Playoffs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Playoffs

I think the moderators should lock this thread until after the Youngstown game. Bad juju talking about playoffs before they are secured. Plus Stig wouldn't like it. No looking ahead for him - 1-0 every week.

Saturday is a playoff game. If they don't win, it is harder to make the case they deserve to be in the playoffs. Plus if they don't win Saturday, who can they really beat in the playoffs?

Sorry to be superstitious - but - I agree with Stig. Lets take it one game at a time.

Comment

Originally posted by tjbison View Post
      what will a new stadium change?
      What wouldn't it help?

I think a new stadium would change the size of our crowd. Easier to bid with confidence when you know you can get a lot more people to come. Come on, our stadium is all you guys bitch about We all agree a more fan friendly two-restroom and concession area environment will help with our attendance #'s. For the most part we win at home already. The gripe is usually no one wants to drive to Brookings and not have a tix(guess nobody has ever heard of the internet) and use a port-a-potty behind the bleachers. A new stadium attracts recruits as well. we may steal a few from NDSU, but definitely it should lock down South Dakota (we hope). Nothing more miserable I think than seeing Hermanson plating for Montana. Better recruits more wins, better situation going into playoffs. All theory of course but I think a pretty good one.
      With fans like this who needs enemas.....

Comment

Originally posted by Theee Catrabbit View Post
        What wouldn't it help?

I think a new stadium would change the size of our crowd. Easier to bid with confidence when you know you can get a lot more people to come. Come on, our stadium is all you guys bitch about We all agree a more fan friendly two-restroom and concession area environment will help with our attendance #'s. For the most part we win at home already. The gripe is usually no one wants to drive to Brookings and not have a tix(guess nobody has ever heard of the internet) and use a port-a-potty behind the bleachers. A new stadium attracts recruits as well. we may steal a few from NDSU, but definitely it should lock down South Dakota (we hope). Nothing more miserable I think than seeing Hermanson plating for Montana. Better recruits more wins, better situation going into playoffs. All theory of course but I think a pretty good one.
        When did you get the second "restroom"?

Comment

Originally posted by TransAmBison View Post
          "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

Originally posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
            You got me. :facepalm:

Comment

Ticket info for playoffs. SDSU is bidding for a home game. Gotta win at Youngstown first.

Greetings from SDSU Athletics!

As the Jackrabbit Football team heads into the final regular season game, we are excited about providing information regarding the potential for Jackrabbit Football post season play. South Dakota State has submitted bids to host playoff games. If we are awarded the bid to host any playoff game(s), season ticket holders will have the first opportunity to purchase their regular season tickets. This year’s 24 team playoff field will be announced live on ESPNU this Sunday, November 24th at 10:30 am CT, during the FCS Playoff Selection Show.

The dates of the single elimination playoffs are as follows:

First Round-November 30 (on-campus site)

Second Round-December 7 (on-campus site)

Quarterfinals-December 13 or 14 (on-campus site)

Semifinals-December 20 or 21 (on-campus site)

Championship-January 4 (Frisco, TX)

Ticket Information

All final ticket information will be sent to you via email on Sunday afternoon and online at GoJacks.com.

IF a Home Game - Season ticket holders have to purchase their regular season tickets by Tuesday, November 26th at 5pm. Any unclaimed tickets will be released to the general public to purchase beginning at 9am on Wednesday.

Season tickets can be claimed by logging onto your account and paying via credit card. You can also print your tickets at home for no fee. If you choose to not do the print at home option and pick up the tickets there will be an additional $2 fee. Due to the short turnaround time, no tickets will be mailed.

IF an Away Game - Season ticket holders and the general public will be able to purchase tickets through the Jackrabbit Ticket Office starting on Monday at 1:00 pm.

A limited number of tickets for a road playoff game will be available for purchase over the phone at 1.866.GOJACKS or in person at the Jackrabbit Ticket Office.

Priority Parking Passes and Tailgating

Priority parking passes and season tailgating passes will be valid for all playoff games held at Coughlin-Alumni Stadium.

Subsequent Rounds

Ticket protocol for any subsequent games will be similar to that listed above.

