Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: New SDSU Football Stadium Site Plan

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
    The concession stands and restrooms on the east side were amazing. One thing I would like to see added would be a small scoreboard on the north end that would have a game clock and down and distance. It could be a narrow strip like is at the top of the big scoreboard on the south end. There is currently just a play clock on the north end and it would be nice to have at least down and distance so you don't have to constantly look back at the big board when play is at the north end.
    I agree about the need for something on the North end. I think a smaller video board with the clock and down and distance would be really nice for the students and the fans on the South end of the stadium. I know it was mentioned on here, but I didn't know if that was planned or if it was just something we wanted to see happen.

Comment

Originally posted by CappinHard View Post
      I agree about the need for something on the North end. I think a smaller video board with the clock and down and distance would be really nice for the students and the fans on the South end of the stadium. I know it was mentioned on here, but I didn't know if that was planned or if it was just something we wanted to see happen.
      Absolutely a must. Even something temporary for now.
      We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Stadium looks amazing! Only complaint on Saturday was them running out of programs on west side 10 minutes before kickoff. Should never happen! Lost revenue opportunity!

Comment

definitely felt more division one walking around the east side concourse.

Comment

Originally posted by JACKGUYII View Post
            Stadium looks amazing! Only complaint on Saturday was them running out of programs on west side 10 minutes before kickoff. Should never happen! Lost revenue opportunity!

That explains why I couldn't find one -- and that was at least 20 minutes before kickoff.
            @JacksFanInNeb

I've always believed that if someone wants to run a country, he should know how to run a tractor first.
            --Steve Hartman, CBS Sunday

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
              The concession stands and restrooms on the east side were amazing. One thing I would like to see added would be a small scoreboard on the north end that would have a game clock and down and distance. It could be a narrow strip like is at the top of the big scoreboard on the south end. There is currently just a play clock on the north end and it would be nice to have at least down and distance so you don't have to constantly look back at the big board when play is at the north end.
              How many women's restrooms are there on the east side? Has to be a great improvement on the old, west side, or my wife won't even listen to my pleas. Any under the south side?

Comment

Originally posted by CappinHard View Post
                This is almost essential for the students and fans on the south end. There were many complaints amongst students about having to crane their necks just to see the score, down and distance, clock etc.
                "Macy Miller could play for anybody in the country. She's an all-league guard in the SEC. And South Dakota State, there's no doubt they could play in our league. They wouldn't finish in the bottom half either." --Jimmy Dykes

Comment

Originally posted by Jacked4Days View Post
                  This is almost essential for the students and fans on the south end. There were many complaints amongst students about having to crane their necks just to see the score, down and distance, clock etc.
                  yeah a ribbon board or something with the essentials is a must. talking to fans at the game at in the office, its a little wierd there is only one place to see the score and clock in the whole stadium. Hopefully when they finish it that will fix and get it installed next year or soon after. unless its just a budget thing that couldnt squeeze that last thing in the wishlist.
                  "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacked4Days View Post
                    It sure would have been nice if the old scoreboard could have been moved to the north side. Any word on what happened to it?

Comment

Lines were a little long at the bathroom at Half on the east side which surprised me and with only one way in and out it makes it a little bit of a log jam.

Comment

9-12-15 Game.jpg

Stadium pic from East Side Halftime

Comment

Originally posted by Southeast View Post
                          It sure would have been nice if the old scoreboard could have been moved to the north side. Any word on what happened to it?
                          Probably in the same storage shed as the scoreboard for the Barn. I wondered what happened to that one too, it was very impressive to this 10 year old in 1951. Why you could see the score on all four sides.

Comment

I have to believe that in the final stage of construction, something will be done about additional boards -- maybe ribbons, so that every seat in the house can somehow see the score, game time and some basic stats. My guess is something will be on the west side building when it is completed.

Comment

Originally posted by Southeast View Post
                              The department has the old score board, and at one time was trying to figure out if it could be used in baseball or softball. At this point, it is doubtful it will be used (age, electronics, etc.) at all. There is nothing in the plans for the near future for anything on the north end, but down the road, if donors come forward, and/or, companies wishing to have advertising on it and thus sponsoring it, something might be done. The word is out now: pony up and you can have your name on it, or sign a contract for advertising over 10-year (or such) period paying for it. Except for the student section (and I could make an argument for the southeast and west corner seats), there is no change from what we had in Coughlin. It all comes down to a lot of demands for money for additional "nice things".

Comment

The webcam has now been disabled until the season is over.

Comment

Working...
                                X