X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 1st Round at Northern Arizona 7 pm Nov 30th

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
    What's this all about?
    Children, gather round the fire and I shall tell ye the story of Mr. Bendo. Kriss Kross Applesauce please!

Once upon a time, there was a man named Mr. Bendo at Buck's Muffler shop on Cliff Avenue in Sioux Falls. He had to be repaired a year or so ago, and was all over the news. He is a Sioux Falls icon:

Mr Bendoh.jpg

During the playoff game, I spotted his brother just outside the end zone:

NAU Lumberjack.jpg

I believe they are both referred to as "Muffler Men".

My kids are scared to death of Mr. Bendo. They cover their heads when we drive by him.

Comment

Thanks Tk, I don't get to SF very much but you mentioned Cliff Ave, would this be close to Avera? I had no idea, but now I do.

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
        Thanks Tk, I don't get to SF very much but you mentioned Cliff Ave, would this be close to Avera? I had no idea, but now I do.
        Yes, Mr. Bendo resides on the east side of Cliff Avenue between Avera and Lewis Eastgate.

Comment

http://www.roadsideamerica.com/tip/4196

If you go to the link, they have a picture of the signed cast they cut off of his leg after he was hit by a drunk driver on St. Patrick's Day 2010. It's signed and everything...too funny.
          One hand points to campus...the other to the liquor store.

Comment

Originally posted by Theee Catrabbit View Post
            Stig has a lot of Gardenhire in him "Guy plays his tail off" Who cares? do they win? I did find it interesting Shoff and Langer both took the field as starters this year. I don't know if that would have happened a year ago even.....
            Respectfully Theee Catrabbit, I totally disagree with you. Does the name Cole Brodie ring a bell in your mind? Stig started him immediately his freshman year. Cole never even had a redshirt year.

Stig gets criticized which comes with the territory. He is a DI coach. It is big time football. He does not deserve this. The criticism for being "too loyal". Stig is trying to win now and in the future.

He does deserve the criticism for TOB. You can check my past posts as for how I feel about that subject. But TOB is in the past. TOB had talent and as was his personal choice, totally wasted it. I'd venture to guess that Stig learned from this and won't make the same mistake twice.

Comment

Originally posted by ringthebells View Post
              http://www.roadsideamerica.com/tip/4196

If you go to the link, they have a picture of the signed cast they cut off of his leg after he was hit by a drunk driver on St. Patrick's Day 2010. It's signed and everything...too funny.
              He has some what of a Burt Reynolds Look a like.

Comment

I chuckle reading negative comments about Stig. Sure, there are areas that could be improved upon.

When Stig arrived on campus, a good season was one in which we could beat both Augie and USD in the same season or finish above .500. We've been to the playoffs 3 times in 5 years, and are consistently ranked in the top 25. Think about that for a minute before getting too upset that he gave the "wrong" player playing time.
                “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

Stig relies on his Asst Coaches for determining playing time.....

Comment

Originally posted by SF_Rabbit_Fan View Post
                    I chuckle reading negative comments about Stig. Sure, there are areas that could be improved upon.

When Stig arrived on campus, a good season was one in which we could beat both Augie and USD in the same season or finish above .500. We've been to the playoffs 3 times in 5 years, and are consistently ranked in the top 25. Think about that for a minute before getting too upset that he gave the "wrong" player playing time.
                    Part of why Stig has had such success in the D1 era has been the hiring of a very talented staff. He has been able to bring people into the program that have moved it forward. More talent on the staff = better recruiting. Better recuiting = more competition. More competition = better players.

I get as frustrated with Stig as the next guy when it comes to the offensive philosophy. But, at the end of the day he has gotten us to the playoffs. But I can also see him falling victim to his own successes
                    -South Dakotan by birth, a Jackrabbit by choice.

Comment

Originally posted by SoDakJack View Post
                      Part of why Stig has had such success in the D1 era has been the hiring of a very talented staff. He has been able to bring people into the program that have moved it forward. More talent on the staff = better recruiting. Better recuiting = more competition. More competition = better players.

I get as frustrated with Stig as the next guy when it comes to the offensive philosophy. But, at the end of the day he has gotten us to the playoffs. But I can also see him falling victim to his own successes
                      I was going to post each coaches credentials prior to coming to SDSU, but it was too much. Read through the profiles on GoJacks.com, and you'll see Stig is VERY adept at finding diamonds in the rough for coaches. The staff is littered with former SDSU GA's, DII, and NAIA assistant/position coaches. 8 coaches have fewer than 3 years experience.
                      “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

Originally posted by SF_Rabbit_Fan View Post

Chuckle all you want. The person making the statement knows every fact you do and a whole lot more and has more influence than anyone posting in this message board (I am willing bet). The day the program is satisfied with "better than we were in DII" or "I suppose it could be worse, we could be USD" is the day the program is just that.

Stig has done an admirable job and should be given plenty of credit. His job is secure, the Jacks are in the playoffs and getting it right on and off the field. I am a big fan of Stigs but I'm a bigger fan of SDSU. My hope and my expectation is that Stig will decide when he no longer wants to be the head coach at SDSU.
                        We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Working...
                        X