Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 1st Round at Northern Arizona 7 pm Nov 30th

Originally posted by Prairiehaas View Post
    Easy drives. I17 from Phoenix to Flagstaff. US93 & I40 from Las Vegas. Flagstaff is a nice town with good amenities. College town & ski town.
    I lived in Scottsdale for awhile, Flagstaff is a very easy drive and a beautiful part of the U.S. Elevation sickness is NOT a concern if you are otherwise healthy unless you plan to run 10 miles while visiting. If you have chronic heart or lung disease (especially if its severe) then talk to your doctor before heading into the mountains. The rest of us should dispose of any thoughts about it. Trust me, I know.

This is definitely a game the Rabbits should win. NAU has built their resume on the back of weaker big fluffy teams. Smack in the mouth, dominate the LOS, don't make stupid mistakes and head on to the next fluffy team from the BS conference.
    We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
      I lived in Scottsdale for awhile, Flagstaff is a very easy drive and a beautiful part of the U.S. Elevation sickness is NOT a concern if you are otherwise healthy unless you plan to run 10 miles while visiting. If you have chronic heart or lung disease (especially if its severe) then talk to your doctor before heading into the mountains. The rest of us should dispose of any thoughts about it. Trust me, I know.

This is definitely a game the Rabbits should win. NAU has built their resume on the back of weaker big fluffy teams. Smack in the mouth, dominate the LOS, don't make stupid mistakes and head on to the next fluffy team from the BS conference.
      Great post jackmd. I am sure our team is going to be ready. Control the LOS and you control the game.

Comment

Round trip on Allegiant from Grand Island to Mesa is $266 out Saturday, back Monday. I don't think my family would excuse me from Thanksgiving on Saturday, so I have to pass - but might be an option if I'm in Yankton or Kearney. Food for thought.

Comment

Welcome to Arizona Jacks Fans. Let me just say, we are super excited that the Jacks are coming to AZ. Flagstaff is a cool town. Some players will experience some altitude ajustments, but it shouldn't last. The WalkUp Skydome is a great venue. With 4 of the Jacks coming out of the Arizona area we couldn't be more excited about the teams arrival... If you can fly back Mon. Frontier Sat-Mon $388

GoJacks

Comment

Originally posted by rabidrabbit View Post
            Remember that this is Jackrabbits vs LumberJacks. Both teams are Jacks. Better to be Rabbits this week than Lumber. Let's run over, thru and around the wood Rabbits!
            Yeah that is one thing I noticed when I moved down there, I was wearing my SDSU Jacks shirt, while they were wearing their NAU Jacks shirt. Which has similar colors.

Comment

Last weekend I listened to the game on the radio, as ITC doesn't allow espn3.

Since I am unable to watch the "official" stream...is there a (cough) um, alternate...website I could go to that carries the game?

I know some people have linked them before.

If you would rather PM, that would be fine.

Thanks much.

Comment

Originally posted by da_coach View Post

Since I am unable to watch the "official" stream...is there a (cough) um, alternate...website I could go to that carries the game?

Thanks much.
                firstrowsports.eu

Tons of adds and popups. As long as you close out of all them your computer will be fine. If it tells you you need to download something, ignore it and then close out of the pop up. If you have an add blocker (https://adblockplus.org/en/chrome), the website will be much easier to navigate.

Hope that helps!
                Originally posted by JackFan96
                Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Thanks much.
                  http://firstrowus1.eu/sport/american-football.html is always worth a shot esp. with the game being on ESPN3
                  "This is your life and it's ending one minute at a time." -Tyler Durden

Comment

Need some advice from those who have been down the road of hooking up their computer to their big screen....

I have access to ESPN3 and for most of Saturday's game at YSU, the quality of the picture was good on my computer. I am thinking about hooking up the computer to my big flat screen TV. I'll use my laptop which has a DisplayPort as well as the usual VGA. I'm thinking about getting a DisplayPort to HDMI adapter and then, of course, HDMI cable to the big TV.

I've read here and there about problems getting audio with the connection I've described. Some have also noted that they could not utilize the big screen TV...picture size same as on the computer.

Suggestions?

Comment

Originally posted by JackJD View Post
                      Need some advice from those who have been down the road of hooking up their computer to their big screen....

I have access to ESPN3 and for most of Saturday's game at YSU, the quality of the picture was good on my computer. I am thinking about hooking up the computer to my big flat screen TV. I'll use my laptop which has a DisplayPort as well as the usual VGA. I'm thinking about getting a DisplayPort to HDMI adapter and then, of course, HDMI cable to the big TV.

I've read here and there about problems getting audio with the connection I've described. Some have also noted that they could not utilize the big screen TV...picture size same as on the computer.

Suggestions?
                      I just got Chromecast this weekend and have been real happy with it. $35 plus shipping from Amazon. Plug it into a HDMI port on your TV and you can cast anything from any computer or tablet on your wireless network to the TV. My son has used xbox, which has a direct ESPN3 ap and has been very happy with it.
                      USD Fan

Comment

This is how to do it:

Take your laptop or smartphone to a place that has an internet provider with access with ESPN3. Coffee shop, friend's house, etc...

Go to ESPN3.com, login, click on remote access, you should now be able use ESPN3 on any provider.

This past weekend I had to click to the game links on the main ESPN3 page to get the streams, it would NOT let me click 'Watch Now' even with remote access.

Hope that helps!

Thanks much.

Comment

Originally posted by jackbusiness09 View Post
                          This is how to do it:

Take your laptop or smartphone to a place that has an internet provider with access with ESPN3. Coffee shop, friend's house, etc...

Go to ESPN3.com, login, click on remote access, you should now be able use ESPN3 on any provider.

This past weekend I had to click to the game links on the main ESPN3 page to get the streams, it would NOT let me click 'Watch Now' even with remote access.

Hope that helps!

LOL I have done this... McDonald's Was the winner wifi for me

Comment

Does anybody have a link to the NAU message board?
                            One hand points to campus...the other to the liquor store.

Comment

Originally posted by ringthebells View Post
                              Does anybody have a link to the NAU message board?
                              This is all i found: http://www.bigskyfans.com/lumberjacks/viewforum.php?f=1

Comment

The WatchESPN app on my AppleTV works great for ESPN3 games. The YSU game was very nearly HD quality... not the fake HD of the Jacks' home broadcasts (they don't use HD cameras to generate the feed), but real HD. I love my AppleTV. It's really a great little gadget.
                                Holy nutmeg!

Comment

Working...
                                X