Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

AJ comment at Mitchell QB Club last Wednesday...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: AJ comment at Mitchell QB Club last Wednesday...

Originally posted by NorCalJack View Post
    But they have not made the NCAA tourney in baseball since they left, so playing in a tough conference has its draw backs. ORU is use to winning conference championships and when they don't win them, the fans begin to question the program.
    Fair points. Hope it's enough to bring em back.

Comment

But they have not made the NCAA tourney in baseball since they left, so playing in a tough conference has its draw backs. ORU is use to winning conference championships and when they don't win them, the fans begin to question the program.
      They havent made the NCAA tourney in baseball since they left, which is all of one year.

Comment

They like to have the basketball win as well. It may be more difficult without Luper and Bingham on the women's team. The men may also have trouble with the current competition.
        Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

AJ in Yankton today. Maybe a few more tidbits will be out.
          Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Eastern Illinois could fit very well into the MVFC/Summit hybrid. Football team is solid and would fit nicely in the Valley. In basketball with IUPUI, WIU, IPFW they help that portion of the footprint as well in the Summit. I think they are a solid contender, I'd probably bet $5 on it. Douple and Viverito are pretty smart forward thinking people that have realized they can work together to solidify one another's league.
            With fans like this who needs enemas.....

Comment

Originally posted by OldHare View Post
              AJ in Yankton today. Maybe a few more tidbits will be out.
              Efforting to make it to the Elk's lodge for the Yankton QB club meeting at noon.
              We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Made it for AJ's appearance. He commented that he no longer worries about the Summit League remaining viable. He said a few years back he did worry about it, no longer a concern. He would not comment on any specifics.

Excited about the leadership on the team. Expecting to be very good but playing a tough schedule. The freshman Ober and Young are as talented and ready for DI play as any players he has ever recruited. 16 OOC games against a very tough schedule. 14 conference games against a mores solid Summit league from top to bottom. Should have the team ready for post-season play but might make the record worse than previous years.
                We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

Comment

Did AJ mention how Tara Heiser was recovering from the concussion?

Comment

Originally posted by OldHare View Post
                    Did AJ mention how Tara Heiser was recovering from the concussion?
                    I wasn't even aware she had a concussion. He mentioned that she is expected to provide leadership and contribute especially on the defensive end.

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
                      I wasn't even aware she had a concussion. He mentioned that she is expected to provide leadership and contribute especially on the defensive end.
                      It was incurred in practice and kept her from competing in second exhibition game.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks#1Fan View Post
                        Don't rule out ORU coming back. I know they wanted in the Southland, but while I have no hard information, I do have a reasonable source that indicated they made an inquiry to the conference as to the possibility of their getting back to the Summit.
                        We must have a similar source. Word has it they don't like playing basketball on the road in front of 200 people a night

Comment

Originally posted by Rabbitball View Post
                          We must have a similar source. Word has it they don't like playing basketball on the road in front of 200 people a night
                          If you deduct ORU's inflated attendance numbers,the other 9 members averaged 1477 last year. The Summit average was 2080.

Comment

I exaggerate. But I have a sneaking suspicion the atmospheres aren't the same as you might find in the summit even with our fair share of duds. And we were a better basketball conference even without denver. That's kind of a big deal to a school that doesn't have football. As was stated earlier, winning in baseball is a big deal to them too, especially if they see that the baseball situation is going to be solidified in the near future.

ORU is coming back, I'd put money on it. But if not, I'll take my crow wrapped in bacon and fried

Comment

Mmmm.... bacon.
                              I am Ed. Fear me.

Comment

Originally posted by Rabbitball View Post
                                I exaggerate. But I have a sneaking suspicion the atmospheres aren't the same as you might find in the summit even with our fair share of duds. And we were a better basketball conference even without denver. That's kind of a big deal to a school that doesn't have football. As was stated earlier, winning in baseball is a big deal to them too, especially if they see that the baseball situation is going to be solidified in the near future.

ORU is coming back, I'd put money on it. But if not, I'll take my crow wrapped in bacon and fried
                                I hope you're right. I think it would be great.

Comment

Working...
                                X