Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: New SDSU Football Stadium Site Plan

Originally posted by Jackedforlife View Post
    Yes, Sell has stated they will pursue home playoff games if given the opportunity.
    I thought I read some place that if SDSU has the opportunity to host home playoff games this year, they would be played at Howard Wood in Sioux Falls. Can anyone confirm or deny?
    USD Fan

Comment

Originally posted by hareball View Post
      I thought I read some place that if SDSU has the opportunity to host home playoff games this year, they would be played at Howard Wood in Sioux Falls. Can anyone confirm or deny?
      I have not heard any rumors to that affect, but it seems plausible if they crank up the wrecking ball on Nov 9th immediately following the game.

Comment

Originally posted by hareball View Post
        Yea, whatever.

Comment

Well I guess it'll be a moot point if we don't win a bunch of games to make the playoffs. If the wrecking ball is stationed in the NW corner in November guess we'll have the answer.

Comment

Originally posted by Jackedforlife View Post
            Well I guess it'll be a moot point if we don't win a bunch of games to make the playoffs. If the wrecking ball is stationed in the NW corner in November guess we'll have the answer.
            I agree.

Comment

Something I would like to see with the new field turf. Put Weary Wil at the 25 yd lines on the field opposite the MVFC logos. That and the Jackrabbit logo in the center should be huge. It should stretch from 35 to 35.
              You know that you're over the hill when your mind makes a promise that your body can't fill. - L. George

Comment

Originally posted by Prairiehaas View Post
                Something I would like to see with the new field turf. Put Weary Wil at the 25 yd lines on the field opposite the MVFC logos. That and the Jackrabbit logo in the center should be huge. It should stretch from 35 to 35.
                I'm not sure about Weary Wil, he really only represents Hobo day. If I had the $ and input it'd be the current rabbit logo at the fifty and the stretch SD opposite the MVFC logo at the 25. Then again I'd pony up for a new Jackrabbit mascot costume. Little more fierce looking.

Comment

How long till the stadium webcam is turned back on? Would like to see the grandstand come down.
                  "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by Prairiehaas View Post

Agree, Weary Wil doesn't get enough recognition

Comment

Webcam is back. http://danajdykhousestadium.com/multimedia/web-cam/

Comment

how deep down are they digging the field? I can't tell on the Web Cam, but it looks like a lot.

Comment

Originally posted by leeshajo View Post
                          how deep down are they digging the field? I can't tell on the Web Cam, but it looks like a lot.
                          I was wondering that too. but wonder how the current stadium if it has footings or something that needs to be dug up or probably needs clear it all out. They didnt seem to dig down the east side but maybe they did. dont think the messed with the grass or ground level to much in from of the stadium.
                          "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by leeshajo View Post
                            I'm guessing there needs to be some kind of drainage system along with a base other than just black dirt under the turf.

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
                              I was wondering that too. but wonder how the current stadium if it has footings or something that needs to be dug up or probably needs clear it all out. They didnt seem to dig down the east side but maybe they did. dont think the messed with the grass or ground level to much in from of the stadium.
                              They dug down into the ground for footings pretty deep. They are digging for the drainage system.
                              Jackrabbits: Long ears, strong hind legs, gritty, relentless, fearless.

Comment

Yeah, guessing drainage system and engineered fill under the new artificial turf.

Comment

Working...
                                X