nebraska GDT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: nebraska GDT

I'm going to watch it again (and again, and again) .... I think the contact is before the ball is released but even if it was not, it was no where near the pass. What's the difference between Schneider's contact and a guy two feet away blocking?

Comment

Originally posted by JackJD View Post
      I'm going to watch it again (and again, and again) .... I think the contact is before the ball is released but even if it was not, it was no where near the pass. What's the difference between Schneider's contact and a guy two feet away blocking?
      If the contact was made to a defensive back on the play,isn't it a block?Especially no where near where the pass was intended to go,to a totally different reciever?

Yea,this makes no sense to me either.

Offensive pass interference is where the intended reciever can't catch the ball,and it looks as though the DB is going to intercept,so he knocks him down,or ,otherwise commits offensive pass interference.If a guys blocked out of the play,well that's whats supposed to happen in football....right?
      I don't think offensive pass interference can be called on someone who isn't the intended reciever,can it?Which would've had to been Cam Jones on that pass play,but he caught it without anyone near him???
      Last edited by jackdaniel; 09-24-2013, 10:58 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by jackdaniel View Post
        If the contact was made to a defensive back on the play,isn't it a block?Especially no where near where the pass was intended to go,to a totally different reciever?

Yea,this makes no sense to me either.

Offensive pass interference is where the intended reciever can't catch the ball,and it looks as though the DB is going to intercept,so he knocks him down,or ,otherwise commits offensive pass interference.If a guys blocked out of the play,well that's whats supposed to happen in football....right?
        I don't think offensive pass interference can be called on someone who isn't the intended reciever,can it?Which would've had to been Cam Jones on that pass play,but he caught it without anyone near him???
        Of course it can. C'mon guys...whether it was intentional or not, it was a 'pick play' and a fairly obvious call IMO.
        "Tell the truth and pay your bills and you don't have to back down from anyone"--My Dad

Comment

Originally posted by jacks1 View Post
          Of course it can. C'mon guys...whether it was intentional or not, it was a 'pick play' and a fairly obvious call IMO.
          OK....football rules are a lot more complicated than i thought...thanks for clarifying for us.

I generaly don't pay much attention to penalties,because I'm not familiar enough with the rules,but it was brought up,so naturally I had to comment with my pre-concieved misconceptions of the rules to further complicate things......
          Last edited by jackdaniel; 09-24-2013, 11:59 PM.

Comment

Working...
          X