• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Playoffs

Originally posted by TK22867 View Post
    +1. Playoffs start Saturday.

Edit: Technically they started a few weeks ago
    Agree.

I say they go 1-0 the next two weekends.

Comment

Beat Youngstown and State is in!
      Disclaimer: This post may contain assumptions and/or opinions related to Jackrabbit Athletics.

Comment

Originally posted by MontanaRabbit View Post
        I believe Terry has said on many occasions that no Valley team with 7 D-1 wins has not been in the playoffs. Did that change last year?
        NDSU made it in 2010 and beat Robert Morris, Montana St before losing in OT to EWU who won it all
        BISON FOOTBALL

Comment

With SLU getting the Southland auto bid and Butler likely to get the Pioneer auto bid (based on GPI/SRS and San Diego's sudden ineligibility), Jacks OOC has two wins over playoff teams. Looks good for the selection committee. (Yeah, yeah I know, PFL...)

Comment

Today eleven of the top 25 lost!!! How crazy is that

Comment

With a win at Youngstown there is no question that the Jacks go in as the #2 team from the Valley. It will be interesting if the Jacks lose to see if the committee will take a 7 win team to get 3 teams from the Valley , which has been ranked as the strongest conference in FCS all season. If they do take 3 teams , it would have to be the Jacks because even if SIU wins Saturday to get to 7 , one of their wins is a non-counter which would leave them with 6 wins. Expanding the field this year might help the Jacks if this happens.

Comment

You know what would have really helped out the whole conference is if USD could have beaten Montana. We're sitting here hoping to get 3 schools in, the Big Sky is over there poised to maybe put 4 in. Which makes absolutely no sense when the Missouri Valley is the top ranked conference in the country. Could we make it with 7 based off of our record. Not sure. The Missouri state loss looms large, but they weren't a bad team as they've proven over the last few weeks. We are the MVC's only chance for a 3rd team. 1-0 or go home!
                With fans like this who needs enemas.....

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
                  With a win at Youngstown there is no question that the Jacks go in as the #2 team from the Valley. It will be interesting if the Jacks lose to see if the committee will take a 7 win team to get 3 teams from the Valley , which has been ranked as the strongest conference in FCS all season. If they do take 3 teams , it would have to be the Jacks because even if SIU wins Saturday to get to 7 , one of their wins is a non-counter which would leave them with 6 wins. Expanding the field this year might help the Jacks if this happens.
                  I'd bet the house - that if we beat YSU the Jacks are clearly in. Being rated in the top 25 all year with wins over SEL and Butler will help as well. I am glad we got SEL early in the year because they appear to be playing extremely well right now.

Its a good day to be a Jackrabbit.

GBGBGJ

Comment

Latest TSN Bracket Projection has us going to Montana in the first round. Yikes

Last week it had us hosting Northern Arizona, which would be great, since they're a dome team.

1-0 this week and we are in. Guaranteed.

Comment

Originally posted by YanktonJack7 View Post
                      Latest TSN Bracket Projection has us going to Montana in the first round. Yikes

Last week it had us hosting Northern Arizona, which would be great, since they're a dome team.

1-0 this week and we are in. Guaranteed.
                      Jacks vs Jacks? That's a mascot on mascot hate crime........

I think I've(and others) said on here before around this time: Get ready to be shuffled off to one of the Montanas every year and then a second round crack at NDSU. New stadium will be a game-changer in this area and a few more wins wouldn't hurt either.

This year ideally we should have beat SIU or MSU. I still say even after we beat the 'guins both clubs will get in. You can't disregard two 8-4 teams from the best conference in the country, that's plain ludicrous. Also, remember they practically had to create reasons for us not to be in last year in committee and what happened? We destroyed EIU. Missouri Valley football is simply better, no cream puffs like the rest of the conferences to help pad stats and records.
                      With fans like this who needs enemas.....

Comment

Playing Montana would not be a bad thing. USD showed how Montana could be beat -- the Griz ran a kickoff back at the end of the game to beat USD at USD but USD game them a very good game.

This year's Montana team has a different coaching staff compared to the last time when we all wished football had only three quarters of play. Montana is playing well but I am firmly convinced, and the stats seem to bear it out, that a good MVFC team like SDSU is better than a good Big Sky team like Montana. Montana's home-field is certainly an advantage but I don't think that will phase this group of Jackrabbits.

Now back to focusing on 1-0 this weekend. Have to beat Youngstown! I don't think seven wins will get us in but eight will.

Comment

Originally posted by Theee Catrabbit View Post

I think I've(and others) said on here before around this time: Get ready to be shuffled off to one of the Montanas every year and then a second round crack at NDSU. New stadium will be a game-changer in this area and a few more wins wouldn't hurt either.

This year ideally we should have beat SIU or MSU. I still say even after we beat the 'guins both clubs will get in. You can't disregard two 8-4 teams from the best conference in the country, that's plain ludicrous. Also, remember they practically had to create reasons for us not to be in last year in committee and what happened? We destroyed EIU. Missouri Valley football is simply better, no cream puffs like the rest of the conferences to help pad stats and records.

I've been to all the games and the SDSU that showed up Saturday is better than both NAU and Montana. You're in good shape either way

Comment

I would guess you guys would want the Montana game...for payback...

Comment

Originally posted by Theee Catrabbit View Post

what will a new stadium change?
                              BISON FOOTBALL

Comment

Originally posted by tjbison View Post
                                what will a new stadium change?
                                Maybe better chances to host, plus drawing larger crowds.

Comment

Working...
                                X