Very good break for Blake Treinen

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Very good break for Blake Treinen

Have heard its likely that Thielbar will be sent down as well since he has minor league options and other guys don't.

Guessing both will be in the major before long though.

Comment

Well that would be logical for the Twins Caleb was one of the few bright spots on the team last year. There is, however, an article in the Pioneer Press today that indicates he is all but a lock to make the opening day roster. Hope they're right.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks-02 View Post
        Have heard its likely that Thielbar will be sent down as well since he has minor league options and other guys don't.

Guessing both will be in the major before long though.
        Twins sent down Tonkin, who would have been a direct competitor. Thielbar's relatively low salary helps keep him.

Comment

Originally posted by NoVaJack View Post
          Twins sent down Tonkin, who would have been a direct competitor. Thielbar's relatively low salary helps keep him.
          Correct me if I'm wrong (it's been awhile since I've followed baseball in any in-depth manner), but don't they pay him the same salary whether or not he is in the bigs? Or does he have performance level things written into his contract?
          Originally posted by JackFan96
          Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Originally posted by RabbitObsessed View Post
            Correct me if I'm wrong (it's been awhile since I've followed baseball in any in-depth manner), but don't they pay him the same salary whether or not he is in the bigs? Or does he have performance level things written into his contract?
            If he's in the bigs, he has to get at least the Major League minimum, which I'm guessing likely is higher than his contract. But I'm also guessing he's still under his minor-league original contract.

Edit: Looks like he's made the team and will make $510,000.
            Last edited by jacksfaninne; 03-26-2014, 02:53 PM.
            @JacksFanInNeb

I've always believed that if someone wants to run a country, he should know how to run a tractor first.
            --Steve Hartman, CBS Sunday

Comment

Originally posted by RabbitObsessed View Post
              He is making around Major League minimum while other potential competitors (Diamond?) are probably not.

Comment

Originally posted by jacksfaninne View Post
                If he's in the bigs, he has to get at least the Major League minimum, which I'm guessing likely is higher than his contract. But I'm also guessing he's still under his minor-league original contract.
                Yes and no. Correct about the minimum if in the big leagues. After that it gets complicated. If you are on the 40-man, it is a major league contract regardless of what level you are at. Lots of different pay scales but the one that applies here is the 60% rule. Since he had fairly significant time up last year, he must be paid at least 60% of last years earnings regardless of level.

You can google the collective bargaining agreement if you really want to get in depth with the different pay scales and have some time to kill.

Comment

Treinen had an outstanding start in his first Syracuse AAA start tonight. Leaves trailing 2-1 but both runs were unearned. 5IP, 3 hits, 0ER, 4ks, 2BBs, 34 strikes in 68 pitches.

Comment

Originally posted by Rabbitball View Post
                    Yes and no. Correct about the minimum if in the big leagues. After that it gets complicated. If you are on the 40-man, it is a major league contract regardless of what level you are at. Lots of different pay scales but the one that applies here is the 60% rule. Since he had fairly significant time up last year, he must be paid at least 60% of last years earnings regardless of level.

You can google the collective bargaining agreement if you really want to get in depth with the different pay scales and have some time to kill.

There is a minor league salary, which increases slightly the higher up you get. Once you are placed on the 40 man roster, I believe its right around $100K a year. Once you are in the majors you get your pro-rated major league minimum which is right at $500,000 for this year. Once you have major league experience you get more if you are placed back in the minors its that 60% thing, however you can agree to different contracts which is very confusing. I was reading where some will take a higher $ figure for the majors in exchange they take a lower figure in the minors.

Comment

http://www.masnsports.com/nationals-...e-pitches.html

Comment

There is a nice article in the KC Star today about Blake. He is at The K with the Nats.

His hometown is Osage City, KS. Sorry I can't attach it, hopefully someone can.

Go Jacks!!

Comment

Originally posted by Roy View Post
                          There is a nice article in the KC Star today about Blake. He is at The K with the Nats.

His hometown is Osage City, KS. Sorry I can't attach it, hopefully someone can.

Go Jacks!!
                          http://www.kansascity.com/sports/mlb...e75390342.html

Comment

Blake pitched the 9th today as the Nats blew out the Royals 13 - 2.

No hits, 1 walk, two K's. Threw 16 pitches 9 for strikes. ERA now 3.27

What a great day in front of a lot of family and friends!

Comment

Originally posted by Roy View Post
                              Blake pitched the 9th today as the Nats blew out the Royals 13 - 2.

No hits, 1 walk, two K's. Threw 16 pitches 9 for strikes. ERA now 3.27

What a great day in front of a lot of family and friends!
                              Way to go Blake, a good show.

Comment

Where did the season go. Just checked on Blake and he is on the Nationals roster for the playoffs. They are playing the Dodgers. He had a real solid season! 4-1 record, in 73 games, 67.0 innings pitched with an ERA of 2.28. Those sure look like good numbers to me. Go Blake (and Nationals)!

Comment

Working...
                                X