Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ndsu

Originally posted by JimmyJack View Post
    NDSU hasn't lost on the road in almost three years. That said, it's a rivalry game. Anything can happen.
    December 2010 in Cheney WA, in OT

to be exact, in fact since then our only 2 losses have come at home
    BISON FOOTBALL

Comment

Originally posted by Jacked_Up View Post
      The Jacks' O-line can handle Bison D-line.

Let's hope the way this is done is a bit "cleaner" than the first game last year. I have gone back and looked at that play again, and honestly, I still shake my head in disappointment as SDSU is not that kind of team.

Comment

Originally posted by THEsocalledfan View Post
        Let's hope the way this is done is a bit "cleaner" than the first game last year. I have gone back and looked at that play again, and honestly, I still shake my head in disappointment as SDSU is not that kind of team.
        I don't really give a .... if you're disappointed or not. Maybe you should stick to whining to our AD about porta-potties.

Comment

Originally posted by jack power View Post
          I don't really give a .... if you're disappointed or not. Maybe you should stick to whining to our AD about porta-potties.

Getcha some.

Comment

Here are the actual NCAA rules on blocking below the waist: http://www.ncaapublications.com/prod...loads/FR14.pdf

Blocking Below Waist
            ARTICLE 2. a. A block below the waist is a block in which the force of the initial contact is below the waist of an opponent who has one or both feet on the ground. When in question, the contact is below the waist (Rule 9-1-6).
            b. A blocker who makes contact above the waist and then slides below the waist has not blocked below the waist. If the blocker first contacts the opposing player’s hands at the waist or above, it is a legal “above the waist’’ block (Rule 9-1-6).

ARTICLE 6. a. Team A prior to a change of team possession: Consider a low-blocking zone seven yards on each side of the snapper extending five yards beyond the neutral zone and back to Team A’s end line (Rule 2-3-7 and Appendix D).
            1. The following Team A players may legally block below the waist inside this zone until the ball has left the zone: (a) players on the line of scrimmage completely within this zone at the snap and (b) stationary backs who at the snap are at least partially inside the tackle box and at least partially inside the frame of the body of the second lineman from the snapper. (A.R. 9-1-6-V)
            2. Players not covered in paragraph 1 (above) while the ball is still in the zone, and all players after the ball has left the zone, are allowed to block below the waist only if the force of the initial contact is from the front, but they may not block below the waist if the force of the initial contact is from the side or back. “From the front” is understood to mean within the clock-face region between “10 o’clock and 2 o’clock” forward of the player being blocked. (A.R. 9-1-6-I-II, IV, VII-VIII)
            3. Once the ball has left the zone a player may not block below the waist toward his own end line. (A.R. 9-1-6-III)
            4. Players not covered in paragraph 1 (above) may not block below the waist toward the original position of the ball at the snap.
            From the replay you watched, both players were clearly within the required 14x5 yard zone. The ball never left this zone (maybe 3 yard gain by Zenner). The force of contact was from the front. edit The players were engaged prior to the block below the waist.

Whatever keeps a chip on your shoulder, I guess...
            “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

Alright, I want to see the play. Where can I watch it?
              Disclaimer: This post may contain assumptions and/or opinions related to Jackrabbit Athletics.

Comment

Originally posted by SDSUAlum08 View Post
                Alright, I want to see the play. Where can I watch it?
                "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

That's a cheap shot? The NDSU player didn't seem to mind. He trotted of the field just like any other play. If it was, I'm sure Stig corrected it with the player when reviewing game film.

Now Suh diving at the back of Sullivan's knees? THAT is a cheap shot.

My biggest concern for Saturday is NDSU's power run game. If the defense is anything like Nebraska, Jensen might not even need to throw a pass.

Comment

Take this crap back to your board. Dozens of Bison fans have even said the play was clean...all offensive linemen cut their defenders. Ask Eric Schroeder, D tackle at SDSU a few years back, how his experience is with the Bison o'line and cut blocks. It's part of the game and it is too bad that Perry got hurt, but to hear the pompous attitudes, whining, and encouraging from some Bison fans that a clean form of payback is coming is just dumb.
                    "I'd like to thank the good Lord for making me a Yankee." - Joe D.

Comment

Ugh, not this again.

As long as chop blocks are legal (which I think they should NOT be), Parker's block on Perry was NOT a cheap shot. Perry was not engaged with another blocker at the time and it was from his front on a play he was trailing. Parker's back was to the ball as well, so he could not be sure if Perry was going to be able to make a play on the ball carrier or not, and he was within the rules to make that block in that situation.

If you think playing to the whistle is a cheap shot, don't be a hypocrite and get after your own linemen for doing so, as I promise you that you'll see Bison linemen being excessive in their blocking as well.
                      If you think nobody cares about you, try missing a couple of payments.
                      - Steven Wright

Comment

Is there a high school game scheduled for Friday night at Coughlin ? Accuweather shows Brookings getting just over an inch of rain on Friday. Saturday is supposed to be cloudy , but dry , with a high of 63. A messy field could help the Jacks with the Bison used to playing on turf.

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
                          Is there a high school game scheduled for Friday night at Coughlin ? Accuweather shows Brookings getting just over an inch of rain on Friday. Saturday is supposed to be cloudy , but dry , with a high of 63. A messy field could help the Jacks with the Bison used to playing on turf.
                          Yep, looks like SF Lincoln is coming to town.
                          "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

Originally posted by SF_Rabbit_Fan View Post
                            Here are the actual NCAA rules on blocking below the waist: http://www.ncaapublications.com/prod...loads/FR14.pdf

From the replay you watched, both players were clearly within the required 14x5 yard zone. The ball never left this zone (maybe 3 yard gain by Zenner). The force of contact was from the front. edit The players were engaged prior to the block below the waist.

Whatever keeps a chip on your shoulder, I guess...
                            You mean the rules apply in this case? Oh boy, what are the "boys" on BV going to whine about now? Anyone who has actually played FB will tell you that the play was in no way a cheap shot.

Comment

Yeah, work with an Bison fan. He started whining about that play about 1:30 Monday afternoon. God knows no NDSU player could get hurt unless it was a cheap shot. He professes to be worried, but he's just hedging his bet in case there's an upset. If you can believe it (and I can), he said he expects the Bison fans to be even more obnoxious than usual...readily admits it, actually. The GameDay experience ramped up the level of annoyance another seven or so levels, apparently. I will, by God, pray for a victory. But I think it's a long shot.
                              Grumbling along and embracing my role. If I didn't care, I wouldn't care. Go Jacks!

Comment

The Homer side of me is thinking...we have a great running back, a good quarterback, have a nice win streak going at home, and are playing a team that is due to have an off game. Also the fact that it's a rivalry game, and you never know what could happen.

The Football fan side of me...who likes to watch line play, and execution...is very worried. This NDSU team is probably better than the last 2, and they won they national title.

Last year, week in and week out, I saw our O-Line Blow open holes for Zenner against everyone...except NDSU. They dominated at the line of scrimmage. I'm afraid of this result again.

But, I'll be there, and I'll be cheering loud. Go Jacks! Give em heck.

Comment

Working...
                                X