Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

AJ comment at Mitchell QB Club last Wednesday...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AJ comment at Mitchell QB Club last Wednesday...

Was talking to a coworker tonight who happened to be in Mitchell last Wed. He said AJ (The guest speaker) made a comment along lines of several schools are looking at the Summit right now and figured the news would be good this spring to solidify the league... my friend suggested up to as many as four? schools

Any Mitchell fans there that can expand on what was said? confirm? Deny? etc... just trying to get more info. It was a very reliable source btw.

Re: AJ comment at Mitchell QB Club last Wednesday...

Definitely interested to hear some possible candidates as well. Hope at least a few are current d1 members. Good to see we arent looking at staying with 8 for long.

Comment

Originally posted by gojacksgo View Post
      Definitely interested to hear some possible candidates as well. Hope at least a few are current d1 members. Good to see we arent looking at staying with 8 for long.
      The names must be coming close to the surface if AJ is referring to candidates talking to the conference and indicating a timeline as well. It would be good if the decisions would be made before the basketball tourney in Sioux Falls. It might give a push on ticket sales for the 2015 Summit League Tournament in the new facility. Douple would be encouraged to see a good outlook for 2015 as well as the City of Sioux Falls.
      Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

That's awesome if true!
        Originally posted by JackFan96
        Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

I agree the Summit needs teams, but where would they come from, the WAC? There is nobody that desirable in the WAC besides maybe NMSU and Seattle. UMKC should be rejected if they try to get back in.
          LET'S TAKE A TRIP TO BIRDLAND! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68-6O2mJhMw

Comment

Originally posted by 2002jack View Post
            I agree the Summit needs teams, but where would they come from, the WAC? There is nobody that desirable in the WAC besides maybe NMSU and Seattle. UMKC should be rejected if they try to get back in.
            I just heard that AJ will be here in Yankton on Wednesday, November 6th to speak to our QB Club. The meetings are at noon at the Elks. Hopefully we can get a bunch of Jackrabbits there.
            LET'S TAKE A TRIP TO BIRDLAND! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68-6O2mJhMw

Comment

New Mexico State would be great. No doubt there. Maybe Little Rock like someone thought earlier. Idk they could bring in some really bad programs very easily.

My ideal teams would be NMSU and UND. You combine NMSU with Denver and that's a legit boost. Throw a few facility upgrades to the Dakota's and the Events Center in Sioux Falls and you're set.

Comment

Heck throw the Summit tourney out in Denver every now and then, keeping them happy. It'd be a fun place to trip to for sure.

Comment

Just hope whichever schools join the Summit have baseball programs!!

Comment

Originally posted by discoDancinJackrabbit View Post
                    Heck throw the Summit tourney out in Denver every now and then, keeping them happy. It'd be a fun place to trip to for sure.
                    NO!!!

Comment

Originally posted by mitchellrabbit View Post
                      NO!!!
                      Mitchell to Denver is under 9 hours. Easy as pie once every few years.

Comment

Mitchell to Denver is under 9 hours. Easy as pie once every few years.

I suppose......If it keeps them happy

Comment

Originally posted by mitchellrabbit View Post
                          I suppose......If it keeps them happy
                          I'm selfish I like my 10 minutes drive. But I could think or worse places then denver.
                          "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Why? So we can show a lot of empty seats on TV? I live in Colorado, having the tourney 4 hours from home would be fun; but no one would show up.

Comment

You need to come home for the Tourney this or the next spring 29. I think you would enjoy.
                              You know that you're over the hill when your mind makes a promise that your body can't fill. - L. George

Comment

Working...
                              X