Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Chris Klieman Named Head Coach at NDSU

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
    I think Stig is due a raise, especially for making two consecutive appearances in the playoffs in that alone, but as far as taking the Dakota Marker back, that will be a challenge. We play in Fargo, same kind of defense, some of the majors have left but their backups know the system. Zenner will have work to get more than one zenner* in rushing. In fact Eidness should be working on some new run plays that bison have not seen before. So a big challenge ahead of us.

* A zenner was defined on Bisonville as equal to 4 yards.
    Haha I'll believe it when i see it.

Comment

Originally posted by jack power View Post
      Haha I'll believe it when i see it.
      Yep. Guessing we will be running the same running play we ran this year.

Comment

Originally posted by MontanaRabbit View Post
        Yep. Guessing we will be running the same running play we ran this year.
        Seems to work allright against everyone except the 2 [3] time defending national champions. Just sayin'.
        “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

Originally posted by SF_Rabbit_Fan View Post
          Seems to work allright against everyone except the 2 [3] time defending national champions. Just sayin'.
          Might want to add Eastern Washington to that list. Held ZZ to 71 yards on 21 carries.

IMO, the coaching staff needs to incorporate a wrinkle or two.

Comment

Originally posted by JimmyJack View Post
            Stig makes $160,012

http://open.sd.gov
            That has to be just base salary, right? I'm thinking there are other incentives out there (Under Armour, etc.) that get paid outside of his base contract. This has probably been discussed before on this Board, but I'm feeling too lazy to look.

If $160k is really all he gets, he needs a new agent (if he even has one).

Comment

Originally posted by MontanaRabbit View Post
              Might want to add Eastern Washington to that list. Held ZZ to 71 yards on 21 carries.

IMO, the coaching staff needs to incorporate a wrinkle or two.
              Seems most teams allways have some sort of play calling to add that wrinkle yet seems we don't have anything in our back pocket. Save some new formations or game planning changes for ndsu or playoffs.
              "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by TK22867 View Post
                That has to be just base salary, right? I'm thinking there are other incentives out there (Under Armour, etc.) that get paid outside of his base contract. This has probably been discussed before on this Board, but I'm feeling too lazy to look.

If $160k is really all he gets, he needs a new agent (if he even has one).
                Camps? Radio show?

Good question, does anyone know?

As for beating NDSU next year, C'mon, show some faith! I believe!!! Top QB, Top RB, and Top WR in the League next year. We are due and it is time to go back to the days when SDSU was winning the marker on a fairly regular basis. NSDU lost their Head Coach/Leader. That will be hard for them to overcome based on other NCAA programs. Let alone all of the Seniors the Bison lost.

Jacks win the Marker next year!

Comment

The $160K includes all the state money he is paid. I'm guessing there are other private incentives like camps that he can use to supplement that.
                  Holy nutmeg!

Comment

Why were the details of Bohl's contract so well known, but no one seems to know anything about incentives for Stig?
                    "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

Originally posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
                      Why were the details of Bohl's contract so well known, but no one seems to know anything about incentives for Stig?
                      Possibly there are not that many incentives to mention. FCS football is such a different animal to the north than it is in Brookings. The playoffs in Fargo have become an annual ritual. They are expected to happen. Those expectations have a price.

Comment

Working...
                      X