X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: NDSU FANS?

Originally posted by Bison Fan in NW MN View Post
    This here.

McFooley is trying to get ratings. I have not heard booing this year or any year except in 09 there was some but they should be ashamed of themselves.

Yes, NDSU has had a nice run with this senior class but the cupboard will not be empty next year. I fully expect the Bison to be in the running for the MV conference title.
    You got to have a bunch of guys who are soph and jrs and have not seen the field yet but are very capable. SDSU looses 17 seniors and NDSU Looses 22, not a big difference. Though you might lose more main cogs in your machine, I feel they are replaceable. Even a worst case scenario with that petition incident, those involved were dismissed from the team, I think NDSU would still be on top. Don't ask how, but your recruiters have been making very good choices for the last few years.
    Last edited by Nidaros; 10-20-2013, 08:31 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by RabbitObsessed View Post
      I'll bet money that those athletes masquerading as basketball players don't go dancing.* You're all aware that playing basketball is actually a skill necessary to winning basketball games right? Can't just put 5 good athletes out there that can't shoot. Seems obvious, but from watching Saul-coached teams, I'm not sure if he knows that. Let's pass the ball around for 30 seconds and then take a terrible shot! No wonder no one comes to your games. Combine that ****ty arena with the ****ty brand of offensive basketball and I'd avoid the **** out of it too. What does your marketing department do? "Come watch the Bison! If we score 60, everyone gets free hot dogs!"

Also, did Kory Brown develop an offensive game this summer? A jumper? You guys had cheerleaders that were worrying defenses more than him last year.

*Obviously the football team will win 3 straight and I hate that. ****ers.
      Who was picked to win the Summit this upcoming season with three first teamers and the preseason player of the year?

Comment

Originally posted by HandoEX View Post
        Who was picked to win the Summit this upcoming season with three first teamers and the preseason player of the year?
        Start cutting down the nets then and hang up the banner. You guys can put it in the same place Oral Roberts put their preseason banner from two years ago.
        Originally posted by JackFan96
        Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Originally posted by RabbitObsessed View Post
          Start cutting down the nets then and hang up the banner. You guys can put it in the same place Oral Roberts put their preseason banner from two years ago.
          Meh, our fans have no reason to look be too concerned with a sport that hasn't even started yet. The Bison are looking to add another National Championship in football.

Comment

Meh, our fans have no reason to look be too concerned with a sport that hasn't even started yet. The Bison are looking to add another National Championship in football.
            Because your basketball team will stink it up as usual. Just like our football team.

At least we have womens basketball. Take that. Just kidding obviously you guys are favs for good reason but those same players couldn't get it done last year and have never really played well in sioux falls where it counts.
            "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

McFeely is a good columnist. He doesn't routinely kiss Bison rump.
              PS: NDSU probably will win a third FCS championship this year, but the Bison won't be dancing. That honor will go to the Jacks, who will return to the men's NCAA tourney for the third year in row. All those returning Bison starters we're hearing so much about probably will be sitting in BWW before the Summit tourney is over, watching the championship game on TV.
              This space for lease.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacked_Up View Post
                McFeely is a good columnist.
                I'm a Stu Whitney fan myself. That guy is always fair and just.

McFeeley's job is to stir the pot. I've never heard of anyone calling him a "good columnist". Were you being serious?

Comment

I'm a Stu Whitney fan myself. That guy is always fair and just.

McFeeley's job is to stir the pot. I've never heard of anyone calling him a "good columnist". Were you being serious?
                  An enemy of your enemy is your best friend. I like both guys. Stu does not do talk radio. McFeeley does and is enjoyable to listen too. Some NDSU fans have become spoiled. Whether they boo or not, I can not vouch. I know NDSU have high expectations.

Comment

If an hour a week counts as a regular, Stu is a regular on 12:30 AM sports-talk radio in Sioux Falls. He likes to "stir the pot," too.
                    This space for lease.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacked_Up View Post
                      If an hour a week counts as a regular, Stu is a regular on 12:30 AM sports-talk radio in Sioux Falls. He likes to "stir the pot," too.
                      McFooley has a three hour show on KFGO and writes a blog for KFGO. He has since left the Fargo Forum and been gone for some time. His show involves all sorts of political and local issues, and occasional sports. I think the NDSU Fans remember more for the things he said at the Forum than they do for what he says daily on KFGO. McFeely had TV on his show the day before the NDSU-SDSU Game, and McFeeley thought the Bison would win. He wasn't wrong there.

I agree Stu loves to stir the pot, and he does not seem to pay homage to anyone.

Comment

Will the SDSU fans stick around in Sioux Falls to watch Denver vs NDSU this year???

Guess you always got women basketball to hang your hat on.

Comment

Originally posted by BisonBohl View Post
                          Will the SDSU fans stick around in Sioux Falls to watch Denver vs SDSU this year???

Obviously

Comment

Will the SDSU fans stick around in Sioux Falls to watch Denver vs NDSU this year???

Saul's won, what, two SL tourney games with his own recruits? Lot of precedent there. Took WIU injuries for the second win to happen too. Bison Basketball: catch the fever! (but don't score)
                            Originally posted by JackFan96
                            Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

I sure will. What color is Denver, so i know what to wear?

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
                                You got to have a bunch of guys who are soph and jrs and have not seen the field yet but are very capable. SDSU looses 17 seniors and NDSU Looses 22, not a big difference. Though you might lose more main cogs in your machine, I feel they are replaceable. Even a worst case scenario with that petition incident, those involved were dismissed from the team, I think NDSU would still be on top. Don't ask how, but your recruiters have been making very good choices for the last few years.

Yes, NDSU will have some growing pains next year for sure. 22 seniors will be hard to replace but the FR class last year was real good and this coming recruiting class looks like it could be a good one also.

What is really interesting is that this NDSU team is 1 open field fumble with no one around him and a pick 6 away from having a 37 game winning streak.

Another cool recruiting fact is that both SDSU and NDSU are looking at a kid here in my hometown.

Comment

Working...
                                X