Exhibition GDT SDSU vs DWU

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Exhibition GDT SDSU vs DWU

The Jacks got what they wanted out of last night. Coach said it post game. A chance to knock the rust off.

Hats off to DWU for a good first half. They were putting in threes from everywhere.

As for the Jacks:
    1. They are big. That's the first time at D1 level we can say that. A very imposing starting lineup (ok, against DWU only accentuated that).
    2. Athleticism all over the place.
    3. Brayden was fantastic at the point last night. Poised, under control, scored when we needed him too, and was a leader. Coach talked about how proud of him he is.
    4. Heemstra played well. Made a lot of nice moves, some great passes, and defended well. If he stays out of foul trouble he will be a huge factor for us.
    5. Larson struggled a bit but that is to be expected in his first game in 2+ years. Make no mistake, he was a huge presence on the defensive end and displayed a lot of skill. Once he becomes comfortable he will be a beast. We've never had an athlete like that under the basket. I couldn't have been more impressed by his postgame interview. He seems genuinely excited about the opportunity and talked about the biggest thing about coming here was the love the coaches have for their players both on and off the court.
    6. Chad White looked good to me. Was aggressive offensively. He has a ton of talent. We need it on a consistent basis. If he has a big year the Jacks will be awesome!
    7. The team struggled at the line.

At the end of the day, it looked like we struggled quite a bit. I like the idea of struggling and putting up 96 points. Defensively they have the potential to be very special. Everyone has the ability to score so not worried about point production. Nagy has a chance to get back to the hard-nosed defensive teams he was famous for which will create a lot of opportunity in transition.

All that said, meh, it was DWU. We will know a lot more about this team after the trip to San Diego next week for a couple tough games. I'm excited and like our chances.

It's going to be a fun year in Frost Arena. BTW- if you don't have season tickets, what the hell are you waiting for? This is going to be another special year!

SUPERBUNNY
    MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, BIZUN!!!

Comment

Originally posted by jackdaniel View Post
      I'm not a radio person, and don't know much about their equipment,but they could do a better job synchronizing the audio and video so they occur at the same time.Should be pretty basic stuff for broadcasting media one would think.

If you use Google Chrome as your browser, instead of Internet Explorer, everything was synched up and audio was fine too.
      Go Big, Go Blue, Go Jacks!!!

Comment

Originally posted by SDSU16 View Post
        If you use Google Chrome as your browser, instead of Internet Explorer, everything was synched up and audio was fine too.
        Thanks,I'll make the switch next time...keep the tips comming...a lot of us need them.

Comment

As I looked over the stats, the one that jumped out was the FG%. I did not realize the Jackrabbits had shot that well. 58% is very nice. It was a game that started to bring a new look to the team.. Jordan(playing as a 3) had to chase after a guy that was jumping beyond the 3 pt line taking shots. It had the same look of Jordan in the past taking long shots while his defensive guy wanted to stay closer to the paint. The team as a whole seemed to have some problems picking up defense around the screens for those shots. The second half must had some adjustments as the number of shots was less and the percentage was much lower. The second half also had Cody looking more confident with some post moves. Marcus and Brayden looked very comfortable and confident with their play. Of course Chad can shoot from anywhere, but he occasionally lost his man on defense. The rest of the players are looking for their role. Anders looked to pass more than shoot even though he more open looks after his first shot was an air ball. He had a nice floater. Zach had some solid quality minutes as well. Jake was solid, but his defense broke down a few times as well. Overall it was a good start for the 2013-14 edition of Jackrabbit basketball. There should be considerable improvement by conference time. The Tigers found the hand check and holding calls are going to be called. They had some trouble with the quicker Jackrabbits on defense.
          Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

I know it's against DWU, but one of the more impressive stats of the night has to be Heemstra with 0 fouls. Hopefully, that's a good sign for the rest of the year.
            "This is your life and it's ending one minute at a time." -Tyler Durden

Comment

DWU shot lights-out the first half, making about a dozen threes. Even so, the Jacks led by 4 at halftime. DWU cooled down the second half, made only a couple more threes, and the Jacks pulled away. I loved the size of the Jacks' starting lineup: 6-4, 6-6, 6-8, 6-9 and 6-9. Carlson handled the ball well, and Bittle and Broman contributed valuable minutes at guard. Jacobson and Josh White played for several minutes, too. Larson jumped the opening tip for the Jacks. It's easy to see that he will be a great addition to the team, especially on defense and rebounding. Just give him a couple more games. By tourney time, this will be a very good team, maybe the Jacks' best ever.
              This space for lease.

Comment

Originally posted by 1bunnies View Post
                Larsen is going to add much needed strength under the basket. He looks like he hasn't played in a few years. He's going to be okay. Believe we will be deeper this year. Devine has a ways to go yet. Broman looked nervous. I think he is going to being okay too. Who needs Nate Wolters when Brayden is running the show.
                Carlson did a nice job going to the hoop against 6 ft 2 slow kids. Really had a nice game but give me Wolters anytime you want. Jacks continue to stuggle defending the three. It always seems like someone goes off on us several times each year.

GBGBGJ

Comment

I have an uneducated opinion on this team. I have a feeling that they can keep the home winning streak going all season, but wins on the road are going to be tough to come by. All that matters will be the Summit tourney.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                  LET'S TAKE A TRIP TO BIRDLAND! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68-6O2mJhMw

Comment

Working...
                  X