. But you hate to see a championship game played under such deplorable conditions.
              Funny this did not happen to the NDSU defensive player who picked up the blocked FG attempt. He almost took it to the house.
              Last edited by Nidaros; 01-04-2014, 09:55 PM.

Comment

There has got to be a better place for SDSU to win the whole F-ing thing next year. Go Jacks!
                One hand points to campus...the other to the liquor store.

Comment

Thank God for CAS! The Bison have played on similar fields to Frisco! They should send us a thank you letter!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                  LET'S TAKE A TRIP TO BIRDLAND! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68-6O2mJhMw

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
                    Funny this did not happen to the NDSU defensive player who picked up the blocked FG attempt. He almost took it to the house.
                    Inside the hash marks was where the field issues were. The NDSU guy picked up the ball well outside the hash, unless I'm mistaken.

The field was horrible, and the hosts should be embarrassed.
                    “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

Originally posted by SF_Rabbit_Fan View Post
                      Inside the hash marks was where the field issues were. The NDSU guy picked up the ball well outside the hash, unless I'm mistaken.

The field was horrible, and the hosts should be embarrassed.
                      No you are not mistaken, the path he took appeared to be solid ground. I watched a replay on KELOLAND this morning. Technically the refs had to place the ball inside the hash marks so it was an equal opportunity to tear up the sod. It did not seem to slow John Crockett down.

Comment

I'm already looking forward to getting those guys in Brookings.
                        Unfortunately, have to wait for another year as we head back up there this fall. But I'm still excited about seeing how we match up there...although I hate the place (Fargodome that is).

Comment

Working...
                        X