TOWSON VS NDSU Frisco National Championship

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TOWSON VS NDSU Frisco National Championship

Rowdy and I started exchanging comments over in the BB Summit OOC league, which is not proper. I thought I would start a thread about NDSU attempt for a three peat. No doubt the Bison are hitting on all eight cylinders, and I would have loved to see a EWU vs NDSU match up. Both teams seem to have worn the Jacks down. After yesterday, I think we would have had problems with Towson as well.

I think next year, the Jacks are going to have to be high enough in the polls to earn a first round bye. It seemed to make a difference when we took on EWU.

Re: TOWSON VS NDSU Frisco National Championship

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
    Rowdy and I started exchanging comments over in the BB Summit OOC league, which is not proper. I thought I would start a thread about NDSU attempt for a three peat. No doubt the Bison are hitting on all eight cylinders, and I would have loved to see a EWU vs NDSU match up. Both teams seem to have worn the Jacks down. After yesterday, I think we would have had problems with Towson as well.

I think next year, the Jacks are going to have to be high enough in the polls to earn a first round bye. It seemed to make a difference when we took on EWU.
    If the Jacks didn't lose to MoSt they would have had a bye this year. Of course if an all american kicker doesn't blow a seemingly east FG the Jacks aren't in the playoffs at all.

I guess what I'm saying is that it doesn't matter what the "experts" rank the team if they don't perform.
    -South Dakotan by birth, a Jackrabbit by choice.

Comment

Back to the thread topic, I see a 20+ point Bison win. That team that played UNH on Friday was nasty. There wasn't anything I saw from either team on Saturday that would make me think they could have hung with NDSU. We all know how good the bison are against the run...
      -South Dakotan by birth, a Jackrabbit by choice.

Comment

That UNH game couldn't have started much better for the Wildcats. Bison showed the quality of play in shutting down UNH after the fumble. This is the same NDSU quality team that went into Kansas St. wore down those FBS Wildcats, and then methodically marched to a TD on an 8+ min drive. If there is a team that may be able to play with the Bison it would have to be a mirror image team that can do to the Bison what the Bison do to virtually everybody. Towson has that "look" on the offensive side. They are also the best of the CAA in defense. We Valley fans believe there is no defensive teams like the Valley teams. Towson will be the best match possible for the Bison. Still think Bison will wear down the Tigers, and win handily.

Comment

Originally posted by SoDakJack View Post
          We all know how good the bison are against the run...
          Yeah we got one zenner. Zenner is equal to four yards according Bisonville. Hopefully Zach will get on track next year in Fargo. I agree NDSU is deep and nasty on Defense. After seeing Towson rally in the last few minutes, they apparently are not quitters. But can that still be said after the NC game.

Comment

Originally posted by SoDakJack View Post
            Back to the thread topic, I see a 20+ point Bison win. That team that played UNH on Friday was nasty. There wasn't anything I saw from either team on Saturday that would make me think they could have hung with NDSU. We all know how good the bison are against the run...
            I thought the same thing. I was curious if Vegas had a line out on this game. Anyone know?
            Disclaimer: This post may contain assumptions and/or opinions related to Jackrabbit Athletics.

Comment

We'll see what Towson is made of. Its players and coaches will have to be real creative and play/coach the game of their lives and even then, the Bison will have to have some major hiccups in order for the matchup to be much of a game. If I had to guess, I agree with SoDakJack: 20+ Bison win. The game will be unofficially done by halftime.

Comment

I think it's closer than a lot of people on this board think. Towson has scrapped and found a way and played some tough teams.

Comment

42-10 blowout

Comment

Originally posted by NoVaJack View Post
                    I think it's closer than a lot of people on this board think. Towson has scrapped and found a way and played some tough teams.
                    That's what people said about Furman, and Coastal Carolina, and UNH. (and going back to last year's playoffs; us, Wofford, Georgia Southern and Sam Houston.

The reality is though, NDSU has proven time and again that they are heads and shoulders above the competition. I said it in the other thread, I'll say it again, I'll be shocked, SHOCKED if Towson plays them to within 17 pts.
                    "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

Originally posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
                      That's what people said about Furman, and Coastal Carolina, and UNH. (and going back to last year's playoffs; us, Wofford, Georgia Southern and Sam Houston.

The reality is though, NDSU has proven time and again that they are heads and shoulders above the competition. I said it in the other thread, I'll say it again, I'll be shocked, SHOCKED if Towson plays them to within 17 pts.
                      I never said that about any of them. Just saying Towson is playing like a team with house money and is not a slouch. They played LSU very, very tough in Baton Rogue last year. Thumped Connecticut this year. They are not a pushover and it's not in Farko.

Comment

They'll get killed. It may not be an overwhelming score but they won't be in it during the second half.
                        Originally posted by JackFan96
                        Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Originally posted by RabbitObsessed View Post
                          They'll get killed. It may not be an overwhelming score but they won't be in it during the second half.
                          I agree. I think the Bison win by 17 (34-17). They wrap up and tackle by far better than any team in the FCS. West might get 150, but that will be Towsons only offense.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                          LET'S TAKE A TRIP TO BIRDLAND! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68-6O2mJhMw

Comment

I've said this a couple of times over the past few seasons, but I'll say it again.

I have watched the SDSU Jackrabbits play many teams, and win or lose, they always battle up front. They are usually a dominant team in the trenches.

When we have played NDSU, at least the last 3 or 4 times (during this Bison run, no coincidence), I have never seen a team dominate the line of scrimmage against the Jackrabbits like the Bison have. Their defense is phenomenal. Possibly the best defense I've seen in college football. They are solid, fundamental, and they win one on one matchups pretty much every time.

I can't see anyone beating them. They send Bohl out as a 3 time National Champion.

Comment

Originally posted by da_coach View Post
                              I've said this a couple of times over the past few seasons, but I'll say it again.

I have watched the SDSU Jackrabbits play many teams, and win or lose, they always battle up front. They are usually a dominant team in the trenches.

When we have played NDSU, at least the last 3 or 4 times (during this Bison run, no coincidence), I have never seen a team dominate the line of scrimmage against the Jackrabbits like the Bison have. Their defense is phenomenal. Possibly the best defense I've seen in college football. They are solid, fundamental, and they win one on one matchups pretty much every time.

I can't see anyone beating them. They send Bohl out as a 3 time National Champion.
                              I'm of the opinion that NDSU is arguably a top 25 FBS team this year.

Amusingly, several AP poll voters were of the same opinion, as NDSU got 4 points in the "receiving votes" portion of the AP top 25 football poll. (I didn't know that when I started typing this post, but thought to look just for the heck of it).

http://espn.go.com/college-football/...poll/1/week/16

Others receiving votes: USC 74, Iowa 48, Miami (FL) 47, Vanderbilt 25, Texas 22, Cincinnati 11, Bowling Green 10, Washington 9, Rice 7, North Dakota State 4, Minnesota 2
                              "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Working...
                              X