We thank you for your continued support of Jackrabbit Athletics and look forward to seeing you throughout this postseason run by your Jackrabbit Football team.
              We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Here is a link that states the NCAA will use the SRS as a tool for selecting teams for the playoffs - http://www.ncaa.org/wps/wcm/connect/...fcs+selections

Here is a link that purports to be the current SRS for non-FBS teams - http://www.footballperspective.com/n...#comment-58538

It has some interesting rankings, such as the #3 team is D2 Northwest Missouri State. I also posted the same on Any Given Saturday website and someone responded that the above link takes in margin of victory, which is does with a minimum margin of 7 points and a maximum margin of 24 points per game) where as the one used by the NCAA SRS system uses win-loss differential.
                USD Fan

Comment

Originally posted by TransAmBison View Post
                  Good one.
                  Holy nutmeg!

Comment

Just to show you how big of a "guess" it is predicting FCS brackets, College Sports Madness put together a bracket projection that has 5 MVC teams in the field. (NDSU, SDSU, YSU, SIU, UNI).

http://www.collegesportsmadness.com/...l/bracketology

TSN has only two in. (NDSU, SDSU).

I'm not sure how many MVC teams get in, but I would strongly bet against 5. If SDSU wins on Saturday, I would assume that 3 make it, but who knows with the selection committee. It could be just two. You'd think the best FCS conference in terms of GPI would have more than two teams in the field.

1-0 Saturday.
                    Last edited by YanktonJack7; 11-21-2013, 11:21 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
                      With a win at Youngstown there is no question that the Jacks go in as the #2 team from the Valley. It will be interesting if the Jacks lose to see if the committee will take a 7 win team to get 3 teams from the Valley , which has been ranked as the strongest conference in FCS all season. If they do take 3 teams , it would have to be the Jacks because even if SIU wins Saturday to get to 7 , one of their wins is a non-counter which would leave them with 6 wins. Expanding the field this year might help the Jacks if this happens.

How about UNI? If they win Sat, they have 7 wins. And one of them against Iowa St. There will be 13 at large teams. I think if the Jacks lose a close game they could still get in. What happens if Montana St beats Montana and So Utah beats No Ari, there will be 5 teams in the big sky with at least 8 wins. Will they get 5 teams in the playoffs? I went through and counted 24 teams that could be in the playoffs and i counted 5 Big Sky teams and still had the Jacks in. With a win over SE LA, i think its still possible to lose and get in the playoffs. However, lets just win and make it simple.

Also UNI beat Mcneese st by 5 TD's. McNeese is 2nd in the Southland 9-2 overall , behind SE LA. Im guessing McNeese, SE LA and Sam Houston will all go to the playoffs.
                      Last edited by mitchellrabbit; 11-21-2013, 05:26 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by mitchellrabbit View Post
                        How about UNI? If they win Sat, they have 7 wins. And one of them against Iowa St. There will be 13 at large teams. I think if the Jacks lose a close game they could still get in. What happens if Montana St beats Montana and So Utah beats No Ari, there will be 5 teams in the big sky with at least 8 wins. Will they get 5 teams in the playoffs? I went through and counted 24 teams that could be in the playoffs and i counted 5 Big Sky teams and still had the Jacks in. With a win over SE LA, i think its still possible to lose and get in the playoffs. However, lets just win and make it simple.

Also UNI beat Mcneese st by 5 TD's. McNeese is 2nd in the Southland 9-2 overall , behind SE LA. Im guessing McNeese, SE LA and Sam Houston will all go to the playoffs.
                        Let's not forget Southern Illinois. I believe they play Ind. State this weekend and with another win they end up 7-5 and beat both UNI and the Jacks.. Could they get in??????

Comment

Originally posted by common sense rabbit View Post
                          Let's not forget Southern Illinois. I believe they play Ind. State this weekend and with another win they end up 7-5 and beat both UNI and the Jacks.. Could they get in??????
                          One of their wins is a non-counter , so even with a win on Saturday they only will have 6 in the eyes of the committee

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
                            One of their wins is a non-counter , so even with a win on Saturday they only will have 6 in the eyes of the committee
                            One D-II team could be a counter this year. There is no way it counts as much as an FCS opponent, but it does count...

Comment

Seems like a game against Montana could get out of hand quickly with the way or secondary plays.
                              -South Dakotan by birth, a Jackrabbit by choice.

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
                                IF an Away Game - Season ticket holders and the general public will be able to purchase tickets through the Jackrabbit Ticket Office starting on Monday at 1:00 pm.
                                Maybe I'm just being snoody, but why don't season ticket holders get first crack at away game tickets, after the parents? I realize it is a quick turnaround for ticket sales during the playoffs, but even a 2-3 hour window for season ticket holders to call in and order tickets before the general public should suffice.

You would think that would be an added *bonus* for having season tickets.

I'm thinking of a potential matchup with NDSU in Fargo, in particular.

Comment

Working...
                                X